john stead is on the radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
    Not John Stead!! Might as well stick with Helguson.

I think you're right.Stead OK in his early years (2002-04) when he got 22 in 68 for Huddersfield,but hardly prolific since with only 41 in 204 (1 every 5 games).Think we should show more ambition than that.

Comment

I think for once we should back our manager's judgement. FFS lets not right off every potential signing just because he hasnt played champions league football.
      We've got our wish, Briatore's gone, Paladini's no longer hiring and firing, the board are backing the manager.......................what more do we want?

Comment

can win a ****ing header which none of our lot can do. very happy with him along with some others.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
          I think you're right.Stead OK in his early years (2002-04) when he got 22 in 68 for Huddersfield,but hardly prolific since with only 41 in 204 (1 every 5 games).Think we should show more ambition than that.
          I would imagine that getting a quality striker, in any league is top priority.That means an awful lot of teams chasing very few quality strikers in the English league at moment.In fact , in Europe , getting a useful striker is going to cost money.Sometimes you have to take a chance on a lower league player, or someone like Hulse or Stead or Blackstock etc....and hope they blend into your system and with another striker, score goals between them.

All depends if you want to put all your money into one pot - get a striker of some quality - who gets injured and you have no money left for other players.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
            Every club needs a player like Stead. Him, Hulse, Adebola, Lee etc., who can batter the deffenders and allow his strike partner to look good. Players like that go unappreciated as they don't have the flair, but they are just as important as the 20 goal-a-season type. Without a big lad, they'll struggle to hit those numbers. Stead is hardly useless with the ball either. He's good at holding it up with his back to goal to get the midfield involved.

I'd be pleased with him.
            Yep.
            Saved me writing it.

Decent player. A lot depends who he's up front with.

Stead and Simpson??

Last edited by Goddard; 05-05-2010, 06:32 PM.
            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
              Yep.
              Saved me writing it.

Depends who he's up front with.

Stead and Simpson??

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                Elm is an old rumour Pete, where did you hear this?
                David Elm is Swedish... QPR was linked with him a few months ago, instead he got his chance in PL and apparently took it. I do know a few agents here in Sweden so I'll see what info I can hold of.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                  I think for once we should back our manager's judgement. FFS lets not right off every potential signing just because he hasnt played champions league football.
                  We've got our wish, Briatore's gone, Paladini's no longer hiring and firing, the board are backing the manager.......................what more do we want?

Spot on.

People all of a sudden think we are Liverpool ALREADY. Thing is we do have to things step by step.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                    David Elm is Swedish... QPR was linked with him a few months ago, instead he got his chance in PL and apparently took it. I do know a few agents here in Sweden so I'll see what info I can hold of.

A few weeks ago I read somewhere that he would stay with Fulham to "fight for his place" As the article "stated".
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post

QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post

Spot on.

People all of a sudden think we are Liverpool ALREADY. Thing is we do have to things step by step.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Stead on his own? Maybe not. Stead with 2 or 3 others? then yep, I'd take him.

Think some on here are forgetting that Warnock has a tendency to "rack and stack" strikers so think they are getting flustered about nothing. If Stead is the first then others - and those with different abilities like speed etc, - WILL follow. Happy Days IMO.

Comment

come on people, warnock isint stupid, he knows what the fans expect and would risk a slating from us by signing some1 who isint up to scratch.

Im not sure who some people on here think we are.... at the moment we are a midtable club so are going to have to lower our standards alittle till we show we are a force...

How much is stead going for???

Comment

ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

stead would be a improvement on what we have, and thats what the new owners have said they will do....improve the squad

Comment

Working...
                                X