No announcement yet.

Our style of play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another issue with styles of play is that the championship has teams with alot of different ways of playing. My opinion was that on Tuesday trying to press high played into hulls hands rather opposite to Blackburn game where I would of pressed high. Easy saying that now I guess but it's such a tough strange league

Comment

When I played in the 80/90s when we attacked the defence stayed on the half way line and we worked out the rest as it went along

Holly knows what style that is called today, but we never bothered with phases, ball recycling, second balls and such ######. I'm not sure if I even played football listening to these young chaps reinvent the game with their bs talk.

If Marti can't sort out this nonsense I assume that ol' useless know nothing dinosaur Warnock will bring some plain speaking to proceedings.

Comment

Admittedly I only concentrated on first half of England v Greece last night but I didn't half chuckle at sight of England pissfarting about with the ball in their own half, but Greece played like Dinosaurs.... tight compact shape, hard running AND always looking to quickly get forward. The amount of times Greece had England scrambling back cos the tippy-tappy nonsense had broken down was staggering.

Made me think if England's finest players can't make this nonsensical approach work it's no surprise our players are making such a pig's ear of it! England get done by Greece, we get done by effing Hull and Derby..... in all three cases the opposition are made to look far better than they are too.

Comment

Well said Abseits. My feelings precisely. The game is being overthought massively. Also it becomes ever more boring as it does. This "thread" of playing a certain way, which is apparently running through our club, may see us relegated if persisted with in the Championship. A real shame as we have such potential.
          Can't say any more. It all seems so obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            Admittedly I only concentrated on first half of England v Greece last night but I didn't half chuckle at sight of England pissfarting about with the ball in their own half, but Greece played like Dinosaurs.... tight compact shape, hard running AND always looking to quickly get forward. The amount of times Greece had England scrambling back cos the tippy-tappy nonsense had broken down was staggering.

Made me think if England's finest players can't make this nonsensical approach work it's no surprise our players are making such a pig's ear of it! England get done by Greece, we get done by effing Hull and Derby..... in all three cases the opposition are made to look far better than they are too.
            Spot on
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

My only question on this 'playing from the back system' is ... what exactly it brings to a team? If you're not Man. City with all the quality they posses, it just make a team vulnerable to mistakes from the opponent high press or give time to the opposition to organise well in their half. I have full trust in MC and hope he will be able to turn things for the better.

Comment

Maybe the problem is everyone wants to be the new Pep.
                He does it with players that are comfortable on the ball , want the ball and know when to get rid .

Comment

Beggars can't be choosers. Adopting a style of play throughout the club is all well and good but if it leaves our first team precariously hovering above the trap door for most of the season I'm not sure it's worth the risk. Relegation would be disastrous.

I dont know, maybe it will come good when Chair comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    Maybe the problem is everyone wants to be the new Pep.
                    He does it with players that are comfortable on the ball , want the ball and know when to get rid .
                    And for all Pep's genius you can't ignore fact his squad cost about £1Billion to assemble. Dunno what our squad cost, £8Miillion maybe? Blimey, think we may have been robbed!

Comment

Working...
                    X