Just How Good Was Dave Thomas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
    Don't worry mate. I think most of us got it.

Dave Thomas was my favourite player as a kid. Doubtless, it won't be long before some boring poster says he used to play with no shinpads and his socks rolled down.....

Oh, that would be me, then?
    Thats why i ended up with my shins so bruised trying to copy him, it was all his fault.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Dave Thomas was a legend - chalk dust on his boots as the expression went. You could always hear the crowd get louder when he got the ball - awsome! Had the honour of spilling my cup of tea over him on the train when I happened to be in the buffet car with team on their way up to Old Trafford.

Comment

Originally posted by andover66 View Post
        Scott he looked OK on sky sports time of our lives. He teaches sports science I'm told in Portsmouth.
        I think Scott was refering to a certain KUTR'S Dave Thomas and he is right !

Comment

Always remember basing my young childhood footballing days on him, socks rolled down and running down the wing. Amazing what age does to you
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            Always remember basing my young childhood footballing days on him, socks rolled down and running down the wing. Amazing what age does to you
            Really?? I thought Busterbloodvessel would have been more of an idol for you..or Peter Osgood,Chopper Harris etc etc
            From the Hills of Kerry
            To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Did like Bad manners actually, think I was 13 when they came out.

Remember dave thomas when I was around 7.

You'll obviously much older.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

He was one of the gods of Queens Park Rangers. I have never seen a winger since Dave Thomas consistently cut in from the wing and shoot and score from the D.

Whenever that side walked out on to the pitch it was a once in a lifetime privilege to watch them play. They played the best football I have ever seen and I think I ever will.

Comment

best winger we ever had...only brought in due to the horrendous injury to Martyn Busby and turned out to be one of our best ever players...very under rated IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
                    Dave was superb, part of the greatest ever Rangers team. If my memory is right didn't we have 5 England Internationals at that time? Francis, Bowles, Gillard, Thomas, Parles and Mason in the Scotland squad! Happy Days!!
                    Not forgetting Givens and Clement, so 7 altogether.

Comment

Working...
                    X