Forward Targets Next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forward Targets Next Season

After hearing neils rant about having no forward muscle as such,i was very happy to hear this we have been starved of a decent forward since Sir Les.Going on the type of forward who warnock has worked with in the past,I hope we are linked with thease type of strikers,

Rob hulse a good target man a real handful,
    Jon stead good player at our level has worked well with neil before,
    Chris Iwelomo big bruiser strongly linked with palace when warnock was there.
    Ricky Lambert very good striker for bristol rovers and southampton.
    James Beattie think warnock could get the best from him,proven at this level for sheffield united.i would also recommend billy sharp,charlie austin,simeon jackson,garry hooper,steve morrison,or a few bargains in the lower leagues are paul benson and chris o'grady from dagenham and rochdale.None of them would break the bank,and they are more realistic for a club of our size.

I reckon James Beattie might break the bank at 40k a week !
    But go for it, let's sign all of them, rack 'em and stack 'em Holloway style.

Oh and I only want to pay £ peanuts for a season ticket !

I'll get me coat.....

Comment

Rickie Lambert all day long-scores goals for fun with both feet & a fair few headers. And affordable I'd imagine compared to Beattie.

Comment

How old is he ?

Comment

Comment

to be honest not concerning myself with any thoughts on players for next season until we know what league we will be in,hope im wrong but just got a bad feeling that were going down.

Comment

Rob Hulse, John Stead, James Beattie ??? Why are we aiming for such 'dross' and 'have beens' We need much better quality that that! Beattie only ever looked good in a less than average Saints side and that was over 6 years ago and the other two never cut it at Championship level. Lambert is a must and what about Lita?
              22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Lamberts a good shout at that age, (I thought he was older).
                Lita concerns me, I've heard stories from different people about his billy big boots attitude. Plus, he only scores regularly against us !
                I'd much prefer Beckford or Hooper.

But each to their own, I suspect NW has targets in mind, I would hope 2 at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                  Rickie Lambert all day long-scores goals for fun with both feet & a fair few headers. And affordable I'd imagine compared to Beattie.
                  No pace and league 1 player at best, from a Saints fan I must add.

Beattie probably past it but still a 100% man so that would help.
                  :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1974 View Post
                    After hearing neils rant about having no forward muscle as such,i was very happy to hear this we have been starved of a decent forward since Sir Les.Going on the type of forward who warnock has worked with in the past,I hope we are linked with thease type of strikers,

Rob hulse a good target man a real handful,
                    Jon stead good player at our level has worked well with neil before,
                    Chris Iwelomo big bruiser strongly linked with palace when warnock was there.
                    Ricky Lambert very good striker for bristol rovers and southampton.
                    James Beattie think warnock could get the best from him,proven at this level for sheffield united.i would also recommend billy sharp,charlie austin,simeon jackson,garry hooper,steve morrison,or a few bargains in the lower leagues are paul benson and chris o'grady from dagenham and rochdale.None of them would break the bank,and they are more realistic for a club of our size.

Would not want any of them. Hooper and Beattie are the only ones I would seriously consider.

Should be looking at Jason Roberts, Dave Kitson, Dave Nugent or Ismael Miller on permanent deals. Wellbeck, Macheda or Di Santo on loan. Think Miller and Simpson would be a really dangerous forward line

Comment

Beattie would be a quality player in this division, but depends a lot on his influence in the squad, how much he is drinking these days, and his wage demands...

Simon Church at Reading, couple of million probs but a quality player.

We need a target man. Of all the opponents inthis division, which target men do you worry about when we play other teams.. I actually really rate the big b*stard Parkin. He isn't pretty, but he is effective if you want to play that kind of way. I'd personally prefer a quick big target man, as opposed to one who is a massive presence but a bit one-dimensional. The best forward I have seen this season was at Reading as well. Shane Long. Quality player.

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
                        No pace and league 1 player at best, from a Saints fan I must add.
                        I know mate 25 goals in 36 games is awful isn't it!

Comment

Iwelomo would be a good addition
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                            I know mate 25 goals in 36 games is awful isn't it!
                            How many did Furlong get?

28 years old, never played any higher than League one. Previous clubs Bristol Rovers, Rochdale, Stockport and Macclesfield. How many will
                            he get in Championship, 10 at best.
                            Last edited by kingy10; 05-04-2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

andy carrolls the type of striker we need.,will he cut it in the prem? failing that one of sharp , hooper,lambert alongside simpson would do for me
                              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                              X