Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who on here thinks we will sell out every home game if we go up ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy!! Without question, infact i think from the word go if we did go up plans would start to circulate about new stadiums/building on loftus.
    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

First season yes after that no. Your Wigans, Blackburns, Stokes of this world will see us pull 12/13k on a cold wet night game.

We'd struggle to fill 20k for 50% of PL games and reach 25k barely for Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea.

We are not as big as some think we are.

Comment

50 k fan base thats with people whove never been ,dont go now and occasionally included imo.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
          Times have changed since then.

Premier League Football is a much bigger animal than it was 15 years ago, and attracts crowds far more.

Plus, I think we have a bigger fan base now, than we had 15/20 years ago.
          Just waiting for a team worthy of their presence. That's just the way many people are. No problem with that.

It's a generation thing.
          Many of those 70's and 80's QPR fans have had kids now, but the support we had 20/25 years ago had its roots in the 60's and early 70's.

Problem is, we'll pay for how sh*t we've been lately in about 10/15 years time, when the kids who've chosen Chelsea and Arsenal etc, aren't growing up in the way the kids of the 70's 80's have... as QPR fans.

It's ironic that we have more potential "sleeping fans" now, than when we were actually good.
          Good post Goddard!!!
          I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
            Problem is, we'll pay for how sh*t we've been lately in about 10/15 years time, when the kids who've chosen Chelsea and Arsenal etc, aren't growing up in the way the kids of the 70's 80's have... as QPR fans.
            That is why QPR should fill the lower School End with 14-21 year old's for £10 plus a burger (They will buy the chips and drink). If would be full every week compared to it being empty or filled with kids paying pennies. Also, why let teams bring 3,300 fans to W12 as it does not help with the make Loftus Road a fortress etc, etc.

Comment

Very good idea Mr Mason - You'd fill it and would help to create a good atmosphere.

Comment

In Our Present Ground, Its a definate we will sell out in the Prem.

Comment

100% gaurunteed we would not sell out all tickets for every game in the Prem. Won't happen.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

...we even gave tickets away for a game for free this year for a weekend game and there was 12k there IIRC..... Some of the teams in the prem are no more of an attraction that in the CCC.
                    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                      ...we even gave tickets away for a game for free this year for a weekend game and there was 12k there IIRC..... Some of the teams in the prem are no more of an attraction that in the CCC.
                      Totally agree as I said first season I think we'd sell out 90% of games

Then in the second season if we stayed up from this seasons teams.....wolves, brum, stoke, wigan, blackburn, burnley, hull all would struggle to sell out.

Average PL crowd would be around 16k IMO.

Comment

in

i think it will sell out every week because we have such a small ground,but if our ground held 35 thousand, then no it would have many games when we only had 20 thousand
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

It will sell out every week without question. In many respects our support will be paving the way for huppy kind of supporter who just want to see premiership football.

Ask any working class Chelsea fan they cannot afford to go and many Fulham fans you speak to say the very people who wanted Fulham not extended by the Stevenage Road group of residents are the very people now sitting and make Craven Cottage full.

All about success, we crave it but in the long run we might be outpriced in seeing the club we love.

If anyone thinks we would not sell out 18,000 for evry home game in the premiership they need their head examined
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

if prices went up people might not be able to afford to go.
                            no way am i paying £40.00 -£50.00 to see any one play football,
                            QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              It will sell out every week without question. In many respects our support will be paving the way for huppy kind of supporter who just want to see premiership football.

Ask any working class Chelsea fan they cannot afford to go and many Fulham fans you speak to say the very people who wanted Fulham not extended by the Stevenage Road group of residents are the very people now sitting and make Craven Cottage full.

All about success, we crave it but in the long run we might be outpriced in seeing the club we love.

If anyone thinks we would not sell out 18,000 for evry home game in the premiership they need their head examined
                              if that was correct then why are so many premier league games played out in front of stadiums with thousands of empty seats?

That is in stadiums that are cheaper than LR, yes they might hold more, but they are often in cities with not many other teams to compete with....the fact we are in London also does not mean we will sell out. You may thik that QPR are a bigger club than Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan etc - but we have had a lack of success which means less kids have chosen us over the last 15 years.

I certainly do not need my head examined - thanks. You really think Tuesday night against Wigan is a bigger game than some of the games we play in the CC and don' sell out? We didn' sell out a game last year against some bigger clubs than Wigan. And don't tell me Leicester or Newcastle were sell outs - they were not.

My view is nothing negative at all. I just think that some games won't sell out and I am not that bothered as long as most are.
                              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

No, noway , can you imagine a tuesday or wednesday night game at home to Wigan or Bolton and then you have the live games on sky where people stay away to watch at home, they would sell out a fare percentage of games but definitely not all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X