No announcement yet.

Just Back on the Island... PLEASE READ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny how most people who have met Gp face to face like him I had the pleasure of talking to him at the pre season friendly at wycombe were i also met gejaybe who i am sure will back me up he was very friendly and happy to talk to fans my opinion has not changed on him from that day...
    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

never met the bloke so dont have an opinion on him one way or the other .
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by nuffieldranger View Post
        funny how most people who have met Gp face to face like him I had the pleasure of talking to him at the pre season friendly at wycombe were i also met gejaybe who i am sure will back me up he was very friendly and happy to talk to fans my opinion has not changed on him from that day...
        A wolf in sheeps clothing.

What about the fans he has threatend who dare question him along with the youth players parents?

Comment

Originally posted by SM1882 View Post
          THANKYOU CHELMSFORD.

But hey what would he know eh? Everyone on WATRB hates GP so there cant be smoke without fire eh?
          I have always been neutral when it came to GP. Its clear that he is not squeaky clean in everything he does and has made some pretty awful player purchases whilst DoF. But on the other hand those people that have met him tend to be very complimentary and despite everything that has gone on he has kept his job so that suggests to me that he might actually be a good chairman (if not a good DoF).

If he really is THAT bad why do the anti GP brigade not just concentrate on the stuff they have FACTS on rather than padding out the argument with lots of here'say, exaggerations and down right lies. Take the Base agency rumour that he only bought players from the one agency because he was on some sort of kickback. As I understand it we only have a handful of players from this agency and no more or less than any other Championship club. (If I'm wrong on this please feel free to correct me).

What annoys me about the whole thing is that if anyone dares to compliment GP like SM did with this thread they get jumped on and accused of only posting cos of a "bribe", or being part of the "spin machine" or other disrespectful suggestions.

I try to see both sides of the argument and still get accused of "fawning" just because I has the audacity to suggest that maybe Lakshmi Mittal is a better judge of someone's ability to be Chairman of a company than most people that post on this and other forums.

Comment

Lakeshmi Mittal, Amit Bhattia and Ishan Saksena are no doubt very good judges of character.

Its some others, that are not.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by ChelmsfordRs View Post
              I have always been neutral when it came to GP. Its clear that he is not squeaky clean in everything he does and has made some pretty awful player purchases whilst DoF. But on the other hand those people that have met him tend to be very complimentary and despite everything that has gone on he has kept his job so that suggests to me that he might actually be a good chairman (if not a good DoF).

If he really is THAT bad why do the anti GP brigade not just concentrate on the stuff they have FACTS on rather than padding out the argument with lots of here'say, exaggerations and down right lies. Take the Base agency rumour that he only bought players from the one agency because he was on some sort of kickback. As I understand it we only have a handful of players from this agency and no more or less than any other Championship club. (If I'm wrong on this please feel free to correct me).

What annoys me about the whole thing is that if anyone dares to compliment GP like SM did with this thread they get jumped on and accused of only posting cos of a "bribe", or being part of the "spin machine" or other disrespectful suggestions.

I try to see both sides of the argument and still get accused of "fawning" just because I has the audacity to suggest that maybe Lakshmi Mittal is a better judge of someone's ability to be Chairman of a company than most people that post on this and other forums.
              Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                we've got a LIFT! No one can say this club isn't going places!

Glad you named Faurlin though, he is a gem and can't understand the stick he gets from some supporters.

And a heartwarming post - glad to hear about a loyal supporter being treated so well.

We've had a lift for 20 odd years!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  Lakeshmi Mittal, Amit Bhattia and Ishan Saksena are no doubt very good judges of character.

Totally agree.

They also wouldn't make big changes to the structure of the club whilst we're in a relegation battle with 2 months to play. Strongly suspect that their own man will be made chairman of qpr fc in the summer and the new era will officially begin.

Comment

SM an excellent post yet again, must take you ages to write.

Keep them going as most on here love to read your take on things.
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
                      SM an excellent post yet again, must take you ages to write.

Keep them going as most on here love to read your take on things.
                      Thanks Cambs Hoops

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Excellent post SM.

Nice to hear you enjoyed the day and came away feeling positive.

As Pete and the majority of others have already said, what matters is what your opinion of him, his role and what his relationship with the players and the staff is.

I have never spoken to him personally and as discussed with our friend across the pond many months back, not personally privy to exactly what his role/resposibilities have been since the takeover, nor the restrictions placed upon him or the parameters in which he had to perform his duties. Therefore, because of this, it would not be wise on my part to either praise or criticise him, not knowing exactly what he has been asked to do.

Furthermore, you will no doubt have noticed that those who have chosen to be uncharitable towards you with their remarks and comments, are the same tiresome people who have had nothing positive to say about GP at best and downright rude/abusive/unpleasant at worst. These people, do not forget, in all probability know no more or less than anybody else, but choose to persist with their claims in the belief that it is their opinion that is correct. And in the event that this is the case, sadly for them they continue to make complete fools of themselves when putting their own spin on events in order to justify their own position and beliefs.

The thing is SM, unlike these fonts of all knowledge, you DO actually go to nearly EVERY game despite where you live. I have to laugh when I see their comments made on here at a time when a game is on.

But possibly most importantly of all, it is YOU who actually arranged this yourself, took part in it, and have made further plans to see it through. Your critics however, have done nothing other than completely show themselves up for the fickle band of lightweights that they are. If they cared anywhere near as much as you about our great club and were as unhappy about the recent goings on as they claim to be, then if they had any balls whatsoever, they would have gone to similar lengths to you and we could all have sat back and read their own factual accounts of their attempts to discover what has been going on or is likely to in future. It may well have had a different angle to your understanding, but until such time as one of them has the guts to do what you have, and I believe that you are much younger than the majority of them, I know whose opinions I am more likely to side with.

Thanks once again for a superb read, I for one commend you.
                        Well said Brighton - you saved me some time by putting it that way.
                        SM - you cannot take any of the anti posts to heart as these people care about nothing other than their posinous agenda - the venom in their replies to an obviously devoted, passionate and intelligent proper fan say all that needs to be said about them.
                        I am absolutely made up that you not only had a day to remember but also had the guts to tell us all about it knowing what you were lining yourself up for by doing so.

Nice one mate :pleasantsuprise:
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

I wouldn't be getting too smug just yet, it would not be beyond the realms of possibilty that The Indians will bring in one of their own over some dodgy Italian.

As you say they are good judges of character, I've already heard murmurings that Gee Pee will be slowly outed....catchy monkey and all that, here's hoping hey!

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                            I wouldn't be getting too smug just yet, it would not be beyond the realms of possibilty that The Indians will bring in one of their own over some dodgy Italian.

As you say they are good judges of character, I've already heard murmurings that Gee Pee will be slowly outed....catchy monkey and all that, here's hoping hey!
                            No smugness at this end. If they decide to get rid of GP in the summer and get someone (they think is) better in, then I will fully support them.

You have a choice - you either trust/support them to make the right decision (for the club) whatever it may be OR you only trust/support them if they do what you think is right.

Comment

• Great read SM, thanks for taking the time and sticking your neck out on this one. I've never met GP but I'm keeping an open mind.

Amazing how much time and money you must spend supporting the Rs. Because of that..who is better aimed to be meeting GP and post questions towards him?? You have been as frustrated if not more with the way things been going so I'll trust you to be a great representative for us fans.

Finally we get a chance to get some answers back. Although I found it interesting how he dodged the Routledge-question!? That is something that I'd like to find out more about

Keep up the good work and cheers from Sweden!

Comment

• I've met him. I thought he was a ***** and full of ****, saw straight through him.

Comment

Working...
                                X