Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4m on tarbs........better value elsewhere???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
    You know my top 3 players of all time outside QPR in my lifetime are as follows....

1. Faustino Asprilla
    2. Eric Cantona
    3. Christiano Ronaldo

Now I am not saying for one minute before some i.diot jumps on this post that Taaarbt is in the same league as these players but it was the Enigmatic, Arrogance and Ego which sets these players apart from the rest for me.

You ask any Geordie about Asprilla and they drool at the mere mention of his bame, yet look at his troubled career etc.

The same players who you think would see Taarabt having a negative effect on the squad will be turning to him on the pitch for a%2

excerllant repost old son i have to agree.......me n your are becomming abit like cameron n clegg............you being cleggy of course!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
      im on your side on this geesey!
      Cheers Factamondo,or should we say Facta25 if this hot weather continues.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
        Cheers Factamondo,or should we say Facta25 if this hot weather continues.
        not too hot nin gods county today old bean.....cloudy n dull.........bit like fulham in hamburg!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
          imho as good a player as some might suggest....would the 'rumoured' 4m fee be better spent elsewhere???.....say 2m for hooper.....1m for speroni......1m for tosic????
          Facto - Not having a dig fella but the £4m fee that has been branded about is complete nonsense fella. Maybe the whole deal could be worth something like that if a series of clauses are met eg promotion, goals scored, appearancs etc. In all honestly our board aren't stupid. We are a Championship side with budgets in place. Saksena said to a very close friend of mine at the end of the season that the club will do all they can within reason to get him back here next season. The key words being within reason. The initial fee will be somewhere in the region of £2m which will include paying him up his contract at Spurs, IF we manage to get him. This same friend is believe is going to his wedding in the South of France very soon so if we get no official announcements then I might get some more gossip in the next 10 days or so.

Comment

Not read all of this. But underlying question seems : is Adel worth £4m (assuming we don't have a bottomless pit). Answer : No he isn't. We could get a v good quality striker for that for example, or pay wages to attract good ones on lesser fees which we are baulking at it seems. Adel is gifted but has a bad attitude to team work. Loses possession and never tracks back. Must be a nightmare on team spirit. He'll be worse as the £4m star of the team I can imagine. I get and share the desire flamboyance and style. Adel has a bit of it but actually he's not that great most of the time and there's no point in all the trick pony stuff unless it ultimately delivers for the team. I like the points that the Rangers legends Stan Bowles, Dave Thomas and Gerry Francis all make about their flamboyant style in the Sky time of your life interview. (They should know a thing or two ) and each stresses they had no time for showboating (from them or anyone else) until and unless the win was secured for the team. Adel it seems to me would be quite happy to score a blinder in a 3-1 defeat every week.

Comment

Good as he is I'd be wary of blowing too much of our transfer kitty on him or any single player. They could snap their leg in first game of season and we'd be stuffed... I'd be happy if Adel was one of three "marquee signings" but not with Adel plus a few journeymen or jobbing footballers.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                my opinion is IF Adel does cost £4 million,and IF that makes up most of what Neil has to spend,then we shouldnt do it,money would be better spent on 2 quality strikers and a goalie.

It doesnt excist a fixed limit as such.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

[QUOTE=qprjames;368534]Nail on the head. Agreed with every word[/QUOTE

Seconded.

Last year he played alongside donkies. No wonder he got frustrated. And those who slated him from the terraces
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Working...
                  X