Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SM's Reports From Newcastle Game, And PoTY Awards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SM's Reports From Newcastle Game, And PoTY Awards...

copied from dot.org:

I just wanted to say before I write about yesterday’s match with Newcastle and the POTY evening, that my memory from various things during the day is a little sketchy. So apologies if this report reads across as being a little… well chucked together.

It was a fairly early start for us yesterday, and after catching the 7:30 ferry across in the morning we started on our journey up to Loftus Road. Looking back of the season that we have enjoyed/endured left no end of talking points on the way, it’s quite remarkable the events that have taken place this season – even by QPR standards!

The closer that we got to London the heavier the ran seemed to fall, and for the remainder of the journey most of us were scrambling round trying to contact anybody that was in or around London to see what the weather was like at Loftus Road. It wasn’t looking good, and with the rain absolutely hammering down I couldn’t help but feel that maybe, just maybe the game could be called off yet again. Our mood wasn’t helped when soon after we were stuck along a grid-lock of traffic on the motorway, where we didn’t move for around half an hour.

QPR vs NEWCASTLE

We eventually made it to the ground around 11:30, and soon after made our way into our seats for the final time this season.

I was quite interested to see what team Warnock would go with, and there weren’t really any huge surprises. Cerny continued in goal. Tosic, Gorkss (who had shorter hair, could barely recognize him!), Ramage and Leigertwood made up the back four. While there was a recall for Lee Cook on the left hand side of midfield, as Buzsaky was coupled with Faurlin in the middle and Hogan wide right. Upfront we had Priskin and Simpson.

With the squads being read out prior to kick off, I was keen to capture the response to Wayne Routledge. It was probably about 50/50. Some chose to clap, and some to boo.

Before the game kicked off there was a minute’s applause in respect of Tony Ingham which was marked impeccably. Soon after a loud roar of “You R’s!” followed and the game kicked off.

There was nothing really of note in the first few minutes. After picking up the ball on the right hand side for the first time, Routledge was given a fair bit of stick by the home supporters located in Ellerslie Road. Tosic also helped to make his return that little bit harder with a crunching tackle down on the touchline, which he received a huge round of applause for.

By way of chances, there wasn’t an awful lot happening. Leigertwood had possession on the right hand side, and slid a perfectly weighted pass through to Priskin who span his marker and advanced through on goal. With Simpson marked just central to him, he decided to have a go at goal but saw his effort from around 30 yards fly well wide of the post.

Newcastle created their first opportunity of the game shortly after, and no surprises for guessing that it was Wayne Rouledge who had their first effort on goal. After picking up possession around the half way line, he darted towards goal without any pressure on him at all. With him no rapidly approaching the defence he let fly with a shot around 25 yards out which was comfortably held by Cerny. It was a pretty tame effort in fairness.

The game was a pretty scrappy affair, and with a number of players slipping on the wet surface you did struggle to see where a goal would come from. Ameobi had their next opportunity, and after being played through on the edge of the box he saw a wild shot harmlessly fly wide of the goal. “Sold in the summer! You’re getting sold in the summer!” followed almost instantaneously, and was constantly repeated any time he got within a certain radius of the supporters located in our corner of the ground.

Newcastle were by no means outplaying us though, and we had a great opportunity to take the lead around 25 minutes into the game. After winning a corner, the ball was drifted in by Cook and headed clear by Collocini… falling to Buzsaky who was just a yard or so too far away from the ball and could only manage to spurn his effort over the crossbar. Like I said, he perhaps could have done better but he did appear to be stretching quite far just to get a foot on the ball.

Newcastle were straight back on the attack, and following a monstrous kick by the Newcastle keeper, the ball was flicked on by Best to Ameobi who was waiting on the edge of the box… With a clear pathway to strike at goal, yet again his effort was horrendous and the “chant” being sung his way gathered more and more momentum, with “You’re coming straight back down!” following shortly after.

Tosic was having a very impressive game, and while doing a marvellous job on Routledge, he really was looking fantastic coming forward as well. After playing the ball through to Cook, he continued his run and received the ball back to feet on the left hand side. After feinting to go out wide, he left the defender stumbling back and cut in on his right foot. He struck a pretty decent effort at goal, but the keeper was equal to it and the score remained 0-0.

Buzsaky had another effort on goal literally a couple of minutes later. After winning back possession with an expertly timed sliding tackle, Faurlin picked out Simpson who was located on the edge of the box… He in turn laid the ball off for Buzsaky who saw a thunderous drive skim just wide of the left hand post.

Much has been said of Alejandro Faurlin and the unquestionable talent that he possesses, but one of the passes that he managed to pick out was (for me) hands down the most impressive piece of vision that I think I have seen from him to date. After Buzsaky had neatly planted the ball at his feet, Faurlin somehow managed to bend the ball round the oncoming midfielder and right into the path of Simpson, who rushed his effort and saw the ball dribble into the hands of the keeper. Faurlin was stood central and not far inside the opposition half, but how on earth he managed to pick Simpson out from his position was just plainly outstanding.

No words will really do justice to quite how good that pass was, so I’ll leave it for the highlights… but I can’t recall so many fans getting so worked up over a pass that ultimately led to nothing significant.

There was a funny moment right on the brink of half time, and as the ball was hit out for a throw-in a whistle blew, with all the players heading down the tunnel and most fans heading from their seats. After chatting briefly, we noticed that the referee had grabbed the ball and given it to a Newcastle player to kick back to Cerny. Following the goal kick the referee THEN blew time on the first half and it was met with a ironic cheer by the QPR fan’s. I’m sure this kind of thing has been attempted before by a supporter, but likely they weren’t quite so successful. He/she fooled literally the whole ground, even the lino was heading for the tunnel!

In summary of the first half, for me the stand out player was Tosic. He had dominated Routledge for the whole game up until this stage, and no doubt Warnock would have been mightily impressed with him. As for the performance, I actually thought that we had played pretty well. We had played some good football in very difficult conditions, and certainly had at least a goal in us.

The second half had barely started when we found ourselves down to ten men. I have to say I didn’t see the build up (Wenger style), but I did see Ramage bring down Ameobi when clean through on goal - and in truth the referee had very little option but to show him the red card. As Ramage walked off with head in hands, he was given a great reception by all corners of the ground. He acknowledged all the fans and clapped both ourselves and the travelling Geordies. He was clearly devastated by the decision, but had no complaints towards the referee.

The resulting freekick was stuck straight into the wall, and gave us time to regroup. Leigertwood was moved into central defence, and Cook was sacrificed in place of Josh Parker who went in at right back.

Undeterred, we continued to look threatening, and we had a goal ruled out for offside with around 55 minutes on the clock. After being played through by Buzsaky, Simpson was left with just two defenders to beat who were now ferociously back peddling towards their own goal. Priskin made a sneaky run between the both of them and Simpson offered the ball on a plate to him… he managed to tuck the ball into the bottom left hand corner, but it was ruled offside. I have to say; to me it looked a perfectly good goal.

Ephraim was the next player to try his luck. After seeing Tosic again make a forward run, Hogan eventually received the ball back on the left hand side of goal. After faking to shoot, he brought the ball in central and lined up to shoot… Not for the first time his effort was scuffed and easily held by the United stopper.

Then came the turning point in the game. Lovenkrands had only just been introduced as a second half substitute, and after Barton played him through, he managed to dink the ball just over Cerny into the open net from a very tight angle. Rapturous celebrations followed by the Newcastle supporters who had literally filled the whole away end, and needless to say it was a real choker following another battling and gritty display.

We had a brilliant chance around the 85th minute mark. I believe it was Buzsaky that had the ball around the half way line, and he slid a superb through pass into Simpson’s path who was left with just the keeper to beat… Unfortunately he could only manage to strike it straight into his chest, with the defence anxiously scrambling to cover the empty goalmouth the ball came back to Ephraim who bizarrely decided to head the ball which the keeper collected with ease. The frustrating thing was that he had so much time, but in the heat of the moment he panicked and the chance was gone.

Soon after the referee blew full time on the game, and the score finished 1-0 to Newcastle. Looking back on the full 90 minutes, I actually thought we were very unlucky. The performance had plenty of grit and determination, but we just didn’t have that quality in the final third. Had our finishing been just a little bit better we would have came away with at least a point, if not three.

At the end of the day, it was all academic though and I don’t think many people were too downbeat following the performance. Considering we had 10 men, and were up against the runaway league leaders I thought we gave a great account of ourselves.

Player Ratings –

Cerny – Made a couple of decent stops, including one very good save from Ryan Taylor. Surprisingly he didn’t really have an awful lot to do. Had no chance with the goal in fairness to him. I do think that Warnock will have been pretty impressed with him since his arrival though, I think Cerny has been consistent and reliable. Not sure how long is left on his contract, but I hope he is here next season in some capacity.

Leigertwood – Had another very solid game at right back, and was rarely troubled by the opposition front line. Still unsure whether he should be played in central midfield on in the defence, but I thought he had another good game.

Gorkss – Ever reliable and dependable, a typical performance from him. One thing I possibly would pick up on him though, I don’t think he has been quite so dominant in the air recently and has seemed to struggle a little against ‘bigger’ strikers.

Ramage – I felt before this game that one of three things would happen with him. He was either going to score an own goal, get sent off or score for us. I was gutted to see him get the red card, it was clear that this was THE game he was looking forward to this season. On the positive, he has been excellent since moving into his preferred CB season and should be pushing for a start come next season.

Tosic – Hands down the best performance that I have seen by a QPR left back this season. Without a shadow of a doubt man of the match. He was ever so strong in the tackle, and Routledge didn’t like it one bit. I noticed on a number of occasions he was chipping away at Routledge... Pulling his shirt/holding him back/obstructing him, he really just didn’t allow him a chance to play and put him completely off his game. I think Wayne managed to beat him on one occasion, and apart from that he did absolutely nothing. Love the look of Tosic coming forward as well, he gives us something completely different and you just never know what he is going to do. Desperately hope that Warnock signs him, he has been terrific.

Ephraim – Yet another extremely disappointing performance from him. Take nothing away from his great attitude etc, but at the end of day he didn’t offer us anything at all. I like to see a winger be used as an outlet, and he certainly doesn’t provide us with that. He seems to always take the easy option and just pass either centrally or backwards. Would love to see him actually get at the fullback a little bit more, because when he wants to he can be a tricky little player. I reckon Warnock will definitely re-assess his opinion of Hogan though; it goes without saying that Warnock does rate him… but his form has on the whole been pretty poor.

Faurlin – Kept us ticking over nicely in midfield, and sprayed the ball around the pitch masterfully. The pass through to Simpson was just mouth-watering, and I cannot wait to see more of him next season. What a lucky club we are to have a gem like this at the heart of our midfield.

Buzsaky – I have been very critical of him this season, even questioning whether or not we will see the Buzsaky of two years ago in a QPR shirt again. I am more than happy to rescind on that comment though, as over the last few games there has been a marked improvement in his performances. He is now at least attempting those kind of goals that only he can score, and that only bodes well for next season.

Cook – Like Hogan, he had very little impact on the game. I was delighted to see him restored to his rightful left midfield position, but it was frustrating to see him get substituted after 50 minutes. Especially considering that he has had very little game time recently anyway.

Priskin – Had a couple of nice touches, but as has been the case since he has been here he just doesn’t inspire you with any confidence. I don’t think many QPR fans will be too upset to see the back of him, and I desperately hope that I don’t have to witness seeing him play for us again…

Simpson – Despite the couple of missed chances, I actually thought that was the best game that he has played for us in a long time. Held the ball up very well against a good Newcastle defence, and always looked quite threatening. Unsure whether Warnock will go for him or not, but he has been impressive this season IMO.

Substitutes –

Parker – Caught out badly with a back pass to Cerny which fortunately the latter was alert to, but despite that scare I thought he was solid. Would still prefer to see him played on the right hand side of midfield, as I feel attacking is his strength as opposed to defending. But he is doing a good job there, no doubt.

Rose – Haven’t seen him play for us since pre-season, but I thought he looked a handy option coming off the bench. His pace is blistering, and was always looking to get in behind the Newcastle backline. Probably not quite ready for the first team as yet, but definitely a player worth looking at getting involved a little more next season.

LAP OF HONOUR

While waiting in the ground for the players to do the lap of honour, we noticed that one fan had managed to work his way onto the pitch. After doing the customary run from the stewards (who were YET AGAIN caught badly off guard!) this guy legged it for the Lower Loft. Unbelievably he sprung himself head first over the advertising hoarding and into the seats… ouch! It bought quite a laugh from different sections of the ground though.

The Newcastle players rightly went to celebrate their season with their fans at this stage, and while heading back to the tunnel following those celebrations - they were applauded by all 3 of the home stands. It showed a lot of class I thought, and every single one of their players responded by clapping us back… all except Routledge that is who decided to confidently strut down the tunnel with no acknowledgement of the supporters clapping him, that soon changed and he was booed before disappearing off into the dressing room.

Soon after the QPR squad came out, and there was one notable surprise by way of Adel Taarabt. I was quite shocked to see him there considering that he wasn’t playing, and while he didn’t go overboard in showing his appreciation towards us (as if he would!), it was nice to see him there.

Warnock had the biggest grin written all over his face I think I have ever seen – nothing to do with Palace I’m sure! But he did stand to thank the fans for their support, and cupped his ear while we sang his name and continued to gee up the home fans.

Rowlands followed shortly after with whom I presume was his two little children in either arm, and also got a great reception.

*PLAYER OF THE YEAR EVENING*

I have to say this was the first player of the year evening that I had attended, so I wasn’t 100% sure on what to expect. Obviously I had heard about the disaster that was last seasons one, but I went there with a fairly open mind.

After getting into our room, we promptly showed and made our way down to the reception around 7pm. After going through the entrance we were offered drinks and stood and spoke with a few various QPR fans.

Shortly after we were called to our seats, and the speaker introduced himself (can’t remember his name!). Our 3 course meal consisted of a salad and bread for starter, a lamb/potato and vegetable dish for the main meal, and a lemon tart for desert. All three courses were lovely.

After our meals they had a prize auction, all of which were to raise funds for the “QPR in the community Trust.” There were a number of things people were bidding for including a signed Lee Cook shirt, a squad number, a day training with the players, a match ball and a signed Faurlin shirt… There were a couple of others but I can’t remember them all.

On the bidding for the squad number, there were 2 people that were clearly very determined to win that prize. The bidding started at £100, and while increasing the bid by £20 each time we eventually hit the £1000 mark. This continued until it got to £1600 and then they were offered the chance to both have a squad number to which they both agreed. Much to the amusement of the directors/management table… and much to my relief as the bidding had become slightly tiresome!

Martin Rowlands bid around £300 for Lee Cook’s shirt, and when asked if there were any further takers he tried to outbid himself, which got quite a laugh from most people there. I think it eventually was bought for about £500.

Following on from that, the awards were then handed out:

“QPR Community Award” – This was given to a young supporter called Omar. He said that he will never leave QPR as he ‘loves the club too much!’ and he received a good applause from people for his efforts.

“Supporter of the Season” - Ishan Saksena was then called to the platform to announce the winner. They explained that this supporter took a disabled friend of his to EVERY SINGLE QPR home & away game, and there wasn’t many people left sat in their seats as both he and his friend stepped up to collect the award. Needless to say, the both of them received a terrific applause from everybody.

“Goal of the Season” – We were then asked to look at the screen behind the platform, and they ran through a list of the nominations. Unsurprisingly, Adel Taarabt came out the winner for his effort against Preston earlier in the season. He got a great applause when he stepped up to collect his award, and genuinely looked quite touched to receive the award. With the microphone in his hand he said “Thank you very much” and proceeded to look left and right with a big smile on his face. Most people laughed with a “Is that it?!” kind of attitude, and he smiled and said “Sorry my English is not very good.” Once it sunk in that he wasn’t being c*cky or trying to be funny, most people just stood to clap him as he walked off the platform.

“Young player of the Year” – Again we looked up at the screen, and it proceeded to run through a load of Taarabt clips. There was almost an admiring laughter following each trick… some of the skill displayed on screen was just awesome! When he went up to collect his award, he said he wanted to thank his team-mates and the supporters, and especially Gianni Paladini for bringing him to the club. He signed off by saying that his English wasn’t very good, which again raised a few more laughs and he was clapped off.

“Players player of the Year” – Warnock was then presented to the platform to announce the winner of this award. He took the mic and said “Well here is one award that Adel will NEVER win!” which was followed by yet more laughter by players and fans alike. I couldn’t see Adel’s reaction, but I assume he took it in good spirit. Warnock did say that if it was his choice Adel would have been given it though while smiling in his direction. He then said “Seriously though, this lad has been outstanding since the day I have been here… Alejandro Faurlin.” Alejandro stepped up to the platform and truly looked honoured to have won the award. He must have said “I am so shy” around 50 times, but he really did look so touched. He also said his English was no good, to which everybody again laughed. But he said he has enjoyed playing this season, and thanked the players and supporters for making him feel so welcome. On his way down to the table, such were his nerves that he actually sat at the wrong one!! Then while rushing to get back to his seat to save further embarrassment he accidentally pulled the top off the award, he was saying “Oh no no no” as he eventually shivered back into his seat, and proceeded to say to the players on his table again how shy he was. He really had such a humble and gentle presence about him, nothing like what I expected him to be like.

"Player of the Year Runner-Up" – This was awarded to Kaspars Gorkss, and like the previous two he started by saying his English was no good, then laughed with everyone else. He continued by saying how much he would like to thank the support he has received, and said how much the award meant to him.

"Player of the Year" – Then the player of the year award itself. Amit Bhatia was called to the platform to announce the award. We looked on screen at the compilation of clips of Alejandro Faurlin again, and after shaking hands Amit passed him his second award of the night. Faurlin again looked almost in shock (I’m not sure if the players are aware of the winners?) but it looked to mean the world to him. He again thanked everyone for the support, and received the largest ovation of the whole evening. On his way back to his seat, he put the trophy on top of his other one and it fell over which all the players and people around him had a laugh at… Soon after Ramage came over and wrapped his arms round him and congratulated, as did pretty much every fan located near to him.

There were also a couple of speeches:

Neil Warnock – He started by thanking the board for trusting him to manage QPR. He said that he cannot wait for next season, and that the atmosphere against Newcastle earlier on had been electric (?). He said that he wanted the QPR fans to really get behind the players next season, and also said that he wanted people right on the backs of the officials as he couldn’t do it all himself! He didn’t finish without saying that he desperately hoped that Adel could be part of something big with us next season, and encouraged people to voice their agreement there and then to which everyone clapped and a small chant of “Sign him up” started in the corner.

Ishan Saksena – He said that Amit approached him a few weeks ago and discussed the possibility of becoming QPR chairman. He said he was promised that there would always be something happening, and that it certainly hadn’t disappointed! He again reiterated how happy he was to be part of the club, and also said that he wanted his friendship with Neil Warnock and his family to go way beyond the 3 year contract that he had been given. He said he cannot wait for next season to start, and hoped it would be a memorable one for QPR.

Amit Bhatia – I think he may possibly have had a couple too many wines by this stage, but despite his occasional slip in speech his message came across loud and clear. He said he viewed this season in 3 parts. Number one, we were living the dream. We were looking as if promotion really could happen, and the place had a special feel to it. Number two, a terrible few weeks. He didn’t dwell too much on that. Number three, the grit and passion showed by the players over the last few weeks under Neil Warnock. He said he wont come out and promise people promotion or the like, because it will come back to “bite him in the ass.” But he said he promises that Warnock will be given the 100% backing of the board, and that all being well we will be living that dream come next season.

From here on in, we were left to mingle with the players and owners etc. I’ll try and summarize the different conversations that I had with different players etc:

Akos Buzsaky – He took a knock earlier in the day so I asked how he was doing. He said it was just a dead leg and that he would be ok. Didn’t really look too interested in standing and chatting while I was there, so I let him shoot off. Believe he was the last player to leave the evening though, he was still there at 1:45am!

Mikele Leigertwood – I complimented him on some of the stunning goals he has scored this season. I asked him where he wanted to play next season, and he said that he would go wherever Warnock saw best. He is quite happy to slot in at RB. Was extremely friendly and polite towards all supporters. He walked past later in the evening and stopped to ask how my evening was going, and was really happy to stand and talk with people for as long as they wanted.

Matthew Connolly – Said how annoyed he has been this season with the injuries and fever. Can’t wait for next season though, and promised that he would be 100% fit for it. Re-iterated how exciting it is to be at QPR now.

Peter Ramage – I started by saying how much I really rated him playing at CB. He said he was really happy to be given a run in the side in this position, and that it was his natural place while at Newcastle. He said that getting sent off earlier in the day broke his heart. I said that I wished that we could have a team full of players with just half of the commitment that he showed this season, and he bashfully thanked me. He said that if during a game it looks as if he isn’t playing well, please to never think he isn’t trying his hardest, to which I responded that nobody would ever question his commitment. As I turned to walk away from Ramage, he actually pulled my arm back and thanked me for taking the time to go over and chat with him… he really is such a lovely guy!

Martin Rowlands – I asked him how his injury was doing, and he said that all being well he should be fit for the opening day next season. Stressed that he wouldn’t set any comeback dates though. He said that this POTY evening was exactly how things should have been done, and acknowledged that the one last year had been a disaster. He said that the player’s attitude towards the supporters was disgraceful, but that by the same count the treatment towards the players wasn’t much better at times either. He said the support at QPR is what makes this club, and he hopes that we can show that kind of backing under Warnock next season. He said that the infighting at QPR wasn’t good, but that under the Mittal’s it’s now a great place to be again. He is desperate for promotion next season.

Lee Cook – I spoke with Cook for around half an hour. I have to say that while chatting to him my respect for the guy absolutely soared. Speaking with him, you just get that little bit more with him being a QPR fan. He said about his injury and pointed to the tip of his finger and said he had a hole like that going right through his knee that he didn’t even know about. He said that having to build up his fitness while the others are playing football is the worst thing in the world. He spoke about when he came back to Loftus Road with Charlton last season, and said how touching that was for him… he said that he NEVER expected anything like that on a return to Loftus Road, even while speaking about it he was almost emotional about it. I said that I thought he was getting back to himself earlier in the season under Harford, pointing at the Borough away game as one of his top performances… I said about one bit of skill he had done in the corner in that game that really impressed me against Naughton, and he laughed and said how do fans remember things like that! He did say that he doesn’t like playing upfront or on the right, and I completely agreed with him. He said he’s a left winger; he wants to get to the by-line and put crosses into the box because that’s what he feels he does best.

We mentioned the £250k payment made back to QPR, and he said that we shouldn’t get it wrong… he never made any payment back to us. He said it was part of his contract that he was due that money, and he said he would wave it to help the club out. He said it’s no big thing and that ANY QPR fan would have done it. I said that we certainly wouldn’t forget that gesture. He said a week later we signed Camp for £250k, and he called him the very same day saying how he “Owned him!” He said that he hoped that people don’t forget how he used to play for us, he said he is one million percent sure he will get back to that form again. I said that while I wasn’t in the same generation of the likes of Ferdinand, Bowles etc… for me he has always been my favourite player. He said that to hear a fan say something like that meant so much, and said how he used to look up to players like that too. Have to say on the point of Cook, we were speaking quite late in the evening, and on two separate occasions the players said for him to leave now… but he continued to just stay and chat and left them to go.

Alejandro Faurlin – I said how happy I was for him winning his award, and said that ALL QPR fans love him. He thanked me very much, and he said QPR is like home to him now. It was a brief conversation, but it was hard with the communication barrier.

Jay Simpson – He said he loves playing on the pitch, off the pitch things have not been good. Didn’t get the impression he would sign for us.

Tosic – Loves being here, seems to have settled in really well. If Warnock wants him, he will sign for us tomorrow!

Adel Taarabt – Said that I desperately hoped he will sign next season. Very non-committal, and personally don’t think he will be here. Delighted with the awards though.

Elvijs Putnins – Possibly leaving on loan to league one or two next season. Spoke about his family back in Latvia and came across as a really genuine nice guy.

Gianni Paladini – He asked me how I thought the evening had gone, and said that I thought it had been a real success. Like everyone else, he is absolutely buzzing for next season, can’t wait for it to start!

Ishan Saksena – I said that while I was a little late, it was great to have him at QPR and that I couldn’t wait for next season. He said that they are so keen to make everything we dream a reality, and promised he will do the best for the club. Said he has been impressed with our support, especially away from home.

Following that we eventually got to bed around 2 o’clock, and got back here on the island at 2 this afternoon.

The whole evening really did just wet my appetite for next season. QPR really does have such a positive feel to it now, and I think we really could be on the brink of something special. I think all the “hot air” that has come from the club since the Flavio takeover may all be a thing of the past; I truly believe that these men in charge really do mean business… I just can’t wait!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the comments on the match reports etc this season, and if you have got to this stage without falling asleep… well fair play to you!

Also credit to the club, that was a brilliant evening and I would definitely recommend it to anyone contemplating doing it next year if this was anything to go by.

Have a good summer everyone.

U R’ssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
    Last edited by Goddard; 04-05-2010, 12:52 PM.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

top report

Comment

fantastic report from SM - thank you

Comment

Bring Back SM
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Come back SM.
          They seek him here.................

Comment

Sm comeback. No need that we should be copying and pasting.

Most on here are big fans of your reports.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Great report SM.

Always appreciated by those of us who can't get along to these events .

Also credit to you for the season . Good unbiased stuff , no sh'''t stirring and telling it the way you see it. A lot of posters on here should take note .

Well done!

Comment

Another excellent report from SM-thank you for taking the time that was a brilliant read. (THUMBS UP!)

Comment

Oh how I like this guy. SUPPORTER OF THE DECADE!!

You reports are better than food. Knowing me that says a lot..

A big thank you...
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

excellent report SM (if you still visit this site) cheers Goddard for printing it

Comment

Pointed him in the direction of this thread earlier & that hes wanted back

Comment

Bring back SM

Comment

Well done sm on another Brilliant report!!

Comment

Fantastic, well worth the time to read.
                            We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Two good reports, SM.

For goodness sake, get yourself back on this site pronto, there's a good few of us who have missed your reports which are always a bloody good read.

If you do pop in, have a good summer, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X