Hill has signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    bloody hope not swanley as Hill is a shocking left back surely Neil see's him as a centre back
    Sort of worrying me -- surely we have better options...
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

just asked a palace fan his opinion about Hill. Didnt say too much, apart from " hes sh**e". I trust Warnock though, i think he knows what hes doing and im sure better players will be brought in - and he will be a decent squad signing

Comment

Views on Hill

Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
          I have seen Hill a few times this season and he does strike me as a Delaney type player. Very one dimentional and loves a diagonal ball. He very rarely gets forward. He is solid and will instill some leadership qualities into our team. Will be useful at our away games where tend to melt when the going gets tough.

Not the greatest, but is versatile and will be a good squad player. He will tell his team mates if they are playing sh1t.

A Warnock type player who knows this league and shoul help in our quest to get promoted.

This was a good and sensible post really. The low amount of goals Palace let in this year and the fact that Hill to some extent was a part of thst defence does say something.
          This was a good start as far as im concerned. We havent quite reached the stage were Messi fits in. But next year, thats another story.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

I know you have put this up for a positive spin however comments like gutted he has gone just the sort of player you need while in a relegation battle and my QPR mate said to me he hopes he isn't really slow? and I just smiled and I expected QPR to be going for better doesn't inspire me for a team trying to break into the top 6 not fight relegation.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Perhaps he is being signed to play as a centre half rather than a left back. He may be slow, but he does frequently win headers.

I am still hopeful that Warnock will sign Tosic for the left back position.

Comment

If Hall goes and Hill has signed that is an improvement in the squad. 5 or 6 more replacements like this and we will be a better side. Maybe not champions but definitely stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                  I'm not going to start suggesting that he is Puyol or anything but he was part of a Palace defence that conceded just 53 goals this season which is fewer than Reading, Cardiff, Blackpool, Sheff Utd in fact only 6 teams conceded fewer goals than Palace.
                  Clint Hill sounds like a Gavin Mahon sort of player to me. Our fans think we are better than him but the reality is we have been screaming out for a player like him since he got injured and IMO was probably the turning point in our season.

Comment

Might be the leader on the field we crave.
                    They seek him here.................

Comment

I guess he didn't cost us anything, otherwise I would of suggested wheeling steve Palmer out onto the pitch as he also is a very good leader.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post

Clearly rated by their fans!
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          Clint Hill sounds like a Gavin Mahon sort of player to me. Our fans think we are better than him but the reality is we have been screaming out for a player like him since he got injured and IMO was probably the turning point in our season.
                          As Goddard has repeatedly said Hill is the type of player that will stick a player in Row Z and won't even apologise - exactly what we've been lacking.

Mahon was a huge loss - he allowed the likes of Taraabt, Buzsaky, Routledge etc to play their natural game.

Comment

cant see how hill will put any player into touch as he has got to get near them first & with his lack of any kind of speed thats gonna be impossible. expect more dross to come in & the usual excuses wheeled out that we bid for so & so but just missed out on any kind of quality player.

Comment

Gorkss and Ramage will be 1st choice centre backs next season anyway.
                              Gorkss - yes, but surely not Peter get the ball in space and under no pressure slice it into the stands Ramage!!!
                              http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

good

good signing

Comment

Working...
                                X