No announcement yet.

Plain Daft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apart from one game (forget which) Colback was poor for me. The new guys are young and we need to give them a bit of time. Some of the interplays yesterday were very good but first goal was dire defending and the heads dropped for a minute so they score. No clean sheets all year down to a variety of terrible individual mistakes and unlucky deflections which can turn quickly if team keep belief and don’t panic .

Comment

QPRFCJim said ..

Although I think perhaps Marti's trying to get us playing in a style that perhaps at least some of these players aren't good enough to pull off. You can't make a silk purse...

I think he is close to the truth when he said the above. Plaudits for trying to play your way Marti (and Christian). However this cannot be. Persist with this and many teams will get 3 easy points and we will be in deep trouble. I hope there is a plan B.​

Comment

A word that has been used a lot for us in recent seasons but we need a reset! If we are to drag ourselves out of the mire again we need more bite and solidity. It is far more than just getting JCS back albeit yes he has been missed. We escaped last season by being solid and nicking the off goal here and there. We were never that convincing going forwards in the main. Get solid again and rely on whoever of our more creative midfielders we play and striker to do the nicking. If we can get to that then maybe the likes of Celar, Madsen, Varane can settle in and improve. At the moment they are not working but would not write them off longer term as we brought them in for a reason and they can't all be duds. Have a feeling once we are more settled and solid Anderson will improve again.

On the other hand if we can't improve we could have a great season in League One coming up!

Comment

Anyone think it may be a good idea to recall Larkeche from Dundee if indeed that is possible? He's scored twice in the Scottish Premier League already this season. The defence that he was part of did squander a 3 goal lead very late on in their last match but we did concede twice in a minute so eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
            Anyone think it may be a good idea to recall Larkeche from Dundee if indeed that is possible? He's scored twice in the Scottish Premier League already this season. The defence that he was part of did squander a 3 goal lead very late on in their last match but we did concede twice in a minute so eh.
            Kakay is still a free agent if you think he's better?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Kakay is still a free agent if you think he's better?
              I honestly don't know, Paal doesn't inspire with confidence at LB sometimes. I suppose when JCS is back and we can put Jimmy back at RB, the back 4 looks loads better so maybe just gotta avoid injuries and we're sorted.

Comment

I thought Larkeche was looking promising. I would definitely have moved Paal on before him.

Comment

Working...
                X