Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maradonna omitts trio

taken from sky sports

Diego Maradona has surprisingly omitted Esteban Cambiasso, Javier Zanetti and Fernando Gago

i cannot believe he hasnt taken cambiasso and zanetti.. considering they are both in champions league final and are top of the italian league..

hope we get argentina in knockouts
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

suprised with cambiasso but zanetti is probably bcos of his age i would assume although he is proving he can still do a good job.
    "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Zanetti is 38 and they have a better right back. Gago is pony.

Cambiasso is the stunning one. I know he hasn't been in a few squads recently. Presume he's had a falling out with Maradona?

Comment

Apparantly their odds have been slashed in the last couple of days to 4th fave around 13/2 if I heard right!
        Doesn't really stack up against the surprise ommissions from their squad does it?
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          Apparantly their odds have been slashed in the last couple of days to 4th fave around 13/2 if I heard right!
          Doesn't really stack up against the surprise ommissions from their squad does it?
          i think its anyones world cup this year.althouh spain have the stand out squad i really think anyone can go on to win it this year.the argies have a very poor team IMO and messi is non exisitant for them when he plays.
          cambiasso is one of there key players really shocked by his ommision
          "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Originally posted by luke_qpr832 View Post
            i think its anyones world cup this year.althouh spain have the stand out squad i really think anyone can go on to win it this year.the argies have a very poor team IMO and messi is non exisitant for them when he plays.
            cambiasso is one of there key players really shocked by his ommision
            Agree with that, though Spain are fingers crossed on fitness of the likes of Torres and Fabregas and a couple of others..............if they don't make it their stand out squad isn't quite so strong but they certainly have statistics on their side with the amazing run they've been on.
            Won't be surprised if an African nation does something unexpected - but think it will be a European winner given the climate
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

How about Faurlin? lol
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Wasn't Cambiasso the scorer of that brilliant Argentine goal in the last World Cup? After about 23 passes or something? Best goal I've ever seen apart from Carlos Alberto 1970 World Cup Final.

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
                  Wasn't Cambiasso the scorer of that brilliant Argentine goal in the last World Cup? After about 23 passes or something? Best goal I've ever seen apart from Carlos Alberto 1970 World Cup Final.
                  he was also part of the reason barcelona arent in champions league final.. he had a awesome game 2nd leg
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Agree with that, though Spain are fingers crossed on fitness of the likes of Torres and Fabregas and a couple of others..............if they don't make it their stand out squad isn't quite so strong but they certainly have statistics on their side with the amazing run they've been on.
                    Won't be surprised if an African nation does something unexpected - but think it will be a European winner given the climate
                    Fabrigas cant get into the spain side anyway.
                    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                      Fabrigas cant get into the spain side anyway.
                      I still find it amazing - I would have a 100% fit Fabregas in there - and if he did sign for the Catalan machine I guess he would be? In any event, not a bad option from the bench eh?
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Iniesta & Xavi on a different planet to him. Then Alonso is also better. If he did sign for Barca doubt he will get into there team either.

Me personally I dont think Fabby is that good, looks good against poorer prem teams but I am trying to think when he had a good game against a top team?
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                          Iniesta & Xavi on a different planet to him. Then Alonso is also better. If he did sign for Barca doubt he will get into there team either.

Me personally I dont think Fabby is that good, looks good against poorer prem teams but I am trying to think when he had a good game against a top team?
                          I don't watch any where near enough of Arsenal or Barca to have your insight nor to cite his good bad and indifferent performances - just snippets on MOTD, Sky etc......guess it's a bit like seeing a clip of the Pelican on UTube and thinking he's quality
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Gino Padula get in the squad mate?

Comment

I don't watch any where near enough of Arsenal or Barca to have your insight nor to cite his good bad and indifferent performances - just snippets on MOTD, Sky etc......guess it's a bit like seeing a clip of the Pelican on UTube and thinking he's quality
                              pelican
                              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
                              X