No announcement yet.

Tarrabt or Buz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's a support striker, or "in the hole" between the oppositions midfield and defence. That's where he was at his most dangerous for us, especially away from home at Palace and Preston.

Comment

"Support striker", or "in the hole".

That's what I mean.
      These phrases are usually reserved for a player who confuses the f**k out of everyone.

He probably confuses himself sometimes.
      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
        "Support striker", or "in the hole".

That's what I mean.
        These phrases are usually reserved for a player who confuses the f**k out of everyone.

He probably confuses himself sometimes.
        Don't agree Goddard, it's not that confusing to be honest. He plays behind the main striker where its hard for the opposition to pick him up. Also in that position he has very little defensive duties to worry about.

Comment

It's not far off from the position Bowles played in i.e anywhere he felt like as long as it wasn't in defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
            Don't agree Goddard, it's not that confusing to be honest. He plays behind the main striker where its hard for the opposition to pick him up. Also in that position he has very little defensive duties to worry about.
            I'm not disagreeing with you.
            That's where he should play.

But I've seen him played on the left of midfield, right midfield... even warnock has joked that he doesn't know what to do with him sometimes.

Play him "in the hole" behind 2 strikers, or just one target man?
            That's what I mean... we need to make it clearer to him what his role is. And how he fits into the rest of our pattern. It's not all about him.
            I'm sure Warnock would sort that out, and make it clearer to him (and us) what the f**k he's supposed to be doing out there.

There is no way I would ever play him as a standard left midfielder, or give him any responsibilities for defending.
            Hence the likes of Captain Derry and "Oh My God They Kilkenny" being linked.

You need a solid back door when you have someone like Taarabt given a free role to roam around.
            If you don't, then you are in trouble.

Comment

I'm not disagreeing with you.
              That's where he should play.

But I've seen him played on the left of midfield, right midfield... even warnock has joked that he doesn't know what to do with him sometimes.

Play him "in the hole" behind 2 strikers, or just one target man?
              That's what I mean... we need to make it clearer to him what his role is. And how he fits into the rest of our pattern. It's not all about him.
              I'm sure Warnock would sort that out, and make it clearer to him (and us) what the f**k he's supposed to be doing out there.

There is no way I would ever play him as a standard left midfielder, or give him any responsibilities for defending.
              Hence the likes of Captain Derry and "Oh My God They Kilkenny" being linked.

You need a solid back door when you have someone like Taarabt given a free role to roam around.
              If you don't, then you are in trouble.

Agree 100% with that.

Comment

I think Adel plays better when he attacks from a wide position, some of his best goals have come when he gets up speed and makes oppo defenders frightened to tackle him. So for me Adel on the wing with Buzz in the centre.
                RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                  I think Adel plays better when he attacks from a wide position, some of his best goals have come when he gets up speed and makes oppo defenders frightened to tackle him. So for me Adel on the wing with Buzz in the centre.
                  Agree. If he is going to sign, thats the only position Two Ball should play, but he needs to stay wide to offer options as on many occasions, players looked to go wide but Two Ball had gone walk about.

Comment

It's got to be Buzsaky for me.

Taarabt hold's on to the ball to
                    long at time's.And then lose it to
                    the other team.

He's not a C.Midfielder.
                    Heaven is full of true great Q.p.r players & fans
                    May they all Rest in Peace.

Comment

He's good fun.

His biggest attributes last season were nutmegging people on the half way line, and winning penalties with fancy footwork.
                      Great talent.

But Buzsakys goal at Palace was a better example of what is my cup of tea in an attacking midfielder. Not his best season, but that goal summed him up for me. When he's right, he's f***ing brilliant.

Ambrose's 20 goals last season, and near perfect delivery from set-pieces is also my "cup of tea".

Taarabt is more of a flash c0cktail, with straws and sparklers and stuff.
                      Which is nice. Sometimes.
                      And brilliant. Sometimes.
                      And a total pain in the ####... sometimes.

You can have both types, as long as people are willing to get their heads around the fact that players like Derry and Hill are needed to actually defend, scrap, lead, and fight for the right to give those players the ball in the first place.

Oh, and a good strong centre forward or two would be nice to finish things off.
                      But that's a seperate matter, and I'm sure there are/will be a few threads about that little subject.

Comment

He's good fun.

His biggest attributes last season were nutmegging people on the half way line, and winning penalties with fancy footwork.
                        Great talent.

But Buzsakys goal at Palace was a better example of what is my cup of tea in an attacking midfielder. Not his best season, but that goal summed him up for me. When he's right, he's f***ing brilliant.

Ambrose's 20 goals last season, and near perfect delivery from set-pieces is also my "cup of tea".

Taarabt is more of a flash c0cktail, with straws and sparklers and stuff.
                        Which is nice. Sometimes.
                        And brilliant. Sometimes.
                        And a total pain in the ####... sometimes.

You can have both types, as long as people are willing to get their heads around the fact that players like Derry and Hill are needed to actually defend, scrap, lead, and fight for the right to give those players the ball in the first place.

Oh, and a good strong centre forward or two would be nice to finish things off.
                        But that's a seperate matter, and I'm sure there are/will be a few threads about that little subject.
                        I tend to agree with the above.

For me Taarabt is a very gifted player and with the right players alongside him, will provide good entertainment, which afterall is what football is supposed to be about.

Comment

an in form Buzz any day of the week

Comment

Buzsaky
                            CHAMPIONS
                            Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Taarabt all day day long, sell Buzsaky and put the cash towards a striker

Comment

I'd say Tarrabt, who is a complete match winner. Though he does have to curb his petty behaviour and negative reactions when things don't go his way.
                                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                                X