Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If adel signs..(i stress if)

if he was to sign for us.

does anybody else feel our potential transfer targets would slightly change?

i say this because.. if he signs i see him being centre piece for warnocks new look QPR.

however what im reading atm theres alot of talk of playing two up top (big battering ram + speedy finisher) or possibly playing 4-3-3

now for me NEITHER formation suits adel.

best example of how adel likes to play was at palace away. behind the front man with free ability to roam.

surely we cant play him out wide or with a big centre forward like hulse/henderson/hooper?

playing simpson with adel keeps the centerbacks off of adel as they will tend to sit deeper in fear of simpsons pace. well thats gone if adel plays up top with a battering ram style forward!

signing adel seems quite pivotal for me.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

I see what you are saying, and you could be right. But then again, we do need a plan B and C to get out of this league. A lot of managers would man mark Adel so would need to change it up. Also, a 442 would be more attacing than the 4411

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
      if he was to sign for us.

does anybody else feel our potential transfer targets would slightly change?

i say this because.. if he signs i see him being centre piece for warnocks new look QPR.

however what im reading atm theres alot of talk of playing two up top (big battering ram + speedy finisher) or possibly playing 4-3-3

now for me NEITHER formation suits adel.

best example of how adel likes to play was at palace away. behind the front man with free ability to roam.

surely we cant play him out wide or with a big centre forward like hulse/henderson/hooper?

playing simpson with adel keeps the centerbacks off of adel as they will tend to sit deeper in fear of simpsons pace. well thats gone if adel plays up top with a battering ram style forward!

signing adel seems quite pivotal for me.
      Not really bothered if we sign Adel or not.

For me he's too unpredictable (genius or stroppy kid !)

Would rather consistent, proven , know what you're getting for your money type of players

To get out of this league you need a plan A and a plan B during games and you need grafters for the cold tuesday nights up at Burnley etc

Comment

I seriously doubt very much that he will be signing for us!
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

i like adel and can see the quality he provides.

but i feel for QPR at this moment in time he is not what we want. we need as you say plan A and plan B.

without adel we may see buzsaky re-find his blistering form.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
            i like adel and can see the quality he provides.

but i feel for QPR at this moment in time he is not what we want. we need as you say plan A and plan B.

without adel we may see buzsaky re-find his blistering form.
            Like you adel has great skill and ability but I do think he is a thorn in the side, as although he needs to play with that swagger I think he has had a negative effect on other quality players like Buzz etc. I think Warnock needs to mold a side that has quality and a good work ethic to get out of this division, similar to how newcastle and West brom did it and that didn't include a stroppy talented player that would at time throw his toys out of the pram. I hope the money we save by NOT signing adel is used to bring in 3 quality strikers who can finish because for a 2nd striker adel doesn't get enough goals to be classed as great.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The way to get out of this division is by having quality forwards as Reading showed a couple of years back and Wolves and Newcastle have shown. If not getting Adel means we bring in better forwards then that is a sacrifice worth taking, especially when we have Buzz.
              RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                The way to get out of this division is by having quality forwards as Reading showed a couple of years back and Wolves and Newcastle have shown. If not getting Adel means we bring in better forwards then that is a sacrifice worth taking, especially when we have Buzz.
                Very sensible post, u sure we are not related?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  agree with what most are saying whilst adel does hold natural ability in abundance he can have a negative effect on the team and other players.i really think we will see a much better team next season rather than expecting one player to pull it out of the bag for us every week.players like buzz will now shine through once again IMO
                  "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

how was the 5 side mate?
                    "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

It went well and I scored a few goals.

We won by 4 but to be fair my mates aren't great footballers although u can't knock there enthusiasm.

I play a midfield role as at this level my passing and 1st touch is fair superior to theres, although I am a centre back when playing 11 aside. I was never a hoofer and prefered the style of rio ferdinand as I did have pace too. I am 6ft 3 but probably should of been even better in the air. I won most headers but I didn't score enough goals from set pieces.

Comment

It went well and I scored a few goals.

We won by 4 but to be fair my mates aren't great footballers although u can't knock there enthusiasm.

I play a midfield role as at this level my passing and 1st touch is fair superior to theres.

Modestly is a very attractive quality. Obviously not one of your attributes!

In Warnock we (must) Trust
                        oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Oldhoop I take it I have upset you in a past life?

The fact of the matter is there is nothing wrong with being confident in your own ability.

Maybe you should try it oldhoop as it has done me no harm in life.

I still have good friends so I wouldn't say I am arrogant, there is a fine line between the 2 but I keep away from the latter.

Comment

Oldhoop I take it I have upset you in a past life?

The fact of the matter is there is nothing wrong with being confident in your own ability.

Maybe you should try it oldhoop as it has done me no harm in life.

I still have good friends so I wouldn't say I am arrogant, there is a fine line between the 2 but I keep away from the latter.
                            Not upset me mate! Don't know you! BTW there aren't many more confident than me and no-one said you were arrogant!!! Even so I think I've touched a little nerve as you protesth a bit too much ...........pleased you've got some friends though, that's nice!!!!

Just remember - no matter how good you think you are there is always someone better, faster, fitter, stronger. Furthermore sincere humility is the true measure of a great man not confidence!!!!
                            oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

dont trash a thread.. use PM's for that ****.. keep it to topic.. ffs thought this place had 'good moderation'

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X