No announcement yet.

Will our 2 year search end this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will our 2 year search end this summer?

For a QUALITY striker,or 2 quality strikers,have to say at this stage i would take 1,but am worried that we will start the season,ONCE AGAIN without a decent striker.I am not worried about ANY other position on the pitch,as we will have plenty of cover every where else,but where we REALLY need quality is up front.Clarke and Mackie wont get us to the play offs,and while im aware there is over 2 months to go,im worried this matter will not be addressed properly,I REALLY HOPE IM WRONG!.do others feel the same way?

Entirely. Even Pete seems to agree, judging by a post this morning. Yes sensible voices such as Goddard will point out, quite rightly, that it is v v early days so we may still be very pleasantly surprised but it is at the very least a matter of some concern that with the exception of a brief lived rumour about Hulse we haven't been linked with any striker that wd set any pulses racing. Insideinfo or whatever he is called was saying we aren't even interested in Hooper for instance. I know its Warnock's decision and we should respect that but it does beg the question if he has been given sufficient funds or whether the board think he is some kind of miracle working who can do it all on hot air.

Comment

NONE of the names i have been told about fall into the quality striker bracket im afraid,and i agree NW is not a miracle worker and without at least 1 decent striker it would require a miracle to get us promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
        NONE of the names i have been told about fall into the quality striker bracket im afraid,and i agree NW is not a miracle worker and without at least 1 decent striker it would require a miracle to get us promoted.
        Who would fall into that bracket for you?

Not a dig, just curious.
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Honda
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Goddard: think you know what kind of striker he is talking about. We can all quibble about whether we wd pref a hulse, hendeson, maynard, hooper etc but I think most wd agree it needst o be someone of that kind of quality.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Goddard: think you know what kind of striker he is talking about. We can all quibble about whether we wd pref a hulse, hendeson, maynard, hooper etc but I think most wd agree it needst o be someone of that kind of quality.
              I'd agree with those names. I'd be ok with any of them.
              But I was asking Matthew.
              He might not have the same names in mind as you, or me.
              I've seen Hulse called a donkey on here, and Henderson rated as not good enough.

You'd be surprised what some people expect, or hope for.
              Dindane, Piquionne, Beattie... I've even seen a couple of people seriously suggest we should make a cheeky bid for Pavylechenko.
              Although that was in january!
              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

I don't see why beattie is not realistic?

If we paid him the 30k a wk, then he would of signed, simple.

However looks like we have missed the boat as he might be off to Blackburn but he is just the type of centre forward a promotion chasing side would need.
                Yes he could get injured but its a risk worth taking.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Well we'll just have to pay a bit more and bring someone in like Hooper or Maynard.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                    I'd agree with those names. I'd be ok with any of them.
                    But I was asking Matthew.
                    He might not have the same names in mind as you, or me.
                    I've seen Hulse called a donkey on here, and Henderson rated as not good enough.

You'd be surprised what some people expect, or hope for.
                    Dindane, Piquionne, Beattie... I've even seen a couple of people seriously suggest we should make a cheeky bid for Pavylechenko.
                    Although that was in january!

I know the wilder shores of our fanbase combine extreme expectation with wrist slitting depression but I think players of the ilk I've mentioned wd satisfy all but the very fussiest. Even a Morrison or a Bogdanovic on a free would have been quite popular I think. The question is, can we realistically expect two or even one striker of Hooper like quality? So far we haven't received any answer to that question.

Comment

We will definately sign 2 more strikers! No question about it! Mackie I really don't think will play up top warnock doesn't like width so I see him tucking in left,
                      Clarke as of Derry will be squad players but could come in handy!

Comment

I cant really see why there is a problem with the "fact" that we arent yet linked to any "top" strikers as you call it. I believe that Warnock is aware of our need upfront. Most likely he will have one or two onboard before next season.
                        On the other hand;To get a player like Beattie and Kitson etc we may eventually have to wait untill January to show them that we finally are a club with much needed stability.

Apparenty Kitson refused to come to us January last.

My view only
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Almost as soon as he arrived, Neil Warnock identified our absence of quality strikers.
                          I'll be very surprised if he doesn't strengthen this area, which has really been our Achille's heel for the last three or four seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Comment

Working...
                            X