No announcement yet.

Beckford to Everton - Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was last summers "done deal" wasnt he.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
      I seem to remember lots of people saying he aint good enough etc, etc, including someone who dismissed him and said that if he scores a goal in the premier league, he will eat a hat. Was it Nodge ?
      Yep - Was indeeed me. Still useless

Called this transfer in January. How's that for on the button info?

Anyone make any cash?

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie's Barnet View Post
        That's the one.Told us Beckford had an attitude problem, didn't want him anywhere near our squad blah blah. Same bloke that told us the Mittals weren't going to be investing any further in us.
        Not me.

But conversely, have they?

Saskena has purchased a slice of Briatore's shareholding. Last time I looked, he wasn't a Mittal. Still, mates count?

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
          Nodge has his info, and is a switched on bloke... but it was pretty common knowledge that Everton was his chosen destination in january.

It was either them, or Newcastle.
          And I don't think Newcastle can match Everton for £££ at the moment.
          Um, don't think it was Goddard....

Certainly didn't hit mainstream media until March.

NB - sorry for the influx of posts, just logged on for the first time this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
            Um, don't think it was Goddard....

Certainly didn't hit mainstream media until March.

NB - sorry for the influx of posts, just logged on for the first time this weekend.

Honestly mate, it was mentioned he was off to Everton in The Daily Mail (maybe others too?) in mid-january.
            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

A four year contract says he will be given time to do what he does best.
              No, it says he has a very good agent.
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Yep you are probably right as David Moyes is a now nothing ****wit when it comes to football players.
                Last edited by paulmason; 31-05-2010, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Yep you are probably right as David Moyes is a now nothing ****wit when it comes to football players.
                  David Moyes imo is a very smart individual and a fantastic football manager...

My comments werent about him though were they, its of my opinion Beckford will not do well week in week out in the prem...

Next subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                    Well obviously not, because we've signed two players.

Might even be three? - if Ambrose can find his way off the Croydon One-Way System anytime soon.

I think Beckford will do ok at Everton.
                    I know that, you know that but this has been the reason trotted out by a few people on here as to why no one decent has come to Loftus Rd yet.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if he signed for us in January. Pointless signing by Everton..

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                        David Moyes imo is a very smart individual and a fantastic football manager...

My comments werent about him though were they, its of my opinion Beckford will not do well week in week out in the prem...

Next subject.
                        I don't think Everton adopt the director of football role where they give players to the manager, so if Beckford went to Everton, it was because Moyes wanted him and was happy with the 4 year contract offered.

It could be that Moyes might see a bit more in him than you do.

Comment

I don't think Everton adopt the director of football role where they give players to the manager, so if Beckford went to Everton, it was because Moyes wanted him and was happy with the 4 year contract offered.

It could be that Moyes might see a bit more in him than you do.
                          Well ofcourse, im certain David Moyes is a better judge of football talent than my fine self. But IMO he wont do well in the prem, to big a step up, better defenders week in week out who IMO will be too good for him...

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                            Well ofcourse, im certain David Moyes is a better judge of football talent than my fine self. But IMO he wont do well in the prem, to big a step up, better defenders week in week out who IMO will be too good for him...
                            Time will tell but I think he is going to make a few people go wow next season and the problem with that is that other teams will be looking for the Beckfords and Hoopers ect of the Championship.

Comment

Time will tell but I think he is going to make a few people go wow next season and the problem with that is that other teams will be looking for the Beckfords and Hoopers ect of the Championship.
                              Theres allways been that danger, nothings changed becuase Everton have picked up Beckford!!

Hes not the 1st lower league player to get snapped up by bigger prem clubs.

Comment

Working...
                              X