Dominic Shimmin(ex Ranger)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominic Shimmin(ex Ranger)

Young defender from Arsenal played for us a couple of seasons ago is now a pro in Scotland. He used to play for Morton but has signed for Dundee Utd.

Is a player we should have kept. In that respect do some of you remember him playing "live"?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Originally posted by Revīs wife View Post
    Young defender from Arsenal played for us a couple of seasons ago is now a pro in Scotland. He used to play for Morton but has signed for Dundee Utd.

Is a player we should have kept. In that respect do some of you remember him playing "live"?
    Yes...wasn't particularity good. Perhaps thats why he is in Scotland now
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
      Yes...wasn't particularity good. Perhaps thats why he is in Scotland now

Ok, I see
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

i didn't think he was that bad in the few games he played for us

Comment

Yer watched him about 3 seasons ago, Stevenage vs Crawley, he was a massive lump at the back and got sent off.

Comment

He thought if he looked like Rio Ferdinand he would play like him.

Sadly not though...............

Comment

He wasn't really given the chance and he didn't have the right coach to help him.

Comment

Injured all the time
                CHAMPIONS
                Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Has signed for Dundee FC not Dundee United

Comment

I always thought he looked decent whenever he played. Kanyuka as well. Neither really got a chance and were both injured a lot.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

He was a really good youngster , came through with Mat Connolly. Both of them playing at center back, should have been given longer, and with better players round him would have settled down and proved to be a quality signing.

Comment

saw Shimmin play end of the season against Stoke a few years back and he had a great game, was released weeks later...

his problem was never ability, just that he made Matthew Rose look like a picture of fitness....

Kanyuka was a good player and will be getting Champions League football enxt season with CFR Cluj

Comment

Don't think he's that bad a player and still a very young man at 22 years of age but injuries have restricted him to less that 50 games in 5 years. I think he's knee is totally shot from the injury he picked up shortly after joining us.

Benny mentioned Pat Kanyuka, he was a player I always liked too. A centre back in the mould of Big Dan and I fanced him to do well, never quite happened tho did it?!!!!

Comment

Playing for Dunee Utd shows that he is not good enough!
                            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                              saw Shimmin play end of the season against Stoke a few years back and he had a great game, was released weeks later...

his problem was never ability, just that he made Matthew Rose look like a picture of fitness....

Kanyuka was a good player and will be getting Champions League football enxt season with CFR Cluj

Really, that club is decent to say the least.

But when speaking about Shimmin, we also had another youngster from Arenal who did quite well,or did he?. I cant remember his name though. ...
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X