X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Swansea board state standards have slipped under Sousa

says it all
    They finished 1 goal short of the play-offs, so I don't think we have much to laugh about after another season of mediocrity and disappointment. Holloway and Sousa were both victims of Paladini, and look at what they have achieved this season with a tiny fraction of our resources. They are both good managers when they are left to manage.

Laugh away, but a glance at the table will show you're in danger of embarrassing yourself.

Comment

How can the standards have slipped if they finished higher this season than last? Makes no sense to me.

David

Comment

I don't want him back, just look at how negative his play with Swansea has been this season, very low scorers.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
          I don't want him back, just look at how negative his play with Swansea has been this season, very low scorers.
          Doh. Don't think anyone actually wants him back. The guy does know how to organise a defence though....

Do you think that we were right to get rid of him in the way we did? Would it not have been better to have said that he was sacked for the results, rather than the crap that the club came out with????
          A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Really not sure how standards have slipped...

However this sounds familiar

We might have finished in seventh place but at what cost

The lowest number of goals scored at home in the Club's history this season?????

Some of the most boring games I have seen in 55 years of watching the Swans and we have had a few of them during that time

Comment

Players I spoke to on sunday had a lot of time for Sousa, one player even told Flavio that he was making a massive mistake getting rid of Sousa. The players described him as a complete football man who they respected and who they felt will become a fantastic manager in the future.
              However It is very much in our past and really doesn't matter anymore.

Comment

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins expects Paulo Sousa to stay on as manager following the club's failure to make the play-offs.

Sunday's draw with Doncaster saw the Welsh side miss out on the Championship's top six, prompting an end-of-season meeting between Sousa and the club's owners.

Former QPR boss Sousa was believed to be seeking assurances that he will be given money to spend this summer, but Jenkins insists the club will be prudent in the transfer market.

He told Wales Online: "We have got the club where it is today by running it our way. We will continue to do that and I think the majority of our fans support that decision.

"I can assure everyone that we won't be following the dangerous paths other clubs have gone down."

Jenkins added: "We each want things to be different, but the fact of the matter is that we have got what we have got and everyone knows that.

"Every manager wants more and more. That's natural, it comes with ambition and it's what you get when you are competing to get in the Premiership.

"I think Paulo is fully committed to the way we run the club, though. He knew that would be the case when he joined us and I have confidence he is committed to remaining on that basis."

Comment

"the dangerous paths other clubs hve gone down" - can't imagine who he is referring to...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    "the dangerous paths other clubs hve gone down" - can't imagine who he is referring to...
                    Portsmouth, Crystal Palace, Hull, Cardiff?

Comment

If Sousa leaves Swansea for another team in the CCC with resources then I think we should all be very concerned as it will probably mean one less Play Off possibly Promotion place up for grabs.

Comment

Well w12 he will need to get his team to score more goals than 40 from 46 games.

We even scored 58 goals and that with just a decent midfield.

His defensive tactics will have to change as newcastle didn't go up drawing 0-0 wk in wk out.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Well w12 he will need to get his team to score more goals than 40 from 46 games.

We even scored 58 goals and that with just a decent midfield.

His defensive tactics will have to change as newcastle didn't go up drawing 0-0 wk in wk out.
                          But anyone who knows anything about football knows that you build from the back.....

Managed to finish higher than Martinez managed last season at Swansea with a poorer squad. What was it highest finish since 1985?

Can't argue with facts.

Still can't see how standards have dropped? Perhaps Pete can tell us since he seems to be obsessed with Sousa........
                          A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Working...
                          X