Could we play without a forward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we play without a forward?

Have chair,dembele, anderson and saito in all at once as I see there are most dangerous players and we still have smyth and kolli on bench as back ups. I don't see il centre forwards being threatening only as a 2 which I doubt would happen under marti. It's almost like a false 9 team

We have been since Austin left.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

No. I think we should actually think about playing 2 forwards or possibly even 3 in a 4-3-3. I don't think we can carry off 4-3-3 though cos our fullbacks are poor but I dunno why we can't give 4-4-2 a whirl.

Whatever the formation, we do seem a bit hamstrung by too many players short of the quality and/or ruggedness needed for the EFL Championship. It kinda feels like rearranging the deckchairs on The Titanic at the moment.

Comment

I'd like to see Lloyd get a run upfront alongside frey. He's better than celar. At least he can run with the ball and looks to take people on. I have no idea what celar does apart from looking lost and disinterested mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
          I'd like to see Lloyd get a run upfront alongside frey. He's better than celar. At least he can run with the ball and looks to take people on. I have no idea what celar does apart from looking lost and disinterested mostly.
          Celar is a good player, he needs a bit of time to adjust to the league, he needs a bit of good fortune to give him the confidence and he needs the fans to believe in him. He played (briefly) against England in the Euro Championships, he's no donut.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Celar is a good player, he needs a bit of time to adjust to the league, he needs a bit of good fortune to give him the confidence and he needs the fans to believe in him. He played (briefly) against England in the Euro Championships, he's no donut.
            No one is doubting his ability but it's his lack of movement and he needs to start dominating his opponent. He is too nice and needs to impose himself. Frey is actually around the same size and might even be slightly smaller yet he puts himself around. Celar needs to show that if he's not going to win the ball then at least them make it a bunfight and not allow cb to win it ball easily. Fans will always back a player who puts a shift in.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              fact

Comment

Can see the thinking behind it, lots of fluid running etc but I just don't see many goals in that. None of them would hit double figures. Most likely 5-8 goals a season if they played in most games. Would probably be lucky to get 20-25 goals out of them.

In my view better mixing it up a bit, playing sometimes with two up top and moving the ball quicker given we do on paper at least have some good more attacking/creative players. The current way we are playing does not take advantage of that.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  Can see the thinking behind it, lots of fluid running etc but I just don't see many goals in that. None of them would hit double figures. Most likely 5-8 goals a season if they played in most games. Would probably be lucky to get 20-25 goals out of them.

In my view better mixing it up a bit, playing sometimes with two up top and moving the ball quicker given we do on paper at least have some good more attacking/creative players. The current way we are playing does not take advantage of that.
                  Spot on. Why do we play the same predictable format week after week. Surely it broadcasts our playing style to all opponents and they know exactly how to set up to counter it.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                    Never really replaced him have we... I remember watching one of his last games against Sheffield Utd, he scored and put a defensive shift in as well. We knew he was on his way at that point and it felt a big old ominous hole to fill.

Comment

Chaz was great during this first stint and the loan. But when he signed permanent the second time he was absolutely finished.

5 goals (including one pen) from 34 games was a shocking return for season 21/22.

Comment

Working...
                      X