Charlie Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Austin

isnt he worth a punt hell be cheap and has only played one season of proffessional football and ended up swindons top scorrer with 20 something goals and he only began playing in the 1st team since october ,he is going to be playing at wembley in the playoff final , so everyone that hasnt seen him can have a sneak peek.
    if we were going for a gamble it should of been this guy instead of leon clarke.

Definitely...watched him play the other day on sky, looked quality.
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

We already have signed two "gambles". Call me old fashioned but why can't we sign one striker who is actually proven?

Comment

Austin was recommended to QPR by a Dorset scout (FA registered and QPR fan) 18 months ago. Having not got a response from QPR, he was then recommended to Bournemouth who had him for pre season training and wanted to sign him but were prevented by the transfer embargo.

Same scout who recommended Wade Elliott to QPR when he was at Bashley....

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          We already have signed two "gambles". Call me old fashioned but why can't we sign one striker who is actually proven?
          if you read again i said we should of got him INSTEAD of leon clarke

Comment

less of a gamble than Leon Clarke but would cost more and Paladini wanted Clarke....would have made a lot more sense tho

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              less of a gamble than Leon Clarke but would cost more and Paladini wanted Clarke....would have made a lot more sense tho
              Pete said Paladini has "nowt" to do with transfer dealings.
              Didnt NW say he wanted clarke at Palace?

Comment

I would offer a trial and see how he does.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                  I would offer a trial and see how he does.
                  no offence mate, but you offer trials to 19 year olds without a club, not 20 goal a season strikers in league 1!
                  RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    Pete said Paladini has "nowt" to do with transfer dealings.Didnt NW say he wanted clarke at Palace?
                    Take with HUGE pinch of salt.

IMO - obviously!

Comment

what is wrong with some people.. "worth a punt, he'll be cheap", "give him a trial"... austin will cost a million at very least.

Comment

also don't forget that nicky maynard cost bristol £2.25m (coming from league one) and he had a pretty average first season. we're not a club that puts that kind of work into developing players any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                          what is wrong with some people.. "worth a punt, he'll be cheap", "give him a trial"... austin will cost a million at very least.
                          exactly a million is a bargain

Comment

I'll be at the game tomorrow........

and am looking forward (excuse the accidental pun!!) to running the rule over young Chas.. apparently he was a brickie playing for Poole Town at the start of last season..... christ if that's true about us being tipped off about this fella and he goes onto big things then someone at LR will feel a prize plum!!

Comment

would he really be cheap though? There is a big sell on clause with this old club Poole town so they would want 1.5 million at least IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X