Head of Methodology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head of Methodology

Looks like we’ve appointed one. Discuss…..

Making sure every team in the club plays the same formation as the first team. Is this even a job?

Seems a BS job title for a Director of Football. Perhaps with a DoF title it would cost more money??????

Comment

IMO, definitely needed.

Every feeder team should

Use same formation as 1st team
      Same style
      Same training routines
      Same warmup for matches

Players stepping up to 1st team, no surprises.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
        IMO, definitely needed.

Every feeder team should

Use same formation as 1st team
        Same style
        Same training routines
        Same warmup for matches

Players stepping up to 1st team, no surprises.
        Cheaper DoF then.

Comment

IMO, Head of Methodology will make sure academy develops players who play QPR way. Director of football responsible for player signings, contracts etc.

Internal Auditor role?

Personally, don't worry about academy results. Goal is to develop 1st team players. Academy teams should struggle as best players will be on loan, gaining valuable experience or with 1st team.

Comment

Clearly all part of Nourry's master plan to create an identity, something we have not had for some years now unless you count being a club adept at losing football matches as an identity.

Very much foundations being put in place with the long term in mind. We will see how the shorter term is looking once this transfer window has closed!

Comment

One thing is for sure......

AppointIng Ainsworth got Sir Les to resign.

Appointing Marsh got Francis to resign.

Not sure we wanted Francis to leave.....but every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

i have no idea what point Im trying to make though, "just saying"

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                IMO, Head of Methodology will make sure academy develops players who play QPR way. Director of football responsible for player signings, contracts etc.

Internal Auditor role?

Personally, don't worry about academy results. Goal is to develop 1st team players. Academy teams should struggle as best players will be on loan, gaining valuable experience or with 1st team.
                C'mon, it's inconceivable that any professional football club won't have some sort of overarching plan about seamless continuity through the teams. I bet if anyone can be assed to trawl through a decade of the club's comms/plans there will be similar statements about "joining up" in evidence. There was definitely such a statement made at least 5 years ago in relation to the hunt for a new training ground. Bringing in a..... ahem, "HOM*" doesn't immediately make me think eureka - we've cracked it, far from it in fact.

* can you write HOM on this very censorious platform or does it assume someone is typing a homophobic bad word and redact it????

Comment

It's not director of football, it's more whatever Chris Ramsey's title was no? A cheaper version of that.

Comment

Does sound like money down the drain, bloke hardly comes from a successful background
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Does sound like money down the drain, bloke hardly comes from a successful background
                      Exactly........

I'm sure one of MC's attends other games to see how players are progressing. Surely these check can include thst the style of play is consistent. Also, why can the coaches of these team follow the instruction given my MC. Seems an odd one to me too.

Comment

Let’s just hope that the CEO’s “stats” and “method” approach works. We’ve got a history of failed experiments

Comment

Working...
                        X