Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Marti we trust……

…..but for how long?

I guess until the next international break .

Comment

So we or he needs a minimum of 7 or 8 points from Coventry, Burnley,Sunderland, boro and Leeds good luck with that !!

Comment

Ainsworth kept us up and got sacked after a poor start to following season and a run of 6 successive defeats.

Marti kept us up and currently has a point less than Ainsworth had after 10 games. Marti has 4 losses on the spin, he's therefore 1 week or 2 games away from mirroring the exact circumstanses that saw Gareth booted out.

Individuals are free to keep simping for Marti or "trusting him" (what does that even mean?) but I want him gone - he doesn't know how to put together an EFL promotion campaign, we lack too many basic EFL prerequisites and he is not living up to the hype or reputation that surrounds him. I call it hype cos there's no sign of any meaningful success on his CV and you could argue things Peter out pretty quickly everywhere he goes.

The club cannot let an underperforming manager just drift along racking up losses and the odd draw - its unacceptable.

Comment

If things don’t improve , the international break seems the most likely time to change things , we need crusty old campaigner to get us out of another hole . Any ideas ???

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            Ainsworth kept us up and got sacked after a poor start to following season and a run of 6 successive defeats.

Marti kept us up and currently has a point less than Ainsworth had after 10 games. Marti has 4 losses on the spin, he's therefore 1 week or 2 games away from mirroring the exact circumstanses that saw Gareth booted out.

Individuals are free to keep simping for Marti or "trusting him" (what does that even mean?) but I want him gone - he doesn't know how to put together an EFL promotion campaign, we lack too many basic EFL prerequisites and he is not living up to the hype or reputation that surrounds him. I call it hype cos there's no sign of any meaningful success on his CV and you could argue things Peter out pretty quickly everywhere he goes.

The club cannot let an underperforming manager just drift along racking up losses and the odd draw - its unacceptable.
            Promotion campaign? Our best scenario is lower mid table and that seems like folly at the moment.

Comment

Never bought into this 2nd coming , look I wish it did work out for him but we just seem to roll over every week , no passion or grit in the team .
              He has to go

Comment

Can’t lay all the blame at his door but that goes with the job description. Our team looks like eleven blokes who get together for a knock once a week and then back to their real jobs on Monday.

Comment

My theory is he makes it too complicated for the players we actually have . No stats but feels quite a few of our goals come from a hoof ball or a corner! I also wonder if he’s asked the players for feedback on what he’s asking them to do.

Comment

Suspect the recent signing of long term contract will save him. Owners won't want to pay up now.

Comment

Marti picked the best team he could today, but it's hardly his fault what Fox and Chair did. There's only so much a manager can do.

im sure our signings were 75% Nooray's but Marti had to have had some input, even if it was just an approval. How we never signed cover for Colback is a head scratcher!!

I think it's inevitable that Morgan will start on Tuesday. We have to find something strong in the middle. He seems to have an engine on him, so he has to do the graft that Madsen isn't capable of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Promotion campaign? Our best scenario is lower mid table and that seems like folly at the moment.
                        What team doesn't start campaign feeling they can't sneak into 6th spot? Aside from teams just promoted from L1, EVERY team should feel it's doable. Preston have been firmly midtable for past two seasons yet finished no more than 2 or 3 wins from 6th.

Marti has ballsed up too many crunch games last season and this season against teams in our mini-league. I don't think he gets the 46-game EFL cycle one bit and hence my comment he will never get us anywhere near to promotion. This isn't a kneejerk reaction: its my take on him after 1 year, 2 windows and 40+ games.

Even if we sneak a few results I'd still be hugely uneasy about his style of play - I find us hugely frustrating, dull and boring to watch under him. I'm no purist and I'd take winning ugly 9 times out of 10. But, losing ugly is not on at all.

Comment

He's over complicating things, and I'm shocked that he doesn't see that.

Recruitment may have been poor in some cases but i'd suggest overall it's an improvement on last season, on Dembele looks good at the moment, the rest are being made to look average. I feel there's something missing at the back and I'm going to blame the keeper to a degree, communication is key, but largely the fact we do not have a settled 3, 4 or 5 at the back. So important.

Then he's focusing too much on creating a style of play to breakdown or disrupt the oppostion team by team, game by game. We are not that good.

We are good enough to pass and move. We don't need direct hoofball. We have a team that is delicate, with enough skill throughout the park to play quick passing football that focuses on movement and getting the ball forward. Use Dembele, Saito, Chair, create chances.

Feel like we're in a Man Utd style identity crisis on the pitch and players are being made to look worse than they are, square pegs round holes.

Comment

Personally, I have lost the vast majority of confidence I had in him.

He needs to learn tippy toe football between our goalie and the defenders does not work in W12, and he needs to learn that very very quickly, if not buena compra, amigo.
                            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

He needs to take a step back and look at things objectively. He came in last season and save for a few additions in January made the best out of what he had and did a great job. Needs to do the same this season or he will be in trouble before long as will the club. No part of our team is working at the moment and even allowing for injuries we should have a had a few wins, not one from twelve.

I get trying to establish a style of play for the club as a whole and it may take time to gel. However there is no point trying to completely change the way the first team plays. It has to be done incrementally as we recruit players for that style. We simply do not have the players for what I suspect we are trying to do. We are not Man City who have a team that not only is full of ability but also graft.

The third smallest player budget is no excuse. We did decently last season after an awful start, have added this summer and should not be where we are. There are some good players there.

Mistakes were made in the summer. We did not sort out the full back positions and being left with just two first team strikers (ignoring yoof) was bordering criminal.

We should be able to move quickly going forwards and create chances. Make the spine of the team solid again and get the ball up quickly to Dembele, Chair, Saito, Smyth, Anderson, whoever is playing, and once they have it, and depending on which of them has it, either move the ball quickly or run into channels and get the ball into the box. Try two up top, particularly at home, and get balls to them.

Marti is a bright guy but over the next handful of games needs to show there is a plan to get us back on the straight and narrow. We are enough into the season to know we are not where we are due to bad luck, missing chances etc. We are where we are because we are not set up correctly and are easy to play against.

Comment

Working...
                              X