Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League Cup 3rd Round Draw - 22:15ish Tonight

Strange format.....

The seven Prem teams involved in European competition join in tonight, that's very nice of them isnt it!?

However, for some reason they are not allowed to play each other in this 3rd round. I've scratched my head to understand logic behind this but can't come up with anything. Slight fly in the ointment is Chelscum as they technically haven't qualified yet so they are allowed to play another of the "Euro" teams. Still with me. Good.....

So, there will be TWO pots tonight: one containing the six clubs in Europe the other containing the rest of us plebs plus Chelscum.

As far as I can tell, for the first six ties they will draw a ball from the pleb pot followed by a ball from the Euro pot. So we might be drawn against Man City. BUT there will have been some sort of pre-draw of the Euro clubs to decide if they play home or away. So for first six ties, the fact that pleb ball is drawn first is irrelevant in terms of who plays at home.

Once the first six ties have been drawn, all the nonsense should end and it'll revert to a normal draw with all balls coming out of the one pleb pot.

It would be perfect if Alan Partridge was master of ceremonies tonight tasked with explaining things......

Clear as mud

We're ball nos 20 btw.

Hopefully a decent draw because after policing and stewarding costs I reckon we've made about a tenner from the competition so far.

Comment

Hoping for Tottenham or West Ham away

Comment

Home to Palace

Comment

Its Palace at home.

Comment

Cup game, london darby, under the light's full house,fantastic

Comment

Love it

Comment

Love that draw as half my family are Palarse fans

Comment

Where is Clive Allen when you need him.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Was hoping for a big away draw like spurs or an easy home game so we could progress but looks to be an interesting London derby that will have a full house to see it.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Round 1 (35 teams) – (total 70 teams enters round 1) £5,000
                      Round 2 (24 teams) – (13 premier league teams join) £7,000
                      Round 3 (16 teams) – (24 round-2 winners joined by 8 premier league teams playing in Europe) £10,000
                      Round 4 (8 teams) – (winners of round 2) £15,000
                      Quarterfinals (4 teams) – £20,000
                      Semifinals (2 teams) – £25,000
                      Runners-up (1 team) – £50,000
                      Winners (1 team) – £100,000
                      • 45% of the gate receipts for every home and away game from Round 1 to the Finals
                      • Part of broadcasting money to teams who’s games are shown live in UK territory
                      • £100,000 for the winner of Carabao (EFL) Cup
                      • £50,000 for the runners-up
                      Wonder what our gate receipts would be from a sell out ?

Comment

About £450,000 at 18000 ticket at £25 each, £540,000 at £30 each as so on.

Do Palace get 50% of the recipes?
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

45% each 10% to FA

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

Nothing like that, time you allow for free under 8’s and all the other concessions, you would be lucky to average £15 a ticket, probably less.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Nothing like that, time you allow for free under 8’s and all the other concessions, you would be lucky to average £15 a ticket, probably less.
                              Yes. And I'm not convinced it's a sell-out either. We should give them both tiers, no point in having a smattering of Rs fans in lower tier and losing £25K.

It should be a decent crowd though, 16Kish, and possibility of progression - I don't see them as being much different from Luton and although they have tons of money from selling their best players Parrish seems averse to spending it. If their mediocre campaign continues they will be coming to us in a grumpy frame of mind and there to be got at.

Comment

Working...
                              X