MacAnthony: QPR Can't Afford Lewis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacAnthony: QPR Can't Afford Lewis

QPR have bid £500k for Joe Lewis, however chairman MacAnthony has already dismissed speculation as they have already been offered £2m by a number of Premier league clubs.

MacAnthony "QPR can't afford Joe as they don't spend a large amount on transfer fees, also it's more likely that he'll end up at a Premiership club."

I guess that also rules out that keeper.
    Last edited by ollyhoops; 31-05-2010, 11:19 AM.

"QPR don't spend alot on trasfer fees"

Ultimately thats why we can never compete. I can understand it with our crowds, but I wish we didn't have wool pulled over our eyes sometimes.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

lol £500k....what a joke

Comment

Well another one written off.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Ultimately thats why we can never compete. I can understand it with our crowds, but I wish we didn't have wool pulled over our eyes sometimes.
          im glad you added that..

in my opinion if these owners wanted to really put us in the prem they would spend money.. because sadly thats how its done these days.. you offer sizeable money for the quality players.. you cant always find a gem out of a pile of rocks..

we have had alot of ins and outs since the new era and for me its all been on the cheap. if the owners was serious about premier league and champions league football they would spend the money to avoid an excuse. you cant buy the league but you can make it easier by putting quality into each of the 11 positions on the field.

we;ve got the manager.. sadly we havent got the players.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Better

better wait untill hes at the end of his contract then we get him on a bosman free
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Fulham and Wigan did it on far smaller crowds.

All about the desire and the ambition of the owners.....

Comment

Pete - can I just ask why you seem more down on the whole operation now? I'm not having a dig just genuinely curious. You were very loyal before saying the board had invested enough to get us promoted etc. Why the disillusionment now when arguably things are at least more stable without Flavio?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Pete - can I just ask why you seem more down on the whole operation now? I'm not having a dig just genuinely curious. You were very loyal before saying the board had invested enough to get us promoted etc. Why the disillusionment now when arguably things are at least more stable without Flavio?
                  Probably because of the players we've signed and now knowing that we're not competing for top end players.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                    Probably because of the players we've signed and now knowing that we're not competing for top end players.
                    We know that? How?

Don't you think Bentnar, Ambrose, Kenny, Hooper, Speroni, are top end players in this league?
                    We might not have signed any of those yet... maybe we will, maybe we wont - time will tell.... but I think it's safe to say that it's early days, and we are competing for them.

I'm sure there are others that Warnock is enquiring about, but the leaks have dried up a bit, so you, me (and probably Pete?) don't hear about it all, unlike the good old days of Flav and his Crew.
                    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Working...
                    X