Madsen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanfan View Post
    Maden a young guy who looks extremely good to me. everybody makes a mistake.
    He is probably a very good player, could the problem be the Championship is played at a must faster pace and far more physical than he is used too, raw meat and iced baths are then required.

Infact, Derby’s second goal proves why tippy toe football is wrong, a mistake by Madsen and Paal, two touches from them and they score.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

So if tippy tappy isn't the answer and Gareth's style isn't the answer......can someone explain to me what is?

When i played as a LB, I was always told to clear my lines when under pressure. Get the ball upfield and away from danger. It was rare for me to put leather through the ball, but it was played out to Left Mid or a ball into space for the winger to run onto as quickly as possible. Playing neat triangles around your penalty box was, and still is, plain daft. Keepers didnt hoof the ball upfield, theyd pass the ball to one of our players and we'd rarely lose possession from a goal kick.

I'd rather watch the football from the 70-80s than the shite we get given today. Too many lower league players trying to play like top end champions league teams.

Comment

I’ll go with Gordon Jago or Dave Sexton’s style’s, failing that Warnock’s, infact anything than the crap we have played for the last couple of years.

Possession should only be counted when in the opposition half, that would concentrate a few coach’s minds.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Warnock for me as he got the whole team working for each other. With slow paced tippy tappy, it must be easy to get into a training ground drill type trance, and when concentration levels drop mistakes happen. I think players are overcoached with set plays and phases etc.

Get them on the pitch and let them work it all out and concentration levels will improve and sloppy errors reduced.

I dont think the formation will change, Marti isn't leaving any time soon and we won't be getting relegated either. I'm sure we'll end up 12-16th.

Comment

Working...
          X