Claude Davis...Stern john?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claude Davis...Stern john?

whilst we're interested in past-it palace players why not go for him.. would be a treat.. him, hill and derry! but wait we need a striker.. stern john anybody?

if we are truely in for derry, i cant see him coming to QPR to sit on the bench.

a leader yes but thats all he is.. he has nothing else he could offer us we dont already have..
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Derry is back up.

Have to be honest though, we really should be aiming for higher grade of players rather than the ones we've been linked to such as Derry.

From what I've heard so far I think we'll be lucky to push for the play offs let alone top 2!

Comment

sorry but what indication do you believe derry would be a backup for us?

remember these are 'warnock signings' so dont expect them to come and take a backseat like alberti..

we have a better version of derry in mahon and at a stretch he isnt imo enough for a promotion pushing midfield.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

seems to be loads of backup only players coming in... just hope we are right and we do get to sign some first teamers.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          seems to be loads of backup only players coming in... just hope we are right and we do get to sign some first teamers.
          like i said before i genuinely believe these signings to be first teamers.. we HOPE they will be backups.. but we cant be signing 6 players to all be 'backups'

if derry does sign i will have lost faith..

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
            sorry but what indication do you believe derry would be a backup for us?

remember these are 'warnock signings' so dont expect them to come and take a backseat like alberti..

we have a better version of derry in mahon and at a stretch he isnt imo enough for a promotion pushing midfield.
            It means exactly what it says on the tin "backup"... Can you see Derry starting and completing 90mins every week? course not he's only going to be used as a stop gap player/ or as backup to injuries.

He's no better than Mahon/Rowlands. I'm still waiting for the good players to come in rather than all this mediocre..

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
              It means exactly what it says on the tin "backup"... Can you see Derry starting and completing 90mins every week? course not he's only going to be used as a stop gap player/ or as backup to injuries.

He's no better than Mahon/Rowlands. I'm still waiting for the good players to come in rather than all this mediocre..
              hope your right but i got a feeling these are the first team players....hope im wrong and still long way to go yet

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post

110% agreed he is no better than those two.. not arguing that.

In my team derry doesnt get in matchday squad.

in warnocks team? i dont know.. he likes him..

he has played over 50 games for palace last season.. so completing 90minutes shouldnt be a problem.

leon clarke is a backup.. you can tell that by the interview given by warnock 'taking a gamble'

i somehow dont feel we will see same wording when/if derry signs.

if he comes i expect warnock to give him an active role in the team.. likely to replace mahon.

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Both Mahon and Rowly are coming back from bad long term injuries and there is a chance that neither will come back the same or may struggle to play 2 games in a week.

We all said we needed more leaders out on the pitch and just having 2 for the season is not enough. If you want to build a team for the top 6 / top 2 then you far more than just "fancy" players, you need ugly, motivational and leaders that when things go wrong they stand up and kick there own team mates ass when needed.

Like we need players like Clarke, who are not 1st teamers but defult but are willing to break thier backs in training to prove everyone wrong. This helps make the others push themselves further in order to keep them out. A balance team isn't just technical ability but mental as well and it all needs fine tuning.

Just my thoughts
                  One for all.... and all for one

Comment

I am afraid he would a failure just like Fitz Hall!
                    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post
                      Both Mahon and Rowly are coming back from bad long term injuries and there is a chance that neither will come back the same or may struggle to play 2 games in a week.

We all said we needed more leaders out on the pitch and just having 2 for the season is not enough. If you want to build a team for the top 6 / top 2 then you far more than just "fancy" players, you need ugly, motivational and leaders that when things go wrong they stand up and kick there own team mates ass when needed.

Like we need players like Clarke, who are not 1st teamers but defult but are willing to break thier backs in training to prove everyone wrong. This helps make the others push themselves further in order to keep them out. A balance team isn't just technical ability but mental as well and it all needs fine tuning.

Just my thoughts
                      110% agree we need a squad.. we have the technical players already.. we now need character and some physical attributes to our team.

but there are alot of better options than derry. man should be in league 1

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X