Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries

Besoccer.com (whoever they are) have JCS down for a mid November return from a knee injury and Colback as late October from a leg injury. I was hoping they'd return after the International break. Anybody have any fresh news?

One thing women's football has highlighted is the wear and tear modern football causes. As their fixture list has grown and the intensity has upped they've been picking up injuries at an alarming rate. There's a ground swell in the men's game to do something about the constant adding of games to the calendar and schedules distorted by TV too.

JCS and Colback are big misses. You have to say that JCS has had a very stop-start time with us and itll be a massive blow if he continues in this vein. As much as I want him back pronto, he really needs to get "110%" fit before even thinking of joining the grind again so if that means being out a tad longer it's a price worth playing. As for Jack, I really want him back too but I'm fearing old father time is catching up with him. He strikes me as only having one setting: full-throttle. Not sure it's in his psyche to try and slow done and conserve himself but he might have to from now on... it's no use him being in a cycle of playing a couple and then missing a few.

Comment

Agree but we really don't have like for like replacements which is why they are missed so much.

Comment

JCS a good player but we knew there was a chance he would leave in the summer and as such should be able to cope without him. We have Dunne, Fox and Morrison who can all play CB. Whilst being without him is a loss it should not be fundamental.

Same with Chair and I suspect some of our incomings were partly with a view to filling any void left by him going.

We recruited midfielders in the summer and again should be able to cope with the loss of Colback without it being too much of a drama.

Appreciate replacements not necessarily like for like but for me they are not an explanation for our current woes. It is out style of play which is the bigger problem than having a few players out.

Comment

JCS , settles the defence , we are much better with him than without .
          A big miss.

Comment

Working...
          X