Our style of play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our style of play

Do you think the way we play is to do with our centre backs are slow? We don't really press we generally sit off and we seem static in positions so we r just set.Centre midfield players seem defensive

Whether they can I don't know but we don't move the ball quick enough.
    we are ponderous and predictable.
    Allowing oppo to get into there shape

Comment

It's just been covered on the YouTube Fans Forum.

CR stated that we play the same style of football from U8 upwards. Also, we will only recruit coaches that have a proven success with this model. We'll have a long wait to see a more aggressive / direct style of play it would seem.

Comment

Yes coaches that all can play a certain way is right at all levels within the club but we have to buy well too, no ball carriers in the middle of park when we've bought players. Like varane and madsen who seem static is a worry, you would see more energy from Dixon bonner and benny

Comment

It does baffle me how so many modern pros lack the ability to trap a ball dead, pass straight and just be comfortable in possession. Blimey, being genuinely two-footed is a real rarity. I think coaches need to be mindful of their players' limitations before implementing fancy technical tactics to the game.

I've noticed when we're huffing and puffing trying to walk the ball out from the back now we've started trying to chip/dink the ball over the pressing markers. Seems risky asking a player who cant ping a ball 1oyds across the turf to accurately dink it. It also means the receiving player gets a bouncing bobbling ball and will most likely need extra touch(s) to bring ball under control. This really is a recipe for disaster in my view.

Unless all 6/7 defensive players can confidently move the ball with zip and pace it just seems suicidal to be spooning the ball about sideways back and forth amongst themselves across the box. Just one pass goes awry and there's a chain reaction with each subsequent pass/touch getting more hurried and scrambled before possession is lost or ball gets wellied upfield.

I'm not a fan of it at all and find it a very tedious hard watch - I'm already steeling myself to be watching from behind the couch tonight....

Comment

Keystone Cops is our style!

Comment

Has our playing out from the back cost is many or any goals?
              I didn't watch the hull game, not sure if this is more of a topic because of something happened there?

But I don't recall this style that everyone says will lead to disaster that we've been trying to play for a season actually costing us any conceded goals? I don't recall a stray back pass and boom the attackers score as a result?

Maybe it's time to stop the doom and gloom and accept it's not any more risky than any other style, even with our current players.

As for the lack of ability for us to play out from there, that's a different story

Comment

Personally think our main issues are in defence, midfield and attack. That aside we are heading in the right direction.

Comment

I think thats harsh Fox. The reality is we have the best manager in this division and we're extremely lucky to have him. The stick that's been flying around is harsh. I understand results aren't where they need to be but I agree with every word that comes out of Marti mouth and he gets it. He will resolve our problems because he won't just panic and unlike fans on here he will use common sense and logic to turn our season around. Too many passionate fans getting carried away far too early imo.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    I think thats harsh Fox. The reality is we have the best manager in this division and we're extremely lucky to have him. The stick that's been flying around is harsh. I understand results aren't where they need to be but I agree with every word that comes out of Marti mouth and he gets it. He will resolve our problems because he won't just panic and unlike fans on here he will use common sense and logic to turn our season around. Too many passionate fans getting carried away far too early imo.
                    Hard to say we’ve got the best manager in the league but we have got the best we have had for a long time I’ll give him that. We need a plan b imo we didn’t play that bad last night but schoolboy errors and Santos is garbage don’t help

Comment

I did say we are heading in the right direction generally, just a few areas needing improvement. There is no point panicking and repeating our past mistakes and the same mistakes that so many teams make. We need a clear plan and have to stick to it through the pain. Depressing though it would be I would back the current regime even if we got relegated. Constant short term thinking over many years is what got us into this mess.

I had just hoped after last season we would have a nice uneventful year around the middle of the table. One win in ten suggests otherwise.

Derby, Pompey and Coventry all winnable and we need to shape up and win two of those to steady the ship. Knowing us we will lose all three then win convincingly away to Burnley. Four of our next six games at home. We have been poor at home for a long time now, that needs to change. Ideal opportunity to get some wins on the board and climb the table a bit, no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        Personally think our main issues are in defence, midfield and attack. That aside we are heading in the right direction.
                        Glad to hear its only a localised problem.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          I rate Marti but to say he's the best manager in this division is a stretch. He worked miracles last year and deserved the praise that came his way. But we haven't carried on the form we finished last season with. Our preseason form was a worry and it's continued. Granted we actually played very well last night until hull scored but we all know that if we concede early we never look that convincing that we will turn things around. I hope we correct that v derby. I'm looking forward to going.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

I rate Marti but to say he's the best manager in this division is a stretch. He worked miracles last year and deserved the praise that came his way. But we haven't carried on the form we finished last season with. Our preseason form was a worry and it's continued. Granted we actually played very well last night until hull scored but we all know that if we concede early we never look that convincing that we will turn things around. I hope we correct that v derby. I'm looking forward to going.
                            Any game in this league is winnable rarely you get a team dominating it even when Burnley did we turned them over

Derby I think will be a defeat, we miss Jcs as we need dunne at Rb santos can’t start again or we just asking for trouble

Comment

Marti would have been involved in the players we brought in. Unless most drastically improve he has legitimate questions to answer about the summer recruitment

Comment

Working...
                              X