Next Season's Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Season's Squad

A bit previous I know, but with renewed hope after Saturday and relative safety assured, thoughts have turned to next season's squad.
    With time on my hands and insomnia and LOTS of assumptions.

Starting with a BIG clearout -
    Helguson, Hall, Agyemang, Pellicori, Borrowdale all out on loan (some with views to perm), thus showing a statement of intent from the club.
    Add to that -
    Alberti, Quashie, Vine & Mahon (contract up).
    9 in total. Might even bring in a million between them to add to the rumoured war chest.

Balanta's contract also up (allegedly), but I've a hunch he'll get a short extension based on NW liking youth.
    Ramage likewise re: contract (?), but based solely on 1 game at CB and a stay of execution for the fans new favourite ! (I expect to be slaughtered !)

Players IN based on recent rumours and random NW comments -
    Tosic, based entirely on Saturday, gets a contract, cheap. (until a better option, or Spurr)
    Taarabt, start with a cheeky £2m bid, agree £2.5m with add ons when he single handedly wins the 2018 World Cup Final at the Emirates, coz Wembley was unplayable and he always wanted to play there anyway !)
    Simpson, £1m tops, good money for Arsenal's 7th choice.
    Speroni, Clynne, Danns, Ambrose - The Palace Four, unlikely to get all four, but let's go with it. NW likes players he knows well & trusts. £4m the job lot. Sorry Palace, but you need the money and Administrators have a legal obligation.
    Another NW man, mentioned a while back, Montgomery, ideal replacement for Mahon, younger and more importantly having just shelled out £7.5m.....he'll be free.
    New Centre Half ? Big Danny seems to crop up alot and he's NW's type of Centre Half, like Claude Davis, Chris Morgan, and Damien Stewart, so if the latter does not make a full recovery, every chance I guess.
    But for now, I'd rather Sean St. Ledger, another £1m as he's got 3 years left.
    2 strikers -
    Hooper £1m and one of the following (dependant on what's left in the kitty) Maynard (Expensive), Henderson (Mid Price), Boyd or Maclean (Cheaper).
    Seeing as my budget only has £1.5m left in it and NW likes a big target man, I'll go with Henderson.
    Total 11 players & £11m and the squad looks like this -

Speroni, Cerny, Putnins

Clynne, Leigertwood, St. Ledger, Ramage, Gorkks, Stewart, Connolly, Tosic.

Ambrose, Rowlands, Danns, Montgomery, Faurlin, Buzsaky, Cook, Ephraim.

Taarabt, Henderson, Hooper, Simpson, German, Balanta

Would you be happy with that ?
    Surely Play Off quality ?
    Would Automatic be achievable ?
    Captain ?

add matt kilgallon to that, im sure i read a rumour about him on here not long ago.
    also reckon buzz will be gone in the summer.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

good squad.. just dont feel the palace players(bar speroni) are needed..in two games ive seen ambrose he hasnt shown anything for me to say we need him.

danns had one run on saturday but again is he better than what we have?

id take speroni or grant for GK

id take clyne and st ledger along with getting a loan cover for LB.. somebody like kid a chelsea reserves.. cant remember his name.. plays for newcastle atm. maybe if viable sell stewart and bring in big dan.

in midfield id go for watson(again) as under warnock i feel we will see the best out of him + his fee wont be near 2mil.

raiding newcastle for players wouldnt be a terrible idea.. considering everybody expects them to buy a new 11 to keep them up. if swansea dont go up put bid in for pratley. maybe bid for cleverly(depending on injury) + add montgomery. and play balanta as a winger. if cheap enough Mackail-Smith..

upfront any 3 of the following: stead, hooper, henderson, simpson, hulse, best
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Ambrose has looked **** every time ive seen him...lazy player with attitude problems too by all accounts

Comment

I thought he was an ageing player who is starting to be a bit injury-prone -- or am I wrong?
          Certainly not what we want if we are serious about doing well.
          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Think i would add Ben Watson as well.
            They seek him here.................

Comment

Interesting comments, thanks.

Kilgallon - Already at Sunderland ? or is that only a loan ?
              Buzz - Quite possible, if only to raise cash for an increased bid for Adel ? Great shame if so though, I like the option of BOTH + Faurlin.

Speroni my 1st chice, best in the division. Lewis from Posh maybe an option otherwise. Cerny good enough backup, but if he don't like that and we get rid, Heaton as backup, then Putnins for me.
              Clynne - I've a hunch he'll end up in the Prem, but with NW links you never know.
              Danns & Ambrose, both have impressed me when I've seen them Live on TV, but had poor games v Us. Both NW might think better the devil you know....
              Good case for Watson though, especially if cheep. Personally, didn't think much of him, when on loan, gave away too many goals and a liability regards yellow & red cards. That said, NW might get the best out of him again.

Juices are flowing though.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                Interesting comments, thanks.

Kilgallon - Already at Sunderland ? or is that only a loan ?
                Buzz - Quite possible, if only to raise cash for an increased bid for Adel ? Great shame if so though, I like the option of BOTH + Faurlin.

Speroni my 1st chice, best in the division. Lewis from Posh maybe an option otherwise. Cerny good enough backup, but if he don't like that and we get rid, Heaton as backup, then Putnins for me.
                Clynne - I've a hunch he'll end up in the Prem, but with NW links you never know.
                Danns & Ambrose, both have impressed me when I've seen them Live on TV, but had poor games v Us. Both NW might think better the devil you know....
                Good case for Watson though, especially if cheep. Personally, didn't think much of him, when on loan, gave away too many goals and a liability regards yellow & red cards. That said, NW might get the best out of him again.

Juices are flowing though.
                i think alot rides on various things like: if we actually get this 10m warchest everybody is on about.. i mean we havent spent 10mil in a window before.. dont forget some players need to be sold first.. likes of hall, helguson, vine, agyemang etc all on big wages.. then comes our targets.. if we keep adel that changes our team dramatically in my eyes.. as we then arent looking to play 2 out and out strikers..

but im hopeful we can at least get some decent players in.. gotta know by now that current set arent promotion standard.. we sadly need more quality all over the pitch. main three targets for me(aside loans) are speroni/heaton hooper/henderson/hulse and st ledger/shittu
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                X