X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notts boss Steve Cotterill denies Coventry contact

Notts boss Steve Cotterill denies Coventry contact :drunk:

Cotterill won the manager of the month awards for March and April
    Notts County manager Steve Cotterill has denied being contacted by Coventry City about the vacant manager's position at the Ricoh Arena.

Bookmakers have made Cotterill one of the favourites for the Coventry job, alongside Tony Mowbray, Gary McAllister and David O'Leary.

But he told BBC Radio Nottingham: "It is flattering but I'm level headed. I don't get carried away with anything.

"I absolutely don't know any more than I have read."

Cotterill steered Notts County to the League Two title this season, after taking over at Meadow Lane in February following two years out of management, but his contract expires at the end of May.

How many times does a favourite not get a job?

Steve Cotterill
    The 45-year-old believes his current success at Meadow Lane is not the only reason he is being linked with other jobs.

He said: "I haven't done a bad job at my other jobs either so it's not perhaps just what's happened at Notts County, it might have been what I did at Burnley with absolutely nothing."

However, the Magpies manager remains cautious. He said: "How many times does a favourite not win a horse race? How many times does a favourite not get a job?

"The time comes if anybody opens any dialogue but I haven't taken too much notice. I've just carried on enjoying my time here."

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

He was one of the favourites for the QPR job, before Magilton got it.
    Looking back, he probably would have been a better bet.

Having said that... the way the club was structured and being run back then by Il Orangina and his crew - even Alex Ferguson would have struggled to last 5 minutes at QPR.

Done well at Notts County, they were about 20 points off the top when he rolled up there.
    I've heard Coventry are another club that are in a spot of bother. £££
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
      He was one of the favourites for the QPR job, before Magilton got it.
      Looking back, he probably would have been a better bet.

Having said that... the way the club was structured and being run back then by Il Orangina and his crew - even Alex Ferguson would have struggled to last 5 minutes at QPR.

Done well at Notts County, they were about 20 points off the top when he rolled up there.
      I've heard Coventry are another club that are in a spot of bother. £££
      who isnt these days goddard.we should count oursleves really lucky we got guys with alot of money in charge of us.quite a few clubs are gonna really struggle financially now.god only knows how cardiff keep gettin a reprieve on there tax bill.
      "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

no

no smoke with out fire

Comment

Working...
        X