Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
    Christ alive - who gives a ****?

what team do you guys support? Is is acceptable to chear on another team if they are lower down the league than us? NO.
    is that spelling acceptable

Comment

6-0!!! Well done Daggers!!

Comment

what team do you guys support? Is is acceptable to chear on another team if they are lower down the league than us? NO.
        So you don't have a non-league team, or a local team you have a soft spot for. I used to go to Dagenham when they were in the Isthmian League, and still go over to Hornchurch often, as my mate used to be chairman over there, and I can walk ther and have a beer with my mates, while watching the game.
        Just because Dagenham have done well in recent years doesn't mean to say I'm not going to stop looking for their results, or wanting them to do well.
        Obviously if they played Rangers, I would be rooting for MY team. But that doesn't mean I can't have a soft spot for other local, smaller teams.

Comment

You are right. I will personally ban everyone guilty of this.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

My best mate is a 'wall fan, so I'll be there if they make it. Should be interesting if they get Charlton.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
              You are right. I will personally ban everyone guilty of this.
              I presume you follow a non-league Estonian team then?

Comment

Originally posted by coneysboots View Post
                I presume you follow a non-league Estonian team then?
                Yeah, some hobos sometimes play ball in the back yard of my block of flats and I watch from the kitchen window.
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

no, I don't. So if I said I had a soft spot for Chelsea - would that be fine?

I really don't get it guys.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

no, I don't. So if I said I had a soft spot for Chelsea - would that be fine?

I really don't get it guys.
                    Why would you have to cheer them on?

I went to a 'wall game 2 years back with my best mate because Rangers didn't have a game that weekend. I didn't know what to do with myself, so my mate asked if I wanted to go along. They were 2-0 up within 20 minutes. I had a laugh and didn't waste my day. Hardly criminal.

I went to watch Wet Spam at home to Arsenal the day after we smacked Derby 4-2 away last year. Not only did I see my team come from 2 behind, but I got the see the hammers do it as well...not a bad weekend in all.
                    Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 17-05-2010, 09:57 AM.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

If you had a soft spot for Chelsea, that would be up to you. I might think it a little odd, as they are our rivals, and we have played them regularly over the years, but that's down to you. As Rangers isn't my local team, or is it for a few others on this thread, I have followed the local non-league teams. If I haven't got to Rangers, I would go over to watch a local team, as I enjoy watching football. The chances of Hornchurch, or Dagenham, playing Rangers in a competitive game are slim.
                      I would have thought the majority of people on this board would follow another team, be it non-league, scottish, or local, but if you don't so what.

Comment

Benny - I have been to other games to watch other teams because I like football. I was just getting the impression that people support more than one team, which I find a little strange - that's all.
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I follow man utd because you don't get cu nts like John Terry singing Champions in an annoying voice and Lampard singing Drogba on there bus celebration tour, god I hate them with a passion.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

There is a difference between supporting, and having an interest. I have supported Rangers since 1972, and have followed them all over the country, and have been a season ticket holder for the last 5 years. I will follow the local teams as in, looking out for their results, or walking down the road to watch them. I sure that in most games that are non related QPR, people will have a preference for one team, or another, for whatever reason.
                            I would go to Wembley with Dagenham, if I wasn't away, as 1) I've never been there yet, and 2) it's a team I have had an interest in over the years.
                            From my point of view, being Rangers through and through, doesn't stop me having an interest in other teams.
                            Last edited by coneysboots; 17-05-2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coneysboots View Post
                              There is a difference between supporting, and having an interest. I have supported Rangers since 1972, and have followed them all over the county, and have been a season ticket holder for the last 5 years. I will follow the local teams as in, looking out for their results, or walking down the road to watch them. I sure that in most games that are non related QPR, people will have a preference for one team, or another, for whatever reason.
                              I would go to Wembely with Dagenham, if I wasn't way, as 1) I've never been there yet, and 2) it's a team I have had an interest in over the years.
                              From my point of view, being Rangers through and through, doesn't stop me having an interest in other teams.
                              well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                                Grays are going to Dorchester.LOL
                                Maybe not. I heard tonight that they've asked to go into the Ryman Premier, due to lack of money. The Ryman have published their constitution and Grays aren't in it. People are waiting for the Essex Senior league to publish their constitution to see who's in that.

Comment

Working...
                                X