Next year's Number 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luke_qpr832 View Post
    oh i agree mate.would be a quality signing.just wasnt sure how old he was that was all.i think it could be a possibility cos he was one of the players that offered to take a massive pay cut a pompey.still good enough for the prem tho which could work againt us.
    Bang on - I guess he would want to play in the Prem - although realistically there won't be any more England calls for him after the summer so Scott's post may have some legs.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Waaaaaay more likely to see Paddy Kenny or Speroni than James next season.

I don't buy all this 'he's a fan of the charity work' and all that malarky.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

I'd offer James a one year contract and a coaching role but as he has shown this season his body can no longer last a full season especially a 46 match season compared to a 38 match season.

For this reason we still need another keeper good enough for the number 1 shirt.

Comment

James - would be a fantastic signing

Heaton - would be a great number 2

Speroni - would be great if James didn't arrive
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

thats the only thing i have agaisnt ikeme.he doesnt seem to want to throw the ball out even if we got a break on with no oppostion in sight.
            Had Ikeme threw the ball out to Hogan on Saturday instead of kicking it Swansea would not have scored. Hogan was totally unmarked on the right hand side, but he chose to kick it instead. Under Magilton you rarely saw Cerny kick the ball.

Comment

what about the keeper from coventry?cnt think of his name but he's a decent keeper.
              "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

what about the keeper from coventry?cnt think of his name but he's a decent keeper.
                Westwood - Top keeper - Premiership bound methinks!

I like Murphy at Scunny too. He is a very good keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                  Westwood - Top keeper - Premiership bound methinks!

I like Murphy at Scunny too. He is a very good keeper.
                  wot about scott carson
                  had a cracking game against us lol
                  "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Speroni.
                    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                      Speroni.
                      I like Speroni. The main reason I've said Lewis is because Posh are going down and he is a good keeper at this level who is only going to get better.

Comment

I like Speroni. The main reason I've said Lewis is because Posh are going down and he is a good keeper at this level who is only going to get better.

I wouldn't argue with that, Joe Lewis is good.

It's just that EVERY time I've seen Speroni play (usually against us), he's looked superb, and has basically stopped Palace losing games of football on his own.
                        He did it again on saturday at Blackpool.

Speroni is 30, so has a few good years left in him. Plus another Argie might make Faurlin feel more at home!
                        He's quite short for a 'keeper though.
                        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                          I wouldn't argue with that, Joe Lewis is good.

It's just that EVERY time I've seen Speroni play (usually against us), he's looked superb, and has basically stopped Palace losing games of football on his own.
                          He did it again on saturday at Blackpool.

Speroni is 30, so has a few good years left in him. Plus another Argie might make Faurlin feel more at home!
                          He's quite short for a 'keeper though.
                          Forgot that he was an Argie. That definitely would help Faurlin and vice versa.

If Palace stay up will Speroni stay out of loyalty?

Comment

I'd offer James a one year contract and a coaching role but as he has shown this season his body can no longer last a full season especially a 46 match season compared to a 38 match season.

For this reason we still need another keeper good enough for the number 1 shirt.
                            James hasn't been injured this season at all. The injury stories were first leaked to cover the contractual stipulation over his bonus appearance payments that Pompey couldn't afford.

Is 40 this summer though.

Comment

id have to say speroni as my first choice, i mean the blokes around 30 and he is quality. wed get a lot of years out of him, james on the other hand is on the downward slope now... no question which id prefer but if we couldnt get speroni and james came i wouldnt be dissapointed. im thinking about now and the future as opposed to just 'now' i guess but either would be great

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                                James hasn't been injured this season at all. The injury stories were first leaked to cover the contractual stipulation over his bonus appearance payments that Pompey couldn't afford.

Is 40 this summer though.
                                I stand corrected.

Great keeper but hardly one for the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X