Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4m on tarbs........better value elsewhere???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4m on tarbs........better value elsewhere???

imho as good a player as some might suggest....would the 'rumoured' 4m fee be better spent elsewhere???.....say 2m for hooper.....1m for speroni......1m for tosic????
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Tosic is free, I think?!

And we're not paying anywhere near £4m
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

What is with this attitude of the money being better spent somewhere else.

Ever thought the aditional funds have been provisioned for Taarabt on top of what is already available.

Typical clap trap from Rangers fans speculating over funds they can't put a figure on.

Comment

My understanding of it is,we have no budget as such,but where an area needs strengthening they would spend?
        I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

its just my opinion old boy......this is a board for opinions last time i looked is it not???

Comment

my opinion is IF Adel does cost £4 million,and IF that makes up most of what Neil has to spend,then we shouldnt do it,money would be better spent on 2 quality strikers and a goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
              its just my opinion old boy......this is a board for opinions last time i looked is it not???
              Put it into perspective Facto.

The Board are looking to invest in the squad, all investmnets in life carry some sort of risk. Lets say we do have £5 million spend on all playes and another £5 million for Taarabt. The Board might say the greatest return we are likely to see on a player is Taaarbt providing Warnock unleashes his true potential which the Board have Warnocks assurances he will.

Point I'm making is you have to speculate to accumalate and well Taaarbt is biggest invetsment any team at this level could ever make. The purchase of Taarabt in the long term could cover the purchase of all other players this summer and Taarabts fee itself if we sell him or get promoted etc.

For me its a no brainer, best player in the CCC by a country mile, under Warnock I have seen enough to know that with stability and good man to management Taarabt will fly next season. People knock Petes bet for 15 goals in a season from Taarabt but the truth is the lad is more than capable and if we get him this summer I do believe we will see a far more positive Taarabt who will grab the CCC by the scruff of the neck and **** all over it.
              Last edited by W12_Ranger; 27-05-2010, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                my opinion is IF Adel does cost £4 million,and IF that makes up most of what Neil has to spend,then we shouldnt do it,money would be better spent on 2 quality strikers and a goalie.
                exactamondo matty..........eggs in one basket springs to mind over tarabbt..........i personally dont think he's that great!

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post

The Board are looking to invest in the squad, all investmnets in life carry some sort of risk. Lets say we do have £5 million spend on all playes and another £5 million for Taarabt. The Board might say the greatest return we are likely to see on a player is Taaarbt providing Warnock unleashes his true potential which the Board have Warnocks assurances he will.

Point I'm making is you have to speculate to accumalate and well Taaarbt is biggest invetsment any team at this level could ever make. The purchase of Taarabt in the long term could cover the purchase of all other players and Taarabts fee itself if we sell him or get promoted etc.

For me its a no brainer, best player in the CCC by a country mile, under Warnock I have seen enough to know that with stability and good man to managementr Taarabt will fly next season. People knock Petes bet for 15 goals in a season from Taarabt but the truth is the lad is more than capable and if we get him this summer I do believe we will see a far more positive Taarabt who will grab the CCC by the scruff of the neck and **** all over it.
                  Nail on the head. Agreed with every word
                  Now, Then, Forever
                  [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post

Board are looking to invest in the squad, all investmnets in life carry some sort of risk. Lets say we do have £5 million on all playes and another £5 million for Taarabt. The Board might say the greatest return we are likely to see on a player is Taaarbt providing Warnock unleashes his true potential which the Board have Warnocks assurances he will.

Point I'm making is you have to speculate to accumalate and well Taaarbt is biggest invetsment any team at this level could ever make. The purchase of Taarabt in the long term could cover the purchase of all other players and Taarabts fee itself.

For me its a no brainer, best player in the CCC by a country mile, under Warnock I have seen enough to with a stability and good man to managementr Taarabt will fly next season. People knock Petes bet for 15 goals in a season from Taarabt but the truth is the lad is more than capable and if we get him this summer I do believe we will see a far more positive Taarabt who grab the CCC by the scruff of the net and **** all over it.

westy i take on board the 'speculate to accumalate' reason as yes 4m now then say 15m off someone else in a year or so is sound business.....but my concern is the lads suspect ego n character....would he upset our applecart to ill effect...........this is my concern!

Comment

At the end of the day,none of us know how much Warnock has to spend!!! But I'm tending to go with W12 on this one,as I'm sure he has set aside monies for Tarbs,and if Warnock can tap the potential,think what the club would make!!
                      I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

imho as good a player as some might suggest....would the 'rumoured' 4m fee be better spent elsewhere???.....say 2m for hooper.....1m for speroni......1m for tosic????
                        I'm not as big a fan of Taarabt as some.When everything else is considered,I think he is a show-boating prima donna on the pitch,albeit a nice guy off it.He became a little less greedy towards the end of the season,but I'm worried that a leopard doesn't change his spots and might be a bit of a luxury,in an otherwise workmanlike and competitive team.As for the 15 goals he claimed he would get last season,what happened to them.Ambrose could do his job,and I'd rather spend the alledged £4-5m on 2 high profile strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                          I'm not as big a fan of Taarabt as some.When everything else is considered,I think he is a show-boating prima donna on the pitch,albeit a nice guy off it.He became a little less greedy towards the end of the season,but I'm worried that a leopard doesn't change his spots and might be a bit of a luxury,in an otherwise workmanlike and competitive team.As for the 15 goals he claimed he would get last season,what happened to them.Ambrose could do his job,and I'd rather spend the alledged £4-5m on 2 high profile strikers.
                          im on your side on this geesey!

Comment

See where Facto is coming from. If we don't sign two cracking good strikers then tabs does seem a bit indulgent. However, suspect any talk of 4/5m is a bit inflated as its bound to include fanciful figures for £1m if we qualify for the champions league etc...

Comment

westy i take on board the 'speculate to accumalate' reason as yes 4m now then say 15m off someone else in a year or so is sound business.....but my concern is the lads suspect ego n character....would he upset our applecart to ill effect...........this is my concern!
                              You know my top 3 players of all time outside QPR in my lifetime are as follows....

1. Faustino Asprilla
                              2. Eric Cantona
                              3. Christiano Ronaldo

Now I am not saying for one minute before some i.diot jumps on this post that Taaarbt is in the same league as these players but it was the Enigmatic, Arrogance and Ego which sets these players apart from the rest for me.

You ask any Geordie about Asprilla and they drool at the mere mention of his bame, yet look at his troubled career etc.

The same players who you think would see Taarabt having a negative effect on the squad will be turning to him on the pitch for a moment of inspiration to win games.

I'll try to rewrite the last bit again because this disappeared???

You have admire Warnocks ability and confidence in managment skills to go out on a limb to try to sign a player most managers couldn't handle, I think this a true reflection of the man who is now in charge.

At the end of the day QPR fans need to start showing Taarabt that we appreciate him as one of our own if we sign him and vice versa (its a 2 way street you know). Bottom line is we have one enigmatic foreign 20 year old against 13000 of the hardest fans to please in football.
                              Last edited by W12_Ranger; 27-05-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X