Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data

CR confirmed that our recruitment was based on data. So, with footballers knowing how important that is to their careers, does it mean players are playing to suit their personal data scores?

Does it prevent them from trying something creative in case it goes wrong because it will get recorded as a stray pass? Does it therefore encourage them to undertake a simple sideways or backward passes merely to get a uccessful pass recorded?

I'm starting to wonder whether players are more interested in their personal data scores than being free to help the team succeed. Do their agents drill this into them?

Dunno......perhaps I'm talking nonsense in an attempt to find answers????

I would really like to know what data headings players are scored against

I don't think you are talking nonsense however how deep it goes, as you infer, we cannot be sure.
    Not sure how much we can blame it though as pretty sure GA didn't use that kind of data and we were still regularly poor.

Our long term under achievement is becoming somewhat of a mystery because I think we have some decent players.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      CR confirmed that our recruitment was based on data. So, with footballers knowing how important that is to their careers, does it mean players are playing to suit their personal data scores?

Does it prevent them from trying something creative in case it goes wrong because it will get recorded as a stray pass? Does it therefore encourage them to undertake a simple sideways or backward passes merely to get a uccessful pass recorded?

I'm starting to wonder whether players are more interested in their personal data scores than being free to help the team succeed. Do their agents drill this into them?

Dunno......perhaps I'm talking nonsense in an attempt to find answers????

I would really like to know what data headings players are scored against
      I think you have hit the nail on the head here sheep. Explains why our defenders are happy to knock it about between themselves rather than playing forwards, their passing stats must be great. Though not sure the likes of Cook and Fox would really care about that being towards the end of their careers, although if it gets them
      one last pay day then maybe!

Comment

We are bottom of the table: this should tell them something about that lazy method of recruitment. Stick the algorithm where the sun doesn't shine.

Comment

Anyone who works with data knows the importance of the interpretation - you can’t trust it blind. That interpretation needs experience - who’s in the club with that experience? Certainly not the guy know thinks you get points for possession in your own half

Comment

Recruiting by data is lazy and not cost effective
            their is no way anyone watched santos, madsen and saito

madsen can’t run
            santos can’t play football
            saito not hit puberty
            Nardi pretty decent
            and dembele decent

but you have to get off your #### at times to do some groundwork

I’ve watched all bar 1 of our games this season and we’re shi te

also watched 3 l1 sides and at least seen 3cm in their better than madsen and Barton from Cambridge ok injured at mo ripped us apart

all for data but yes it when scouting not an excuse for sitting and signing by spreadsheet

Comment

I went a couple of years ago to watch my pals boy play for Fulham V man utd in a development game .
              Talk about boring and playing to stats , it went sideways and backwards all game .
              All of them to scared to try and dribble and take players on in case they lost the ball .
              Obviously u have the exception , but they were few and far between.

Comment

Working...
              X