9 more wins for the playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    I'd love to think so, but its just too much this time of season.

All it takes is one other team to go on a run, plus the top 4 seem pretty cemented. So many teams above us.

If we had Warnock in January, then maybe. Its just too late now. We will finish the season well, but guessing around 62 points by the end of season
    I thought Swansea would never makre the Play Offs?

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
    It wasn't Dowie. It was Warnock. He was employed within weeks of us employing De Canio and took them from 23rd to 5th and lost to Bristol City in the play off semi final.
    Dowie done it with Palace and took them up through the Play Offs but his good run of form stated around xmas I believe not March.

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
    shame we didnt get rid of flabio around christmas time and appointed warnock in january

may well be a different story now
    Shame we got rid of Sousa may well be a different story now.

My own personal view is if we win our next 2 games start dreaming, do I think we'll win our next 2 games....NO!

I think we will fall 2 wins short of The Play Offs and we will be cursing the complete lack of professionalism the squad showed between Dec-Feb.

Comment

id love the play offs but i dont want to go up. the team needs to be totally re built we have only got two or three players who could play in the prem,we would just get murdered and come straight back down give nw a year to build a good team and then we can go up and stay up
      Last edited by wealdstone R; 10-03-2010, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I believe that at least 74 points will be required and therefore 10 wins out of 12 would see us in 6th spot. Unlikely yes, but still possible until we lose or draw 3 more matches.

Comment

I'm pretty certain it won't happen but I'd rather look up than down. So, Leicester and Cardiff are 11 and 9 points above us, but we play both of them. If we're going to make playoffs we must beat them, so assume we do, and gap is 8 and 6. So 11 games, 33 points to make up those points. It's possible.....
          Also, on the other teams, we have a game in hand over all bar barnsley. Win that, and blackpool (the highest excluding Cardiff and Leicester) are 4 points clear (now that is possible to make up in 11 games!)

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            I'm pretty certain it won't happen but I'd rather look up than down. So, Leicester and Cardiff are 11 and 9 points above us, but we play both of them. If we're going to make playoffs we must beat them, so assume we do, and gap is 8 and 6. So 11 games, 33 points to make up those points. It's possible.....
            Also, on the other teams, we have a game in hand over all bar barnsley. Win that, and blackpool (the highest excluding Cardiff and Leicester) are 4 points clear (now that is possible to make up in 11 games!)
            warnock has done it before

Comment

Next two games are away if we lose these we'll be looking over our shoulders again.....

Comment

lets not get complacent.. take it game by game

Comment

Originally posted by scarface View Post
                  Next two games are away if we lose these we'll be looking over our shoulders again.....

but if we were to win them ........................well!!
                  oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Working...
                  X