prem cash "to be increased"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prem cash "to be increased"

relegated clubs get 2 yrs windfall from the prem, an idea is to EXTEND this to 4 yrs, to help them keep their best players
    is this fair to others?
    is this just the prem doing what it always does and look after their "pet" clubs?
    this affects qpr in a way, it affects all the clubs not getting that windfall...

wba yo-yo
    newky romped this lge and yes we shoulda won up there

the payments may see clubs like hull,stoke,burnley yo-yo up and down for yrs as they get extra cash.

It is beginning to be very difficult for clubs nit to get promoted within two seasons of going down.

We have seen WBA win promotion 4 times now in 9 seasons, the last 3 times they have bounced straight back up. Newcastle have done it too as did a few other sides in previous seasons, including Sunderland, Boro, Wolves, West Ham. Boro can still make the playoffs to complete another treble where all three relegated sides went staright back up.

If

Comment

It needed to be a bit more balanced. The problem is that nobody is interested in championship football.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
        It needed to be a bit more balanced. The problem is that nobody is interested in championship football.
        me included...the new board should be pulling out all the stops and spending millions to get us out of the CCC and into the prem. They will recoup there money anyway. Only way we are going to get out of this leauge is if we buy our way out.

Comment

I think the parachute payments should be scrapped anyway. Might make clubs be more sensible with their ludicrous wage bills. Hull's wage bill is utterly laughable - they deserve to go into administration in a couple of years and they probably will do.

The money may dry up anyway. If SKY are forced to selll their product more cheaply to their main competitors - they won't pay as much.

The English league used to be the best - it is more of a joke now. Same clubs bouncing up and down. The gulf gets bigger and bigger between the CCC and the Prem because of these parachute payments.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

So the Championship teams with parachute payments would have an additional £11Million more than those without.

The Football League is unlikely to object, even though club's coming down will have an immense financial advantage over their rivals in bid to win promotion.

The Football League have campaigned for better distribution of funds to their clubs and under the new arrangement payments that currently stand at pounds 2.5m to Championship Clubs will be doubled to pounds 5m.

A significant boost to the Championship clubs who have not been in the top flight in recent years.

The other financial benefit is any relegated club that succeeds in winning romotion inside the four year term of parachute payments will see the remaining money evenly distributed among the Championship clubs.

So if Portsmouth - managed by Avram Grant - are relegated but bounce straight back into the top flight next season, over pounds 32m in unpaid parachute payments would be passed on to the other Championship clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              me included...the new board should be pulling out all the stops and spending millions to get us out of the CCC and into the prem. They will recoup there money anyway. Only way we are going to get out of this leauge is if we buy our way out.
              this season has been terrible football.
              Makes me want to get home after a miserable sat and watch match of the day, otherwise watching this season and the waisters we have could put you off football for life. I did enjoy our purple patch but they was very short lived.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

They might as well scrap the football league altogether and just keep the Prem for their own, hand-picked 20 clubs.
                I bet Stoke and Wigan wouldn't be invited...
                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Swanley it is an entertainment business can u blame them?
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    I bet some of the elite 20 would provide less entertainment value than some lower league clubs.
                    Finesse or effectiveness can both be quite dull -- the Liverpool team of the late 70's/early 80's were ruthlessly efficient but terminally dull. Would rather watch 100 games like Swindon/Exeter last night, than one game by that Liverpool team.
                    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      It's not "entertainment". It's meant to be sport, which means that as far as possible it should be a level playing field. Giving four Clubs a ludicrous cash advantage over the others is not sport I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                      X