Platinum Evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platinum Evening

Back from the Platinum Evening plenty to talk about and for the best part it’s all positive. Neil Warnock, Mick Jones, Legiertwood & Faurlin in attendance.

Warnock came across superb, better than Sousa did last season, much NW's talk you have heard before (stability, not getting any younger, wants to be in the PL as quickly as possible etc) but I’ll summarise the evening in my own interpretation (others may have viewed it differently).

Taarabt

Does NW love this player, ‘Tarbs’ must have made up about 30% of the questions and talk this evening. Warnock wants him that much is clear and underlined that Spurs have to sell him this summer and indicated all this talk Seville / Spain talk is being drummed up by his agent. My instinct is Taarabt will be a Rangers player next season and NW is doing the best possible job to manage this ‘enigma’ properly.

Faurlin

Warnock rates this kid so highly you can tell that he is going to have a big part to play next season. NW paid AJ the compliments as having the best left foot and the most natural ability in a CM he has ever worked with. NW views AJ as a goal scorer and expects him to score 8-10 next season. NW has indicated that he doesn’t want AJ playing so deep and wants him picking the ball up deeper in the opposition’s half so he can pick the angles of more.

Legiertwood

Didn’t see a lot of love between Legiertwood and NW TBH, Legs spoke in a professional manner but in truth isn’t the greatest of speakers and left me with no doubt that this is not the man to be captaining the club and my instinct is telling me he won’t be next season.

Scouting & Youth

Quote from Mick Jones when highlighting that we didn’t have a Chief Scout at the club let alone for 6 years, ‘We have been playing a very dangerous game ‘. Mick Jones is in charge of scouting and has already organised 12 scouts dotted around the country with 100 mile radius of each other. These scouts will be managed by 2 Chief Scouts who will be divided North and South. Within the next 2 years it is the clubs aim to have a European Scout as well, NW/MJ indicated they have the full support of Amit and all the necessary resources will be made available. MJ did indicate we do not have much in terms of youngsters coming through and we may have to go out do what Liverpool have done to us and pay compo. MJ did say we are looking at 3 x 14 year olds next week.

Tosic

NW indicated this is the 2nd player he has brought to a club in his career without out looking at him but indicated we have nothing to lose he is on a 5 week contract which is not costing us much. Did let on that he isn’t happy with the left back position so I guess he doesn’t rate Hill that highly? It was NW who brought Tosic to the club and basically brought him in based on his pedigree more than anything else.

Hoofball

Again this is the sort of question which gets one of those long drawn out answers with NW highlighting those games where we played good football and those where getting points is more important. NW did give me the impression that he doesn’t want his Centre Halves playing the ball out the back though.

Priskin

NW realises that TP is not a fans favourite but he does want a player who has a presence up front and my impression is he is the only player at his disposal to do that and he certainly doesn’t regards Jay Simpson as that sort of player.

Loans playing ahead of contracted players

Warnock basically stated that he is picking the team which he thinks will get us out the relegation threat as quickly as possible and will play those contracted players when we are safe. This includes Buzsaky he said he hasn’t seen enough of yet.

Players coming in

NW indicated there will be 4/5 new faces, he did mention some might be on Bosmans and strikers would be the biggest outlay (as thats the way it normally works).

If my memory serves me right he has gone to The Board and told them about 3 players he wants.

Apparently we have touched base with 2 players but current valuations are regarded as to high and outside our budget at present, thats all.

Players Loaned Out

Apparently Helguson has been sold, one of Watfords Directors stumped up the cash?

Fitz Hall highly doubtful he'll play for the club again and we are lumbered with Ageymang.

Big News?

Big News within the next few days said NW which will make everyone happy. I have heard a whisper off someone I know that this maybe a new training ground, but it could be a player but that’s my ITK rumour but I'm probably way off the mark??? Expect some sort of announcement from the club about something which will make us all happy in the next few days.

There is more but I have to rack my brains a little the talk went on for a solid 1hr 45mins I think.
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 30-03-2010, 12:53 AM.

many thanks for that, well appreciated

Could the good news be about St prices, Amit and Ishan seemed pretty bullish about it a couple of weeks agi, or was it player based?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

cheers, good read and positive.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Top man
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Could the good news be about St prices, Amit and Ishan seemed pretty bullish about it a couple of weeks agi, or was it player based?
          Didn't know what prices were MJ asked someone at bar how much are they
          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

No idea mate, someone whispered over to me that they had heard we were getting a new training ground when the big news topic come up. I don't think it is a player, there was no mention of ST's at any point during the talk.

NW also indicated that he was impressed with the aeroplanes constantly flying over the training ground at one point in the evening. Trying to put 2 + 2 together and probably coming up with 5?

Thinking about it, its probably more likely to be ST's but its not really something The Manager would discuss IMO.
            Last edited by W12_Ranger; 29-03-2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I like the fact he's looking to bring a few 14 year olds in. Building for the future and that's what I've been hoping for, for some time.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Warnock aint too keen on training ground
                Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Many thanks , all good stuff

Comment

Forgot to add just seen it on the other thread but apparently Helguson has been sold???

Fitz Hall highly doubtful he'll play for the club again and we are lumbered with Ageymang.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                      Forgot to add just seen it on the other thread but apparently Helguson has been sold???

Thanks W12, great report.

One question, you mentioned he doesn't want the centre halfs playing the ball out from the back. Did he say anything about Connolly because this is his greatest strength.

Cheers once again

Comment

Cheers for taking the time to write that W12.

Comment

Fair play..good read
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Which players sounded as if they were going to be part of his plans for next season?

Any news on who will be our captain?
                            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Voiceofreason View Post
                              Thanks W12, great report.

One question, you mentioned he doesn't want the centre halfs playing the ball out from the back. Did he say anything about Connolly because this is his greatest strength.

Cheers once again
                              Not one word mentioned about Connolly, I got the impression that NW & MJ want to address the defence ASAP. I think there will be a CB inbound this summer without a doubt.

NW spoke highly off our midfield, not so much off our defence. MJ was a former CB so I suspect he has a lot of input into this area.

Comment

Working...
                              X