No announcement yet.

Reading Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little uninspiring. Squad wasn't sharp. I don't care about scores. It is a little concerning about real chances being made and the fluidity of our play. Chair missing is a huge problem as we will lose him for the ACN. Hopefully, if Eze is sold and we have an influx of cash we can make a signing or two along with quality loan signings. Not worried but if no quality signings are made I will be.

Comment

Disappointed by the result and the performance. We were too slow in moving forward, our only threat seems to come from Smyth. He was unlucky not to score. The goal we conceded was a huge mistake from Paal. Dykes injured himself again and the new striker Celar did not show enough. Too early to judge I assume. Not many positives to be honest.

Comment

I have no idea which game Andy Sinton is watching but that performance will get us no points in the coming season.
        That was as anaemic display as I have seen.
        It was poor, heavy on possession and light on ideas and forward flow.
        Dykes is nothing more than a target lump, and nothing I've seen changes my mind.
        To play him in the just behind the striker role, is like using teaspoon to dig a flower bed. Total waste of time.
        Kolli always looks lively, but I'm wondering if Paal is thinking of moving on.
        I think we need another winger/forward, another two centre mids, and another forward.

Poor, must do better. Hope they can rekindle last season's post January backs to the wall fight, spirit and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by lordflashhart View Post
          A little uninspiring. Squad wasn't sharp. I don't care about scores. It is a little concerning about real chances being made and the fluidity of our play. Chair missing is a huge problem as we will lose him for the ACN. Hopefully, if Eze is sold and we have an influx of cash we can make a signing or two along with quality loan signings. Not worried but if no quality signings are made I will be.
          There's no AFCON next season. There was one scheduled for Summer 2025 (just 18 months after last one!) but that's been booted until Jan 2026 cos of expanded FIFA club WC coming Summer 2025.

Comment

Not panicking as only a friendly, however team lacks cohesion, apart from GK, Dunne, Cooke, JCS, and Field, plus Chair the other 5 could be anyone, only Smyth today showed imtent, if he could cross he would be worth millions.

Comment

Another game without scoring,
              3 on the bounce.
              I totally get some of the comments on here about it being a friendly and results are irrelevant, but to not score any goals is not good.
              Scoring goals breeds confidence which is something we need when the season starts. Not overly worried just a bit concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

There's no AFCON next season. There was one scheduled for Summer 2025 (just 18 months after last one!) but that's been booted until Jan 2026 cos of expanded FIFA club WC coming Summer 2025.
                Thanks for correcting me Abseits. That's a little better then.

Comment

A little early to worry too much and in Marty we trust. Our first competitive game is not so far away so let's keep the faith. Marti hasn't done too much wrong so far.

Comment

I'd rather lose these games as it shows we're not good enough and need more signings. If we beat Spurs and smash Reading 4-0 then suddenly we think we're ok, when the reality is, we're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      I'd rather lose these games as it shows we're not good enough and need more signings. If we beat Spurs and smash Reading 4-0 then suddenly we think we're ok, when the reality is, we're not.
                      Why not? The team that finished 5th in the league form table from January that thumped Leeds 4-0 is broadly in tact. Nardi looks at least as good as Begovic and Kolli steps-in for Armstrong with ease. All we need to do is to replace Willock's questionable and erratic input. All the other players who moved on were dead wood and no loss whatsoever. Thus far, our incoming players more than replace the culled players and or squad looks more complete and balanced to me.

I would like to see Chair back next week and Marti field his best XI for at least an hour to get a proper sense of our preparedness for WBA. Right now I am supremely confident we will do well over our first 10 games - these friendlies do not shift my thinking one bit.

Comment

Why not? The team that finished 5th in the league form table from January that thumped Leeds 4-0 is broadly in tact. Nardi looks at least as good as Begovic and Kolli steps-in for Armstrong with ease. All we need to do is to replace Willock's questionable and erratic input. All the other players who moved on were dead wood and no loss whatsoever. Thus far, our incoming players more than replace the culled players and or squad looks more complete and balanced to me.

I would like to see Chair back next week and Marti field his best XI for at least an hour to get a proper sense of our preparedness for WBA. Right now I am supremely confident we will do well over our first 10 games - these friendlies do not shift my thinking one bit.
                        Spot on. We will add new players. We've been giving the young players an opportunity to step up in friendlies. 1st 11 come September will be very different....shame the season starts in August.

Comment

Hayden and Willock are 2 big losses to the first 11 that as yet, with only 2 weeks to go, not been replaced. The first 11 we can field is currently significantly weaker

Comment

Working...
                          X