Will Rambo be captain on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Rambo be captain on Sunday

Would be great for him and the sort of thing a football man like NW would do. Never know he could be the captain we are looking for long term.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Agree it would be an apt gesture.............but I can't see it happening tbh.

Would be very happy if I'm wrong. Has been a revelation at centre back.

Comment

Would like to see Peter Ramage given the captain's armband on Sunday.

Comment

Team Ramage!
        It would be a bit of a dream come true for him, I suspect.
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

me too

Comment

Laughable. He has 3 or 4 good games and people want him captain. I have seen it all now at Rangers.

Once Warnock brings in his quality this summer people like Ramage who have failed so much in the last 2 seasons will be out the door.

A woeful defender who has been part of one of the worst defences in the league.
            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
              Laughable. He has 3 or 4 good games and people want him captain. I have seen it all now at Rangers.

Once Warnock brings in his quality this summer people like Ramage who have failed so much in the last 2 seasons will be out the door.

Mabe some shoit managers had something to do with the shoit defence.
              Same defence last season was one of the best in the league.
              I would be happy to see Ramage captain for the day.
              They seek him here.................

Comment

for me its not the football more the leadership on the pitch. Legs has no apparent communication with his players and is better not as captain. Ramage is alwayss encouraging the team and shouting to all of them

Comment

Must be a shyte manager because the defence is shyte.
                  Must be a shyte defence because the manager is shyte.

Repeat ad nauseum.

Comment

In 3 or 4 games in his correct position.

Bit like a maths teacher trying to teach French, wouldn't you say?

I shall say a little prayer for our young people tonight if you are representative of the quality of our teachers these days.

Comment

5 managers in one season hardly instills confidence...pound to a penny warnock turns his career round!!
                      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        In 3 or 4 games in his correct position.

Bit like a maths teacher trying to teach French, wouldn't you say?

I shall say a little prayer for our young people tonight if you are representative of the quality of our teachers these days.

Shame when other defenders play in other positions at the back they do a good job. E.G Connolly. I have seen all of Ramage's games this season and bar about the 3 or 4 he has been poor.

Which games did you see where he was good?

He wasn't that good at Barnsley. Barnsley should have scored at least 2 from his basic mistakes.

Too many QPR fans accept mediocrity. If you want him next season, then expect another season of mid table football. Personally, I think you should always improve the team every season. He has had his chance and he is sh1t.
                        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Shame when other defenders play in other positions at the back they do a good job. E.G Connolly. I have seen all of Ramage's games this season and bar about the 3 or 4 he has been poor.

Which games did you see where he was good?

He wasn't that good at Barnsley. Barnsley should have scored at least 2 from his basic mistakes.

Too many QPR fans accept mediocrity. If you want him next season, then expect another season of mid table football. Personally, I think you should always improve the team every season. He has had his chance and he is sh1t.
                          As someone else pointed out previously, he was part of a defence that was extremely successful for a while last season, so much so that our keeper shared the Golden Glove award. As for players performing well in different positions, I personally feel that Matt Connolly is dire at left back, but a terrific prospect for the future as either right back, centre half if he toughens up a bit, or even in midfield eventually. He has performed at least as well as Gorkss and better than Stewart in the games he has played at centre back and I have seen worse right backs many a time.

I am happy to admit that my first impression of Peter Ramage, was even worse than your opinion of him now. To be honest with you, although the man appears limited in certain areas, his defensive work is solid. Not exceptional, but solid. He has proved me wrong with his attitude to the game, his desire, which cannot be faulted and his desperation to do well for the fans, regardless of being played out of position. All of this with no complaining or whingeing, just a determination to do his best, whatever is asked of him.

His goal at Preston, whilst relatively straightforward (assuming the right back gets himself into such a position), was taken well. If our strikers could have finished the amount of opportunities that they have had all season with anything like the basic quality required for that particular finish, then I am certain that our defensive shortcomings and subsequent league position would be very different.

Hopefully, any money we do spend this close season will be concentrated further up the field, where we are awful and plenty have failed dismally, rather than in areas which can be worked on, will improve with stability and although not brilliant, will still be better than the majority of defences in our division next season.

If he were to be replaced with someone much better, then I would not have a problem with that as you are correct in that a team can always be improved. Please though, if he is here and playing, put as much effort in getting behind the lad as he does for you, week in, week out.

Comment

Under Warnock Ramage has improved because he is playing in his best position as centre back. Ramage was never a right back which was why he played badly.

I think we have seen another side to Ramage in the past 4/5 games which is very positive. One wouldn't mind seeing him as Captain on Sunday.

Comment

I was thinking more as a gesture on Sunday and as I said, you never know it could benefit us long term. On Sunday he will do a better job than Legs as Captain and it would make his day to captain the team against the team he supports.
                              RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X