Man City Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man City Case

As they won part of the case today, ie you CAN charge what you like for commercial deals linked to clubs ownerships, from what I gather, if you have a Santa Clause owner and put his name on a stand or shirt you can charge what you like so for the Bhatia stand we can renegotiate for 30 Mil and our problems go away ?

Or is it just Prem Clubs ?

AND I maybe completely wrong.

No football for a couple of weeks so nothing else to talk about

Originally posted by SoCal View Post
    As they won part of the case today, ie you CAN charge what you like for commercial deals linked to clubs ownerships, from what I gather, if you have a Santa Clause owner and put his name on a stand or shirt you can charge what you like so for the Bhatia stand we can renegotiate for 30 Mil and our problems go away ?

Or is it just Prem Clubs ?

AND I maybe completely wrong.

No football for a couple of weeks so nothing else to talk about
    The case was brought against the Premier League.

BBut if there's a legal ruling on one particular issue then surely there's be a precedent that would be tested against the FA. But, i think Ive heard the terms of FA membership is that you cannot challenge their decisions in court. If you do, you risk being thrown out of their competition.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

The case was brought against the Premier League.

BBut if there's a legal ruling on one particular issue then surely there's be a precedent that would be tested against the FA. But, i think Ive heard the terms of FA membership is that you cannot challenge their decisions in court. If you do, you risk being thrown out of their competition.
      If that's true (that you can't challenge the FA), it's so draconian and almost criminal in itself. Denying people or organisations legal recourse.

Comment

It's not that clearcut. The ruling says that clamping down on commercial deals is a restriction on trade but also concedes that there needs to be some control of such deals - It's a classic legal fudge or cop-out designed to rack up £millions more in fees as the argument rumbles on without any substantive and final outcome. I say "legal" but its not even gone that far, its just some sort of internal arbitration hearing. I would guess if it eventually does censure City, they'll just drag it into the courts for a formal hearing. That will drag on for years and probably bankrupt the Prem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

If that's true (that you can't challenge the FA), it's so draconian and almost criminal in itself. Denying people or organisations legal recourse.
          I just googled "Is the rules of the football association that clubs can not sue the FA in court"

The AI response was "Yes, the Football Association (FA) rules prohibit clubs from suing the FA in court:​​​​​"

Perhaps this was one of the reasons for the breakaway from the FA and the creation of the Premier League. They didn't like the FA rules.

Comment

Working...
          X