4-5 Quality Players Needed Next Season..To Mount Proper Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-5 Quality Players Needed Next Season..To Mount Proper Challenge

Having seen the last two away games, I have been pleased with the players efforts but it does show we lack the quality to make a challenge for the top spots next season.

The team has performed admirably and given their all for the new boss and I doubt warnock could have many complaints, but next season we need to be favourites going to games like Sheffield United and places like Reading, which we are clearly not at the moment.

I'm sure Warnock has already highlighted the weaker areas and has a list drawn up of potential targets, he will get the backing of the men at the top.

For example, our right side going forward does need addressing and another top striker needs to be on the bench or challenging Simpson. Maybe, an argument for having another 2 quality strikers, because its every rare a team goes up with one top scorer. At the back, right and left backs needs addressing, to be fair to Matt Hill he has improved enormously under Warnock and in fact the loan players have done a very good job in all under Warnock, which was a criticism under Hart and Harford where we questioned the efforts from the loans.

Ikeme is a good enough keeper and with Cerny getting on in years, we also need a quality keeper. I know fans like Speroni and he could be the answer, but sure plenty of good goalkeepers out there which can give the defence confidence.

All in all last 4 games, we have seen a great transformation and players trying and at least now we are seeing a 100% effort.

This season if teams like WBA or Newcastle go to these places they would be favourities to win (no guarantees they would), but at the moment these games for us we are no more 50-50 to say win a game at Reading, if we truly expect to gain promotion next season our first 11 on paper at least needs to be better then a team like Reading, at the moment that is not the case.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Wheels are in motion allready, deal been agreed for one player in the summer allready.

Comment

After last nights performace, players such as Ephraim are good squad players but NOT 1st team regulars whom with which we will get promoted with.

Plenty of effort shown by all players but we are 4-5 quality players short of a promotion side.

Comment

Originally posted by eghamhoop View Post
        Wheels are in motion allready, deal been agreed for one player in the summer allready.
        Who?

Comment

Any clues?
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Neil knows whats needed.
            A target list is being assembled

Comment

How about we make sure we stay up first, THEN start to plan ahead?

A novel idea to some "instant success needed" football fans I grant you...........
              I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

any clues on who this player is? bound to be someone at palace.

Comment

Nathanial clyne please

Comment

I would take a guess at Neil Danns

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                      I would take a guess at Neil Danns
                      havent seen much of him but isn't he a bit of a fork lift truck? i know every team needs balance and nothing wrong with having a physical player but wd hope we cd get player who can foul AND pass, or is that greedy in the championship?

Comment

Would you say he is a good un eghamhoop.
                        They seek him here.................

Comment

You just can't help yourself can you?

Comment

Good to see Egham back on the sauce anyway...

Comment

Saw the title of this thread and thought I was in a timewarp. Wasn't this said last season AND the season before?

Still, at least now Warnock is in charge of transfers, the quest for these '4 or 5' players won't involve signing 40 players just to get back to the position where we need 'just 4 or 5 players'.

To be fair, most teams in the Championship could push on if they had almost half a team of the 'right players' coming in and staying injury free...

Comment

Working...
                              X