Squad under Warnock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad under Warnock

OK, this assumes he comes and we don't go down, but what do you think cd be our realistic matchday starting eleven for the first day of next season?

I'd go for something like:

Cerny or Speroni or Heaton (was actually happy with Cerny but if its all over for him with us then one of the other two).

Right back: Legs/ Voltz (don't think Clyne realistic tho loved to be proved wrong)

Left back: Spurr (Sheff Wed in trouble)

Centre half: two of Gorks/ Connolly/ Killgallon

Left midfield: Ambrose/ Cook

Right mid: Buz

Centre: two of Watson/ Faurlin/ Rowlands/ Mahon

Up front: Simpson and either Hooper or Kitson with a couple of decent-ish strikers to come off the bench (Cousin and even Helguson or a young up and coming striker like Jackson).

I'd also love to keep Tarabt but realise that unlikely, and probably not a Warnock kind of player anyway.

Anyway, wd the above be realistic with likely the budgets available (£7m has been mooted)? Is it the kind of team Warnock wd want? Above all, wd it get us up?

You Rs...

I think Ben Watson will be a priority target for Warnock.

Unless a Prem team sign him (WBA?), then I reckon he'll be our player next season.
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Hope you are right Goddard. I got really frustrated with him in his last few games as he was clearly going through the motions but if we cd get him motivated - as presumably he wd be under his old manager - and playing like he did in those opening few games for us I think he cd be a cracking player. The central midfield role is pivotal and (no disrespect intended) you can't rely on Rowlands or Mahon with their injury issues.

Comment

would be nice if rowly come back fully fit next season.is one of if not the most important player in our team IMO
        "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Originally posted by luke_qpr832 View Post
          would be nice if rowly come back fully fit next season.is one of if not the most important player in our team IMO
          imo rowly wouldnt start in any team i considered to be promotion pushers.

he wouldnt get in newcastle or wba starting xi..
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
            imo rowly wouldnt start in any team i considered to be promotion pushers.

he wouldnt get in newcastle or wba starting xi..
            newcastle maybe the exception yeh cos they have nicky butt and kevin nolan,danny guthrie and joey barton who are all premiership class players.

IMO rowly on his day is one of the best outside the prem
            "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Kilgallon is featuring regularly for Sunderland so there is no chance of landing him.

I think Clyne is a realistic target, as is Daniel Fox when Burnley are relegated.

I would love us to sign Heaton or a young number 2 to compete with a more experienced Number 1. Somebody like Speroni, Westwood at Coventry or even Murphy at Scunny would all be good for us.

McLean at Posh, Hooper at Scunny, Church at Reading, Maynard at Bristol City, Barnard at Saints or Austin at Swindon would all be realistic and add depth to the squad.

Kebe at Reading and Lallana at Saints are both having good season and for various would suit a Warnock side.

Comment

Working...
              X