Few Things From Player Of The Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Things From Player Of The Year

First of all, much better organised then previous seasons, but probably half the people normally associated with these events turned up. Normally fair to say 600 odd people, but half that figure.

Players did not rush off and Players like rowlands, Ramage and Cook were still there when I left around 1am. Most if not all the players stayed to 1130-12ish, which is perfectly reasonable

Ishan gave an emotional speech about next season and spoke about believing in the man he had appointed in Warnock and trusting his judgement. He mentioned he would support him.

Amit mentioned it had been a season in 3 parts, good at the start, not good in the middle, but the fact Warnock had been appointed it mean't we could look forward to bigger and better things next season.

Warnock didn't really speak but gave the award to the Players Player of the season, had a little quip at Tarrabt to say it wouldn't be you, but to let him know Warnock would have voted for him.

Faurlin and Tarrabt both thanked Gianni for bringing them here and thanked the supporters for being behind them . Quite funny, that when Gorkss, Faurlin and tarrabt, all went up to the stage, they apologised for not speaking good english. Get the impression Tarrabt is simply shy in front of people he doesn't know. Spoke to Faurlin briefly and he expects to score more goals next season.

Separate from that, each player is getting 15 minutes with the gaffer on Wednesday to see if they have a future at the club.

Get the impression we want Tarrabt, but personally think he will end up at Seville.

A few of the players are going on holiday, a couple to Dubai and Faurlin is a little homesick and going back to Argentina for a while.

Did see Stan Bowles, Rufus Brevett, Steve Wicks, but did not see Gordon Jago who was advertised as a guest not long ago

Thats about it, if I remember anything more I'll write it down later.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Was the food any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Toni German View Post
      Was the food any good?
      They done Petes favourite SECONDS
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Had double the lamb as my Mrs is a vegetarian.

Food was okay.

Tom Watt was a good compere
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

How was Stevie Wicks? One of my favourite old players.

Comment

Good, we had little joke with him directing him the wrong way to the toilets.

The blonde hair has gone a bit darker

Comment

Thanks for the report Pete .... Our football club is going in the right direction, it's gonna take time, but with Amit, Ishan, Gianni and Neil Warnock running the show things are starting to happen. If the vibes are good at the top, then it works it's way down to the boys who wear the Hoops!
              Hey Pete .. it's so good to hear possitive things about the POTY awards, the Rangers fans pay alot of money to go and support the squad at this annual event, over the top dosh if I may say .... still I'm not going to dwell on the past do's. One question mate .... Dusko Tosic any news on the lad? Along the lines of are we gonna give him a contract? He's been outstanding since he's come into the QPR first team!
              See ya Thursday nite mate :pleasantsuprise:
              R.I.P Steve Edwards, Neil Roberts & Trevor Kingham
              Our "BROTHERS in HOOPS"

Comment

Think we are getting Clint Hill who plays left back?

really don't know about Tosic, suspect we will know after the Warnock showdowns on Wednesday

Comment

I'll look forward to Faurlin scoring more goals next season... That'll be 2 then?

Comment

clint hill wont be comming then if your strike rate is anything to go by with regards to signings pete lol

Comment

Thought Faurlin's shooting was much better yesterday -- think he's been practising!!
                      It has been his one weakness, but I'm sure he'll improve -- the signs are there.
                      Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

thanks Pete

Comment

So Adel could be playing champions league football next year with Sevilla....fair play to him..If it happens what will the people say who say his pony?

Jesus Navas on one wing and taraabt on the other...skills'R'us.
                          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                            So Adel could be playing champions league football next year with Sevilla....fair play to him..If it happens what will the people say who say his pony?

Jesus Navas on one wing and taraabt on the other...skills'R'us.
                            diego capel plays left wing for them, taarabt wud be 3rd choice winger. right move for the player he is
                            CHAMPIONS
                            Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Forgot about Capel, bare with me hermy just woke up lol.

Unless they Play Taraabt off Kanoute. Even if his sub, get paid more and a better option then QPR and CCC for him.
                              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
                              X