Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we PLEASE just focus on the job in hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we PLEASE just focus on the job in hand?

Everyone, myself included, has got a bit ahead of themselves since a great performance v Palace and a bit of distance being put between us and the trapdoor.

No matter how you dress it WE STILL NEED ANOTHER 3 POINTS TO GUARANTEE SAFETY.

That adds extra importance to the game v Baardiv -- yes we hate them, yes they are plant life and yes we'd like to scupper play offs for them but safety for us is paramount.

A few have doubted my maths credability and sight the fact that Palace play Sheff Weds last game of the season. As I've pointed out before there is a scenario where results of both sides could conspire against us.

Our goal difference is worse than Palace's and we do still have some tough games.

It's not beyond goodship QPR to go looking for icebergs!!!

Palace could win one and draw 2 and finish on 51 points and above us on goal difference.
    Palace could win 2 out 3 and finish with 52 points and therefore above us.
    Palace could win 2 and draw 1 and finish on 53 points and therefore above us.
    Palace could win all 3 and finish above us even if we win 1 more game (but that still mean Sheff Weds below us so no worries there assuming Plymouth have booked the other spot)

Sheff Weds could win 2 and draw one, finish with 52 points and therefore above us.
    Sheff Weds could win all three and finish above us on 54 points.
    Sheff Weds could win 2, finish with 51 points and still finish above us on goal difference IF they score a couple of hatfuls and we go back to defending the way we can and ship 4 or 5 a game.

So we need to win on Saturday and hope Palace don't win plus Sheff Weds losing and then we can say 100% we are safe and get very, very, very drunk.

Then all this mad talk of promotion next year may commence.....

PS Leicester under Ollie got relegated on 51 points 3 years back.
    Last edited by LBLOCK; 15-04-2010, 02:50 PM.
    I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

L Block, where as your stats are spot on, i cannot see us losing 4 straight games and palace winning two and Wed winning all three.Could be all over and done by this weekend if we draw and Wednedsay lose.Although - strange things happen in football..

Comment

Neil - as L Block has pointed out - mathematically - we could still go down, but it would mean a whole host of wins for all at bottom and us to be only club not to pick up points.

Personally - i cannot see Wed beating United in the derby this weekend.That happens - Wed can only get the same amount of points as us if we were to lose all 4 games....which i cannot see happening.

But as the old saying goes....

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
        Everyone, myself included, has got a bit ahead of themselves since a great performance v Palace and a bit of distance being put between us and the trapdoor.

No matter how you dress it WE STILL NEED ANOTHER 3 POINTS TO GUARANTEE SAFETY.

That adds extra importance to the game v Baardiv -- yes we hate them, yes they are plant life and yes we'd like to scupper play offs for them but safety for us is paramount.

A few have doubted my maths credability and sight the fact that Palace play Sheff Weds last game of the season. As I've pointed out before there is a scenario where results of both sides could conspire against us.

Our goal difference is worse than Palace's and we do still have some tough games.

It's not beyond goodship QPR to go looking for icebergs!!!

Palace could win one and draw 2 and finish on 51 points and above us on goal difference.
        Palace could win 2 out 3 and finish with 52 points and therefore above us.
        Palace could win 2 and draw 1 and finish on 53 points and therefore above us.
        Palace could win all 3 and finish above us even if we win 1 more game (but that still mean Sheff Weds below us so no worries there assuming Plymouth have booked the other spot)

Sheff Weds could win 2 and draw one, finish with 52 points and therefore above us.
        Sheff Weds could win all three and finish above us on 54 points.
        Sheff Weds could win 2, finish with 51 points and still finish above us on goal difference IF they score a couple of hatfuls and we go back to defending the way we can and ship 4 or 5 a game.

So we need to win on Saturday and hope Palace don't win plus Sheff Weds losing and then we can say 100% we are safe and get very, very, very drunk.

Then all this mad talk of promotion next year may commence.....

PS Leicester under Ollie got relegated on 51 points 3 years back.
        L Block I appreciate the effort you have put into this thread mate but we are safe, maybe not mathematically but we won't get relegated.

Your worries should be eased by 5pm Saturday.

Sheff Wed are down mate, just read their MB's, most are accepting their fate.

Comment

You got to give the lad some credit he really has worked hard on this.

sheff wed goal difference is a massive difference to ours.

We will have to play without a goal keeper and a back 4 for them to improve on ours.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil
            Lets face it,more chance of getting on a plane this afternoon than us going down
            Best comment you have made this century.

Comment

Oh Neil are you going to the watford game?

Comment

While 1 more point would probably be enough,2 would definetly be enough,but i agree we have got completly carried away with last weeks win,and remember it was our 1st win in 8 games,so we havent become world beaters all of a sudden.A draw against Cardiff and another against watford will see us safe,but there is still work to be done,WITHOUT DOUBT

Comment

I'd rather be where we are than the teams below us that's for sure.

It would mean all the stars being aligned and all that for the un-thinkable to happen.

But this is QPR we are talking about.

I just hope NW is drumming it into those players that last week cannot be a one off and we need to kick on and finish with a bit of mid table medicority rather than looking over our shoulders or just back from the edge of the cliff.

Years of supporting this club have made me massively paranoid.

WHO SAID THAT?!

Comment

To be fair we could not get a point between now and end of the season and still would NOT go down.

Though I suspect we will get at least 3 more

Palace won't beat leicester away

Sheffield Wed won't win all 3 games left
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Still not going to order my Season Ticket until it's mathematically impossible.

As my old signature used to say, it ain't over until the final whistle is blown.
                      Queens Park Rangers
                      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

All we need to do is draw the rest of the games and we'll be ok.

Comment

A point and we're nearly there -- 99%

A win and we're 99.99% there.

GET TO W12 TOMORROW AND SUPPORT THE HOOPS!!!!

It is a HUGE game.

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Neil
                            Lets face it,more chance of getting on a plane this afternoon than us going down

QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Working...
                            X