A Season of superlatives "underwhelmed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Season of superlatives "underwhelmed"

this is something i have done as a season long review up to now as you will read, please let me know what you think as if there shyte i will stop =P

A piece by East paddok Nutta aka Chris (Co written EPN Senior)

** Pre season **

Which great manager are we going to get?

The list of names are endless! But surprisingly enough none of them inspire that unique feeling of optimism when you know you have wealth behind the scenes. You start to think there's something wrong here, the only guys putting there head above the parapet have failed dismally at there previous clubs? So we end up with Jim Magilton and yet again Flabio states what magnificent "Quedentials" he has for the job (meaning a young manager who will be my yes man) it leaves most rangers fans, even the most optimistic of rangers fans completely non plaused as we can not see any real improvement.

Why Magilton? Why was he the yes man? Why did Briatore want him? Why did any one want him?

In Magilton's first season in charge as a manager (06-07) he led Ipswich to a satisfactory 14th position. Then, in the 2007–08 Season, Magilton lead Town to an impressive 8th place finish, missing out on the play-offs by a single point. This position was obtained by virtue of Town's excellent home record despite their poor away form. However despite substantial investment in the squad the team failed to make the play-offs in the 2008-09 season.
    Not exactly a glowing reference to say the least but magilton was our manager.

** Start of the season **

Mediocre

Pre season, to be honest i didn't attend any friendly's as i was not one bit interested in travelling to Oxford so on. Plus i was still hugely annoyed by allot of things that happened last season, i.e Sousa sacking, Blackstock loaning and camp going E.T.C.

Even at the very beginning of the season it felt like we were a joke by the way we were being run and who was running the club. The signing of Faurlin raised some eyebrows with Rangers breaking the bank to bring in the Argentine smashing the record of Mike Sherons transfer nearly 11 odd years ago.

With Taarabt returning to us for another season and the likes of Buzacky and Vine returning Magilton was going to have good selection of players available to him. Seeing players like Taarabt, Faurlin, Buzacky inspires optimism, them kind of flair players we all like to see wearing hooped shirts. An early season spanking of Exeter and only two defeats before we met the dreaded **** that is called "Chelsea" seemed OK, but was mostly mediocre. Agreed we competed better against Chelsea this time round than we was last time. We should of got a draw!

** Early to middle**

"The Chelsea Backlash"

Having felt a bit cheated at Stamford Bridge we started handing out spankings left right and centre on a regular basis, something we have not done for a long time (Sousa regime it was an accomplishment to score more than 2 goals, but that's an argument for watrb and pro sousa crew etc).

Barnsley you might of expect Rangers to get a decent result, but Preston 4-0 , Reading 4-1 and smashing Derby at there place 4-2 coming back from 2-0 down?!!??!! Am i still watching Queens Park Rangers??!!??!!
    SOMEONE WAKE ME UP PLEASE!!??
    I didnt go but i have been told by QPR and Newcastle fans that we put on a hell of a good show up there and should of won. Not many teams can say that this season. One defeat away to Paulo Sousas Swansea the spectre of a Sousa backlash. On the whole a very satisfying period sitting top half of the table looking like play off candidates something we could only dream of now.

But who was to take credit? Was it Magilton? Flabio? Gianni? Jude/sparky the cat? Im not sure now looking in heinseight if the staff at QPR were really sure but what was about to happen in the next few months was to show who thought they deserved the credit for that particular run.

** Middle to late Season **

Catastrophic! - Player Power = puppy power

Just when you think that Magilton (or any manager) is finally able to blend a collection of very talented individuals together as a team ( always suspecting that most of them had been hoisted upon him) the wheels fall well and truly off the wagon, starting with Leister coming to a head literally at Watford. Our suspicions are confirmed the players have more power than the manager and yet again the guy with all these fantastic quedentials, qualities E.T.C has actually let them down and is given the golden gag around his mouth and sent on his way, not Briatores fault of course and Paladini totally blameless as well. Akos (as much as i rate him and other do to) went about things in the wrong way too. But can you blame him? No one really knows whether to hate him or not, the only thing is it has certainly affected his performances.

How could we be in this position? A ship with no rudder or any form of control at all just wondering from one disaster to another in complete freefall. With gallen and Bircham taking charge we all are starting to think "its bottom of the barrel time again" but unbelievably we out play West Brom on there own turf and should of won if it Pellacori and Faurlin would of just hanged onto the ball! Instead given them the opportunity to equalise.

Behind the scenes whilst all this is going are backroom team decided to look for another outstanding candidate to take on the Queens Joke Rangers hot seat. They find someone again perfect for the job with all the right Quedentials. What did we do to deserve such a miserable looking pair as Paul Hart and Mick Harford? (biggest pair of losers ever!) Quite obviously the players yet again never like Hart and he didnt last long (there's nothing to write about it thats how much of a joke that managerial period was!).

The players were probably terrified by Mick Harford and Dot Cottons, sorry Nick Cottons Vinney Jones like management Style " DO AS WE TELL YA OR ELSE!!" type scenario. you had to question Mick Harfords evaluation of players when he brings in Quashie (whos legs have obviously gone) and a goal score in Marcus Bent who hasnt scored in a year, his confidence must be at an all time low!. The only thing Mick Harford said/ done was then he mentioned that QPR and the fans deserve a good manager- and that obviously was not him.

** Latter part of season **

"Complete optimism - The Warnock affect"

At last, At last, At last, At last, At last, At last, At last!!!!!! Briatore finally goes!!!!!! THANK THE FOOTBALL GODS!!!!!! HE HASNT TAKEN ALL OF HIS TOM, **** AND ARRY'S WITH HIM AND LEFT US BANKRUPT EITHER!!!!! Instead we have a proper chairman in Ishan Saksena and a manager who clearly states he would have not come here if Briatore was still in W12, plus the news that is Colin will choose the players and what ones play. We now know that the team that goes on the pitch is the best equipped to get a result and we do so straight away with a very convincing win against West Brom and beating Plymouth too.

Up to playing preston we only had one defeat at Reading and we were cheated out of that game by a certain posters uncle from WATRB!! If we would of had 11 men on the field we would of for sure one that game. Its a certainty we we stay up mainly now because "the Paul Hart affect" has been influenced onto Palace now and they look like certs to go down IMO.

HERES LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT SEASON!

For who ever we get i'm sure that with Warnock in charge the team will all ways have a balanced performance and purpose, a team that plays for the manager and most importantly

us the QPR fans

U R'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

;D ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D :D ;D

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Its very good and deserves more responses
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

GL

Good report, now we have warnock where do you think we should be aiming to finish next season?

Comment

top, if not higher

Comment

Very good post m8.... sums up our season so far,all the highs and all the lows...lets hope we stay up and we can all look foward to a new and improved season under nw..
          U R'sssssssssssss

Comment

I can't wait for next season -- wish it would start as soon as this one is over.
            I just hope the higher expectations don't cause problems...
            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Excellent review mate. Tells it exactly how it has been well done
              God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

GL thats a quality post and dnt think many coudl of said better.
                here's to a good exciting season next yr

"birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Crikey GL. Where did all that come from? :pleasantsuprise: Has someone borrowed your username? Good post mate.

Comment

I'm very pleased we have Neil Warnock as our manager, he is by far the best appointment our board has made since the takeover, and with Neil in charge of the playing side of things, I've not been this confident about the club's future since, well, I don't know when.

The departure of that charmless berk, Flavio Briatore, is a huge plus also.
                    His replacement as chairman, Ishan Saksena, seems to be everything that Flavio wasn't, charming, level-headed, respectful of the fans, a real improvement.

Comment

Working...
                    X