Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect to that man...........

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
    Good points mate. I've renewed my season ticket because I want to support my team. As I always do. The only thing that will stop me I reckon is if/when I can't afford it.
    Signings have nothing to do with it for me. I've been going for near on 50 years and I've seen supposedly GOOD signings fail miserably, and previously unknown players prove to be absolute stars. Thats what happens sometimes, thats football.
    Its a journey, a lifetimes journey, and I fckin love it!
    nigh on half a century you deserve an effing medal.... well done my sahn that is impressive and you've seen the very best and worst in all that time. christ what a lifetime of frustration with the very occasional bite of the cherry.... bit like being married after all those years to some extent although with Rangers its you who ends up getting shafted not you doing the shafting....

Comment

No disrespect but............

having skimmed through this, I got the impression of 'mine's bigger than yours' type thoughts and associated this as a silly season type post...........

Bring on next season and a performance to savage............ or eulogize about.....................

Comment

Well when my ole Dad took me to my first game, we were in the 3rd Division, and had only EVER spent 4 seasons at the level we're at now.
        There was this hope that one day we might get back there again.
        I remember when I was about 10, was playing football with my mates and we were talking about what we would like to see our teams achieve.
        Me and my Watford mate wanted to see our teams in the First Division, the Cup Final at Wembley, Europe, and to go and see them play at places like Old Trafford and Anfield. For both teams, stuck in the Third Division it was SO unlikely that ANY of that would happen, it would be like expecting Brentford to do it now!
        But of course just three years later QPR got promoted to the First Division and had collected the League Cup at Wembley along the way. And I did achieve my dreams of seeing us on all those grounds and indeed winning at most.
        Like I said, its a lifetimes journey, and you have to take the rough with the smooth. I've seen some DREADFUL performances, but to be at places like Hillsborough in 2004 having been at Cardiff the year before, makes it all the sweeter when success arrives.
        The owners money now makes people expect that we will spend a fortune on players, personally I think its more important that we sign players with a good attitude, some talent, and then manage them properly.
        I am confident that Neil Warnock will ensure that we have a better season this season than last, and we will see what that brings.

Comment

Nice one and very philosophical old bean....

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
          Well when my ole Dad took me to my first game, we were in the 3rd Division, and had only EVER spent 4 seasons at the level we're at now.
          There was this hope that one day we might get back there again.
          I remember when I was about 10, was playing football with my mates and we were talking about what we would like to see our teams achieve.
          Me and my Watford mate wanted to see our teams in the First Division, the Cup Final at Wembley, Europe, and to go and see them play at places like Old Trafford and Anfield. For both teams, stuck in the Third Division it was SO unlikely that ANY of that would happen, it would be like expecting Brentford to do it now!
          But of course just three years later QPR got promoted to the First Division and had collected the League Cup at Wembley along the way. And I did achieve my dreams of seeing us on all those grounds and indeed winning at most.
          Like I said, its a lifetimes journey, and you have to take the rough with the smooth. I've seen some DREADFUL performances, but to be at places like Hillsborough in 2004 having been at Cardiff the year before, makes it all the sweeter when success arrives.
          The owners money now makes people expect that we will spend a fortune on players, personally I think its more important that we sign players with a good attitude, some talent, and then manage them properly.
          I am confident that Neil Warnock will ensure that we have a better season this season than last, and we will see what that brings.

A happy bunny then...

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
            A happy bunny then...
            I think we'll have a decent season

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
              never had a season ticket last 2 seasons as didn't like what was happening at the club and for health reasons.
              Money this season is tight but could just manage a season ticket, but have decided to pick a few games instead as i just don't see any change in the type of player signing......we are supposed to be looking forward to this season as Warnock was getting excited about it as well....to then go and sign players from relegated teams......doesn't really say much about ambition.
              If people find this wrong then thats their choice.........
              Dont you think its more sensible to reserve judgement until the transfer window closes and then judge our summer signings as a whole? That would give us all a far clearer idea of Warnock and the board's intentions for the season ahead, I'm sure you'd agree. Reaching any type of conclusion in May is hugely premature, no?

Comment

Working...
              X