Hayden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayden

When we signed varane I thought that would mean that hayden wasn't going to be brought back. Stopping our own players getting mins, allowing them to get up to speed, developing our own etc.......but it's clear to see how much we miss hayden. Field is doing the work of 2 players every week. Surely the club should be looking to get Hayden back on a contract until the summer? Are we being pigheaded/stubborn by refusing the put the SOS call out already??

If Newcastle have no plans for him they should come up with a deal, pay him off and make him a free agent. We can sign him straight away then. No need to wait till Jan the way we're going!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      If Newcastle have no plans for him they should come up with a deal, pay him off and make him a free agent. We can sign him straight away then. No need to wait till Jan the way we're going!
      I'm surprised he's still available. I know he won't come cheap but if we let a couple go out on loan it will make sense to get him in. Edb and kolli aren't going to get games so get them out plus colback and field will be injured/suspended at some point. What happens then??

Comment

I think its actually Colback we miss more!

Comment

You can never have too much experience. If we lose cook at some point then we have a serious lack of on field leadership and decision makers. Field isn't too bad but it's clear that Cook is the main talker out there and nor afraid of giving someone an earful if needs be. Hayden and colback are natural leaders.

Comment

Hayden by Championship standards on huge wage at Newcastle and I believe two years left. I am sure Newcastle would pay him off a bit but would expect Hayden to take a hit too and he would be giving up an awful lot of money to then get a Championship wage. Would be nice if a deal could be done at some stage but think if anything does happen it is likely to be a January loan and then see how things stand in summer.

We would benefit from having him here but suspect well outside of budget at present.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Hayden by Championship standards on huge wage at Newcastle and I believe two years left. I am sure Newcastle would pay him off a bit but would expect Hayden to take a hit too and he would be giving up an awful lot of money to then get a Championship wage. Would be nice if a deal could be done at some stage but think if anything does happen it is likely to be a January loan and then see how things stand in summer.

We would benefit from having him here but suspect well outside of budget at present.
              Pinning our hopes on Eze getting sold again then.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Pinning our hopes on Eze getting sold again then.
                To release funds generally then probably yes. However even if Newcastle did not charge a transfer fee then Hayden would likely want high end Championship wage and whilst he had a decent spell with us and I like him as a player is that the best use of our budget? Could probably get at least two players in on say and average Championship wage instead.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

To release funds generally then probably yes. However even if Newcastle did not charge a transfer fee then Hayden would likely want high end Championship wage and whilst he had a decent spell with us and I like him as a player is that the best use of our budget? Could probably get at least two players in on say and average Championship wage instead.
                  I think we have enough "average" in the squad as it is. Even though the championship average wage is probably more than our average salary I think we need some quality in the middle. Capology states we've got Cook on £30k a week, and the same states Hayden is on £22k a week at Newcastle.

But, FFS how difficult can it be to find a player with a decent engine and the ability to play no nonsense football....? You'd think they'd be two to a penny in L1 as stopping someone playing is a lot easier than being a Taarabt!! Too much focus on touch players and no enough on getting a strong spine

Comment

For some reason I thought he was on an awful lot more. On that basis if Newcastle are willing to help a bit and he is willing to go down a bit then no reason a deal couldn't be done at some point. However I suspect given our other signings this is not in the club's mind.

Comment

His contract runs to June 2026, so I guess Newcastle are holding out for a transfer fee. I can't see us paying anything but a nominal fee for a player who'll be 30yrs next March. Might be worth us paying £250k if we get some Eze money though??

Comment

Dunno what the fuss is. I thought he was OK but I can't recall any game in which he was more than 7/10 - just cos Varane is 2/10 doesn't mean we need Hayden, particularly if his wages are high. I'd rather see EDB get some run-outs when Field and Colback are out.

Anyway, something needs to give with our formation/tactics. Saito and Dembele have to start, I'll call them attackers in a 4-3-3 with Frey. That just leaves 3 "midfield" berths for Chair, Madsen, Field, Colback, Andersen, EDB and Varane. I think we should have enough there to cope whilst Varane (hopefully) gets up to speed. Also, with Dunne, Cook and Millar available for CB I reckon JCS is classy enough to make a fist of moving forwards 10yds and playing a holding midfielder role if needed. In fact, I'd quite like to see him give that a go one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          Dunno what the fuss is. I thought he was OK but I can't recall any game in which he was more than 7/10 - just cos Varane is 2/10 doesn't mean we need Hayden, particularly if his wages are high. I'd rather see EDB get some run-outs when Field and Colback are out.

Anyway, something needs to give with our formation/tactics. Saito and Dembele have to start, I'll call them attackers in a 4-3-3 with Frey. That just leaves 3 "midfield" berths for Chair, Madsen, Field, Colback, Andersen, EDB and Varane. I think we should have enough there to cope whilst Varane (hopefully) gets up to speed. Also, with Dunne, Cook and Millar available for CB I reckon JCS is classy enough to make a fist of moving forwards 10yds and playing a holding midfielder role if needed. In fact, I'd quite like to see him give that a go one day.
                          Edb is not good enough for the Championship. He looked out of place versus Cambridge. He's too lightweight and the game passes him by. He's technically good but in the Championship being strong and physical will top trump technique unfortunately. We need someone to put their foot in and do the ugly stuff.

Comment

We need this guy back asap. Absolutely no leadership in this team apart from cook. So poor in the middle of the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                            X