Forward Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forward Planning

This thread is not to talk about Warnock, Paladini, the past or any nonsense but to talk about the 4/5 strikers you would like to see in a hooped shirt next season. I think we will finish this season safely in mid table but to make a real promotion push we need a group of strikers who play different roles. I will save this thread and bump it to the top once the new season has begun to see who was right and who was just dreaming.

So realistically who do you think we need?

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
    This thread is not to talk about Warnock, Paladini, the past or any nonsense but to talk about the 4/5 strikers you would like to see in a hooped shirt next season. I think we will finish this season safely in mid table but to make a real promotion push we need a group of strikers who play different roles. I will save this thread and bump it to the top once the new season has begun to see who was right and who was just dreaming.

So realistically who do you think we need?
    Simpson (as our main striker)
    Leon Best (doubtful he'll play for The Geordies in the PL, best striker I have seen at LR this season)
    Paul Hayes (from S****horpe seen him play a few times this year and I do believe he would compliment Simpson very well and more so than Hooper)
    German (for the youth)
    Adebola (human battering ram, sort of player you can throw on in the last 10 as you revert to Route 1, give him a 1 year deal)

Comment

Id go with Simpson as he has done so well and now the long term management is sorted he may be convinced to stay!
      German - definitely on for the future
      Simeon Jackson - still putting them away for the Gills
      Hooper - Despite the hype by many on here think he is a big lump who does well an fits warnocks type of player
      Suprise addition (bit of a wish really) Jason Roberts

Comment

Originally posted by bonkerrrrs View Post
        Id go with Simpson as he has done so well and now the long term management is sorted he may be convinced to stay!
        German - definitely on for the future
        Simeon Jackson - still putting them away for the Gills
        Hooper - Despite the hype by many on here think he is a big lump who does well an fits warnocks type of player
        Suprise addition (bit of a wish really) Jason Roberts
        He is 5'9" mate and not a big lump, I reckon you might have him confused with Paul Hayes if you have seen Scunny play?

Comment

Yep It probably is Hayes then - Cheers!

Comment

Simpson - No explanation needed.

German - He deserves to be part of the setup and he seems to want to progress with us. Plus, there's nothing better than seeing one of your own make it from youth to pro.

Ebankes-Blake - One of those players who's too good for this league, but not enough for the Prem. Powerful and quick too.

Henderson - Great in the air. Scores goals and is the type you need aganst towering defenders.

Adebola - As said...the guy is a unit. Coming to the end of his career so would be pleased for any game time with a club challenging. Ideal for both club and player.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Simo
              Kitson
              Hooper
              Jackson
              One of Balanta/ German - the other (or even both) loaned out

That though is merely my favoured strike force, based in part on our recent unsuccessful targets. Suspect Warnock may well go for completely different strikers (eg Henderson) who haven't been on our radar at all.

Comment

Simpson
                German
                Helguson
                Jackson
                Henderson/Stead/Vennegor of Hesselink

Balanta as a backup winger/fw

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                  Simpson - No explanation needed.

German - He deserves to be part of the setup and he seems to want to progress with us. Plus, there's nothing better than seeing one of your own make it from youth to pro.

Ebankes-Blake - One of those players who's too good for this league, but not enough for the Prem. Powerful and quick too.

Henderson - Great in the air. Scores goals and is the type you need aganst towering defenders.

Adebola - As said...the guy is a unit. Coming to the end of his career so would be pleased for any game time with a club challenging. Ideal for both club and player.
                  benny id love ebanks blake to come.only thing is wolves i think will be coming down and id assume he would start for them next season.i think we should try for beattie froms stoke.
                  "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Some realistic options to choose from:

Kitson
                    Hooper
                    McLean
                    Boyd
                    Paterson
                    Fryatt
                    Barnard
                    Rhodes
                    Jackson
                    Austin

Comment

charlie austin
                      simon cox
                      added to simpson, german, balanta and priskin

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Bumping this to canvas more opinions.

Comment

Heider Helgusson
                          Patrick Ageymang
                          Ned Zelic
                          Tamas Priskin
                          Stephan Moore
                          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Some from the mixture from above (Not Bennyboyrs Joke) but hope Leeds stay down then we can try for Beckford

Bhujio
                            Last edited by bhujio; 09-03-2010, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Blackstock
                              Earnshaw
                              Tyson
                              Adebola
                              McGoldrick/McKenna

Don't think Forest will need them in the Premiership.

Comment

Working...
                              X