Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the club announce signings before the transfer window opens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the club announce signings before the transfer window opens?

Can't remember how this works but surely the club will want to announce signings ASAP in line with the early bird to boost ST Sales?

I'm pretty sure you can. Teams like Manure and Chelski announce signings before they happen. They can agree a fee and terms, but the player obviously can't make the switch.

That's how I believe it to be.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

So legally the club is able to make an official announcement not just let the press run with the story. If both clubs season is effectively over on May the 2nd I can't see what difference it makes, Palace's Admistrators for example will want to tie up sales ASAP.

When does the summer transfer window officially open???

Comment

I'm not 100% sure though mate. It's just what I recall from previous years.

The window opens on June 1st and closes August 31st.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

We announced the signings of Ramage and Cerny on the 13th May 2008 but they were both out of contract.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
            We announced the signings of Ramage and Cerny on the 13th May 2008 but they were both out of contract.
            Also, I believe you can confirm things on a pre-contract basis "with a view to joining on whatever date".
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I'm expecting a series of announcements between 02/05/10-17/05/10 to ensure we push the 9000 ST Sales target over the line is why I ask.

Comment

Yes it is possible.

Comment

Plus NW has stated he likes to get his transfer business done early and then have a break before pre season.
                  RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

id say after the newcastle game anouncments will be made as i think most of the players will be championship rivals

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Hope so cos i'm not renewing until i know what players are comming in, unlike previous years when i forked out for an st and regreted it.
                      They seek him here.................

Comment

I hope W12 is spot on here because it will save many lots of time logging in here when we could be out enjoying the sun.

Comment

Depends if players are out of contracts
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Take a look at this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8032387.stm

It would suggest that signings can be announced before the opening of the transfer window.

Comment

QUOTE=qblockpete;340202]Depends if players are out of contracts[/QUOTE]

Deals where a transfer fee is paid can be done as soon as this season ends i.e after the play-offs.

Out of contract players can also sign pre-contract agreements once the season ends, although I don't ti k these are legally binding, and these can be made official on July 1st.

I agree that the sooner deals are announced the better it is to attract ST sales.

I also agree that clubs in Admin like Palace and Portsmouth will want to agree fees asap for their players so that they can continue as a viable buisness.

So if Warnock wants to sign Speroni, Clyne ,Danns, Ambrose & Tosic, the club should act swiftly.

I wont even consider buying a ST until I see the calibre of signings.

Comment

Working...
                              X