Mackin - a 4 year contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    W12 Ranger in your honest opinion, do you think players like Mackie and Clint Hill are players that should be in a side chasing for promotion? I won't compare us to Newcastle because they dropped down a division and kept hold of there premiership players, however West Brom are a good mold to follow. The difference is west brom don't charge around 600 quid for a season ticket and they can attract big named players. If we are serious about promotion I just hope you are right and we actually get the cheque book out because surely now we have realised that we can't do it on the cheap ie Mackie 500k and clint hill free, by all means go for the value for money but then back it up with a massive signing that will attract players back to LR. Unless we keep shying away from the kitsons/beattie's and then miss out on the hoopers I don't see anything but a mid table finish. Benny no hard feelings mate and I was wrong to name call. We both want whats best for our club I just get fed up with underwhelming dull signings.

Comment

W12 Ranger in your honest opinion, do you think players like Mackie and Clint Hill are players that should be in a side chasing for promotion? I won't compare us to Newcastle because they dropped down a division and kept hold of there premiership players, however West Brom are a good mold to follow. The difference is west brom don't charge around 600 quid for a season ticket and they can attract big named players. If we are serious about promotion I just hope you are right and we actually get the cheque book out because surely now we have realised that we can't do it on the cheap ie Mackie 500k and clint hill free, by all means go for the value for money but then back it up with a massive signing that will attract players back to LR. Unless we keep shying away from the kitsons/beattie's and then miss out on the hoopers I don't see anything but a mid table finish. Benny no hard feelings mate and I was wrong to name call. We both want whats best for our club I just get fed up with underwhelming dull signings.
      Well for starters I don't think we will get promoted next season I think there is too much work to be done, but whoever we sign I'm just gonna enjoy my football.

Its one signing its too early to be casting a judgement, we are not even in June yet. This is the problem with this website and the rumour mill because it messes with expectations of our support and generally encourages us to regurgitate total b.ollocks.

I do think you need players like Mackie and Hill who by Plymouth/Palace fans admissions are grafters and always give their all. Although they may not be the most technically gifted, Warnock thinks he can work with them at Rangers and they will improve the squad.

With the exception of Gorkks, Faurlin & Ramage how many players do we have who gave their all in every match they played last season. We are severely lacking in players with these attributes (we should have a whole squad of them) due to the incompetence of Gianni Paladini.

The reason why we are where we are as a club is because Paladini went out and assembled a total mismatch of individuals trying to play Football Manager. Leave these decisions to the expert Neil Warnock, and let him build a TEAM not just a list of names which look good on paper.
      Last edited by W12_Ranger; 19-05-2010, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
        Well for starters I don't think we will get promoted next season I think there is too much work to be done, but whoever we sign I'm just gonna enjoy my football.

Its one signing its too early to be casting a judgement, we are not even in June yet. This is the problem with this website and the rumour mill because it messes with expectations of our support and generally encourages us to regurgitate total b.ollocks.

I do think you need players like Mackie and Hill who by Plymouth/Palace fans admissions are grafters and always give their all. Although they may not be the most technically gifted, Warnock thinks he can work with them at Rangers and they will improve the squad.

With the exception of Gorkks, Faurlin & Ramage how many players do we have who gave their all in every match they played last season. We are severely lacking in players with these attributes (we should have a whole squad of them) due to the incompetence of Gianni Paladini.

The reason why we are where we are as a club is because Paladini went out and assembled a total mismatch of individuals trying to play Football Manager. Leave these decisions to the expert Neil Warnock, and let him build a TEAM not just a list of names which look good on paper.
        I agree with pretty much all of that, yet you are the 1 who would love to see Tarrabt sign? Surely he doesn't fit into the mold that you have just discribed?
        Yes we need flair but don't you think Tarrabt has a negative effect on players around him?
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I agree with pretty much all of that, yet you are the 1 who would love to see Tarrabt sign? Surely he doesn't fit into the mold that you have just discribed?
          Yes we need flair but don't you think Tarrabt has a negative effect on players around him?
          I would love us to sign Taarabt, I would love us to sign Messi and Rooney as well, I can't really see your point.

Taarabt is the best player I have seen at QPR in 15 years thats why I want us to sign him. I can't see why you can't accommodate a player like Taarabt in a good CCC Team full of grafters and flair. After all NW seems to think so, are you saying he is wrong as well?

I also think despite his petulance Taarabt in the oppositions half the pitch is a massively committed player. I don't think I have seen Taarabt ever bottle challenges and he always tries to win the ball back when he loses it in the oppositions half. He just gets very frustrated and tries to do a little too much, but I'd still sign him over any player because he is that good.

At the end of the day you need to have the right balance in a squad. Taarabts team mates look to him for a moment of inspiration, that is a positive thing and were words I heard muttered by club captain Legiertwood himself at the Platinum Evening.

For me it seems you are trying to take the debate of at a tangent for the sake of it.
          Last edited by W12_Ranger; 19-05-2010, 10:57 AM.

Comment

In the words (well close to) of the immortal Olly

"You need a few blokes to shift the piano before the classy pianist can play"

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Charles View Post

Outstanding Quote

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                That's a ridiculous argument.

It's like saying you and me should be paid 1k a week for 10 years although we're clearly not good enough.

Long contracts should be for special players in the top flight with clubs who can sustain those contracts.

We are QPR. We were in admin twice because of long contracts. No one in the Championship is good enough to be on a 4 year deal. 3 year max.

It is irrelevant what money he is on. It's the fact we will now be stuck with him for 4 years.

1. If he gets us promoted, then he won't be good enough to stay with us in the Prem.

2. If he is not good enough for us next season then we are stuck with him for another 3 years after next.

We are in a no win situation.

I disagree.

Some players perform better under different managers. Who would have thought that Taarabt would have performed the way he did under Warnock ?

I and others noticed he played more as part of a team and looked to pass the ball more often, as at Preston, than he ever did under Magilton. look at Ambrose last season, compared to the one before at Charlton.

Who's to say how Mackie will perform under Warnock's management. If Warnock can get an Ambrose type improvement from Mackie, QPR can profit from having him on a 4 year deal.

I have previously said I know nothing about him, but others on here have said he is good.

Let's just say that Warnock gets the best out of him and he goes on to score 20 goals next season, if he had signed on a 2 year deal, QPR would have to offer him a new contract on improved terms or face the prospectof him leaving on a free at the end of his deal.

I know it is a gamble, but would rather trust Warnock's judgement than that of fans' on a message board.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Charles View Post

Comment

i think the deals questionable

but in warnock we trust!

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

I like this from Warnock, just reminds slightly a bit of when Ollie signed Moore from Villa.

"There's a lot more to come from him," he added. "He's not the finished article by any means but he has got pace, power and enthusiasm - and his work rate is second to none.

"He's got a lot going for him if we can channel it in the right direction."

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        Well for starters I don't think we will get promoted next season I think there is too much work to be done.
                        i havent thought it in ages, and knew being last years favourites was the biggest joke in long, but this season coming i truly believe we will do it.
                        i reckon warnock will have everyone working so hard for the whole 90 minutes of every game, and im sure there will be plenty of 1-0's and a few 0-0's as well, but i reckon we will go up, hopefully as second, but if not via the play offs in a boring tight final that we fight to the death for.

Comment

we want proven scorer..we get mackie, with a pee poor record at a relegated club.
                          and he's not exactly cheap on a 4 yr deal
                          if so good why is he released/sold and not offered a contract elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                            we want proven scorer..we get mackie, with a pee poor record at a relegated club.
                            and he's not exactly cheap on a 4 yr deal
                            if so good why is he released/sold and not offered a contract elsewhere?
                            Wait and see before we start knocking the fella.....

Comment

Working...
                            X