No announcement yet.

30 Man England Squad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thas list of players doesn't inspire confidence. England do have a chance albeit a slim one. Only saving grace - Rooney and Capello. Lose Rooney thru injury then you got no chance.

Comment

so havin one of the best left backs in the world,when on form the best centre back partnership in the world,gerrard and lampard both world class and lennons form all season long doesnt inspire confidence.im not saying were gonna win it but we have a good squad and a good chance.
      "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Originally posted by luke_qpr832 View Post
        so havin one of the best left backs in the world,when on form the best centre back partnership in the world,gerrard and lampard both world class and lennons form all season long doesnt inspire confidence.im not saying were gonna win it but we have a good squad and a good chance.
        Agree but Rooney is the key.

If he gets injured the replacement strikers are a worry. We do have a great defence and midfield though and if we keep players fit we can turn around anyone on our day.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Agree but Rooney is the key.

If he gets injured the replacement strikers are a worry. We do have a great defence and midfield though and if we keep players fit we can turn around anyone on our day.
          100% agree rooney is the key.but we are far from a one man team.

Comment

Have you seen Spain's squad? Scarily good!

Comment

Originally posted by Nik29 View Post
              Have you seen Spain's squad? Scarily good!
              yeh there midfield and forwards are.but there defence isnt that good and on our day we can beat them and anyone else.

Comment

depends what formation we play.

i honestly believe we can play a formation of 4-4-1-1 where lampard, gerrard and rooney are all accomodated like for their club.

james

johnson terry ferdinand cole

lennon parker(coz barry aint gonna make it) lampard j. cole

gerrard

rooney

tell lennon and j.cole to push forward at every opportunity to link up with rooney and gerrard is given free reign.

its 4-5-1 and a 4-3-3 at the same time. parker can just sit infront of back four and let lampard go box to box.
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

yeh there midfield and forwards are.but there defence isnt that good and on our day we can beat them and anyone else.
                  Mate you will struggle to see a better defensive line than this..

Defenders: Raul Albiol, Sergio Ramos, Alvaro Arbeloa (all Real Madrid), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol (both Barcelona), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Cesar Azpilicueta (Osasuna).

I'm not writing anyone off or saying they are gonna win it or anything.. but man for man.. Spain have the best squad by a very long way.

Comment

Defenders: Raul Albiol, Sergio Ramos, Alvaro Arbeloa (all Real Madrid), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol (both Barcelona), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Cesar Azpilicueta (Osasuna).

I'm not writing anyone off or saying they are gonna win it or anything.. but man for man.. Spain have the best squad by a very long way.
                    Agree but in the knock out stages anything can happen. The best teams don't always win as shown in the Confederations Cup last year.

Comment

oh i agree with ya that i think they have the best squad.but my opinion there defence is very suspect.albiol,ramos and arbeola are part of a shocking real mardrid defence.pique i agree is very good and man utd shouldnt have got rid of him.puyol for me isnt that good and many forward will have a field day against him.

Comment

I have confidence in Capello, although I have some doubts about Heskey. Capello has always believed in him and would be a surprise if he had not called. I am disappointed for Zamora but pleased for bent and Parker.
                        On defense there is much choice for the left-back (Cole, Baines, Warnock), but little choice for the right-back. (Glen Johnson and Carragher may be)

Comment

Capello's team with Barry missing King would sit in front of back four, like he has done in the past for England (and was very good)

James
                          Johnson Ferdinand Terry Cole
                          Lennon King Lampard Gerrard
                          Rooney Hesky

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                            how the hell does Heskey get in the squad ahead of Zamora??
                            I thought Capello said that Zamora has an achilles problem which he may need an operation for, otherwise he would have picked him.

Comment

Working...
                            X